Page 11 of 36 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Civic View Post
    I must say, these Lysacek vs. Plushenko posts are getting kind of old. And I'm a Plushenko fan. Props to Evan for working on and (it appears) mastering the quad. Props to Chan for his quad prowess. My favorite competitions are those in which all the contenders are at their best.
    This

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Zemgirl View Post
    ...My impression was that there was a long-term plan for Chan, but also that he was nowhere near consistent enough on some of his other jumps to be throwing quads into his programs earlier in his career. And it seems to me like this is serving as a blueprint for some of the other skaters - gain experience and build up a reputation first, then add the quads (if you can) and the marks will go through the roof. Whereas it used to be that skaters would get the tech part of it first and then work on artistry, expression etc.
    Hmmm. I wonder if Dornbush will do this. Please someone tell me 'yes'

Back OT - Evan and FC aren't dumb. They see the changes in point values, the surge in attempted Quad jumps and know that to remain competitive, EL needs at least one. That's all. I wouldn't read to much into it. I'm frankly baffled by the obsession of a few (not just Caseyedwards - the most obvious example) with Evan's gold medal to the point that they search out Evan threads and snark a year and a half later. I've never heard a coherent technical argument by anyone meaningful that Evan wuzgifted / Plush or Takahashi wuzrobbed , so kindly get over it... You're only looking irrational
    Last edited by olympic; 08-22-2011 at 11:40 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by museksk8r View Post
    Evan Lysacek?, not so much. Lysacek's style mimics Plushenko too much for my tastes.
    True! Minus the quad!

Beach Bum
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonlady View Post
    I want a skater who truly has it all, not just quads. If I have to choose between quads and a real program with great spins, footwork and transitions, I'll take the skater with all around skills than just a quad.

And I know I'm not alone.
    I am with you too.
    I think I will have a snack and take a nap before I eat and go to sleep.

I <3 Kozuka
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Zemgirl View Post
    IIRC, that's not quite accurate - Chan landed it in the warmup at 2009 Liberty, but fell on it during the program. I don't think practice and warmup quads should count...

Why I remember this, I have no idea

My impression was that there was a long-term plan for Chan, but also that he was nowhere near consistent enough on some of his other jumps to be throwing quads into his programs earlier in his career.
    Chan might have fallen on the quad at Liberty, but this showed it was part of the plan for him to include it in his program, and the assumption was he'd have multiple tries before the Olympics: at two GP events, probably GPF, and Canadian Nationals. He planned to include the quad even though his 3A's were by no means consistent. He was injured not that long after and lost months getting back, and it's not surprising he didn't try the quad in Vancouver.

Lysacek was no stranger to competing with injury: early in his career he competed with a fractured pelvis. However, some injuries are blocking, and it's possible that this was the case for him. Kwan's broken toe stopped her fairly soon after, while her hip injury took years to sideline her.
    "'Is this new BMW-designed sled the ultimate sledding machine for Langdon and Holcomb?' Leigh Diffey asked before the pair cruised to victory. I don’t know, but I know that sled is the ultimate Olympic Games product placement.." -- Jen Chaney

Port de bras!!!
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NMURA View Post
    Lysacek vs Chan...

Such a "rivalry" only exists only in desperate Americans minds.
    This American is rooting for Chan. This thread is hysterical.
    "Nature is a damp, inconvenient sort of place where birds and animals wander about uncooked."

from Speedy Death

I <3 Kozuka
    vCash
    Chan vs. Lysacek is a perfect storm of and . A Chan vs. Lysacek rivalry = TV narrative + the deep pockets of US TV which requires an American champion uber alles, and US TV money has been overflowing into the ISU coffers lately.

[/sarcasm off]
    "'Is this new BMW-designed sled the ultimate sledding machine for Langdon and Holcomb?' Leigh Diffey asked before the pair cruised to victory. I don’t know, but I know that sled is the ultimate Olympic Games product placement.." -- Jen Chaney

I used to live in Adam's curls, but he cut them - so now I'm homeless. =o(
    vCash

vCash
    Evan really looks like he's in great shape.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Civic View Post
    I must say, these Lysacek vs. Plushenko posts are getting kind of old. And I'm a Plushenko fan. Props to Evan for working on and (it appears) mastering the quad. Props to Chan for his quad prowess. My favorite competitions are those in which all the contenders are at their best.
    Perfectly said.

vCash
    Everyone was complaining? That's simply not true. I, for one, never complained about the lack of quads. If someone skates with no speed, no program, no spins, and no footwork (yes Kevin Van der Perren, we mean you), I don't want him on the podium just because he can rotate 4 times in the air.

I want a skater who truly has it all, not just quads. If I have to choose between quads and a real program with great spins, footwork and transitions, I'll take the skater with all around skills than just a quad.

sixth

I think Plushenko in competition these days is the same as KVDP,nothing beside quad,sometimes his competition programs even worse than KVDP,he got veryhigh PCS just because he's "famous".It's not fair.

I love himself,and his show performances,but I hope he and his fans won't ask for gold before and after every competitions,if he can't bring a good program and performance.Maybe the Olympics should give him a gold medal and let him leave,not destroy the sports anymore.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Spartacus View Post
    What a strange looking combination.

Was that a Triple Axel/Triple Lutz combo???

Shadow dancing
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dots View Post

3A 1/2 loop 3F

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dots View Post

Axel half loop flip combo. To do a lutz you would need to change edge after the half loop which would make it not a combo. Now if you did a half loop that landed on an outside edge you could do a lutz. Pop quiz, what would that middle jump be called (rob edge landing on lob edge)?
    I guess the hard thing for a lot of people to accept is why God would allow me to go running through their yards, yelling and spinning around.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sk8er1964 View Post
    3A 1/2 loop 3F

Thanks, for a moment I thought it was a lutz.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ozzisk8tr View Post
    Axel half loop flip combo. To do a lutz you would need to change edge after the half loop which would make it not a combo. Now if you did a half loop that landed on an outside edge you could do a lutz. Pop quiz, what would that middle jump be called (rob edge landing on lob edge)?

Oh god it seems near impossible. I get the feeling a Triple Axel/Triple Axel would be more doable.

vCash
    Everyone was complaining? That's simply not true. I, for one, never complained about the lack of quads. If someone skates with no speed, no program, no spins, and no footwork (yes Kevin Van der Perren, we mean you), I don't want him on the podium just because he can rotate 4 times in the air.

Add me to the list!

vCash

No, you are definitely not alone.
    'Life's hard. It's even harder when you're stupid.'--John Wayne

vCash
    I am very impressed with that combination of Evan's.

I thought someone like Plushenko had done a 3axel-1/2loop-3flip combo before.
    When you are up to your arse in alligators it is difficult to remember you were only meant to be draining the swamp.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Aussie Willy View Post
    I am very impressed with that combination of Evan's.

I thought someone like Plushenko had done a 3axel-1/2loop-3flip combo before.
    Plushenko did it at SLC.

But caseyedwards, LYSACEK DID IT BETTER.

Page 11 of 36 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast