Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

Gerard Depardieu accused of peeing on plane floor

Go to : http://www.nzherald.co.nz/entertainm...ectid=10745844 Ordinarily I would consider this unworthy of celebrity news. But as soon as someone posts Anderson Cooper's pun-filled summation of the case on YouTube, it'll be worth it.

ETA: And here it is: http://ac360.blogs.cnn.com/2011/08/1...rard-depardieu
    Last edited by Jot the Dot Dot; 08-18-2011 at 03:24 AM. Reason: Adding Links

vCash
    Ugh. In a similar story a few weeks ago, a drunk passenger peed on the floor next to a young girl's seat on JetBlue jet.

vCash
    Anderson Cooper made me laugh - A LOT. Thanks for the good start to my day!

vCash
    Anderson Cooper must think his followers are stupid. I got his puns without him pointing them out. It was funny though when he lost it & started giggling like a little kid.

vCash
    The foreign language version of Snakes on a Plane?

Argle-Bargle-ist
    vCash
    Prostate problem made Depardieu pee on plane: friend

...Depardieu had tried to urinate in a water bottle when denied access to the toilet by a hostess.

"It's just that the bottle was too small. It's true that it overflowed," Baer told Europe 1 radio. "He was embarrassed. He wanted to clean it up...It was very humiliating and awkward for him..."
    "Gerard wanted to explain to the people on the plane, then he was furious, which I can understand, but he did not lose his temper. It was the hostess who was being zealous, and there you go, he took the next airplane. There was no problem."
    It's official. I am madly in love with Meryl Davis.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DarrellH View Post
    The foreign language version of Snakes on a Plane?

I enjoy Anderson Cooper, but it would've been funnier if he did it with a straight face.

vCash
    Anderson Cooper giggling is one of the most adorable things I've ever seen. I showed the clip of it at a house party last night, and everyone, even the big stoic guys, were cracking up. It's impossible not to smile at it.

vCash
    I thought Anderson's piece was too obvious and therefore, not funny.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by screech View Post
    Anderson Cooper giggling is one of the most adorable things I've ever seen. I showed the clip of it at a house party last night, and everyone, even the big stoic guys, were cracking up. It's impossible not to smile at it.
    ITA with this. I have watched it a bunch of times and it keeps me laughing every time. He is soooooo cute!

Argle-Bargle-ist
    vCash
    So people don't believe the claim of prostrate problems? People are still chuckling about this, so I assume people think he is lying?

Or are prostrate problems not seen as anything serious by most people?
    It's official. I am madly in love with Meryl Davis.

vCash

Arrow

I'm with you Japanfan, I didn't find Anderson's giggles nor the script particularly giggle-worthy. I just don't get it. But Colbert's segment on it the other night was a blast. Coincidentally, I just saw Depardieu's old movie La Chevre and it was a nice reminder of his once hotness.

drinky typo pbp, closet hugger
    vCash
    seeing Anderson Cooper dissolve into a giggling 12 year old over the juvenile "Depar-two" joke was hilarious.
    Q: Why can't I read the competition threads?
    A: Competition forums on the board are available to those with a Season Pass or a premium membership How to View Kiss & Cry

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PeterG View Post
    So people don't believe the claim of prostrate problems? People are still chuckling about this, so I assume people think he is lying?

Or are prostrate problems not seen as anything serious by most people?
    Awwww Peter - so serious? Prostrate problems are not giggle worthy.

But my laughs are because of Anderson's giggles not so much because of the source. And if the prostrate thing is true - he (Cooper) didn't know that when he did the segment.

Also - is it not true that Depardieu was drunk or at least drinking enough to be thought drunk? His prostrate problems had a little help from his friends as it were?

I guess it just seems like one of those excuses that may have truth to them but are not the whole story.

Mad for mangelwurzels
    vCash
    Had he been prostrate with drink, you couldn't blame people for not being sympathetic.

However, if he has prostate problems, then he should be shown some thoughtfulness.
    Be with me always—take any form—drive me mad! only do not leave me in this abyss, where I cannot find you! Oh, God! it is unutterable! I cannot live without my life! I cannot live without my soul!"

Not 'Boxxy'!
    vCash
    O/T in this thread, I suppose, but Depardieu really is a very good, successful actor, much more so in his French films than whatever he did in English. Just sayin'......

engaged to dupa
    vCash
    Depends.
    3539 and counting.

Slightly Wounding Banana list cont: MacMadame.

Not 'Boxxy'!
    vCash
    Oh, no, I tried!

vCash
    If Gerald suffers from prostate problem then I'm sure this plane incident wasn't the first time that he had to pee really bad during an inappropriate time. He should have taken precaution like either (a) not drink anything an hour before he boarded the plane and/or (b) wear adult diaper.

Laughing at this incident doesn't mean that no one is taking prostate problem seriously or that people doesn't have empathy for Gerald. Look at all the uni testicle jokes by late night comics about Lance Armstrong after he recovered from cancer treatment. You can have a laugh at something serious.

Prick Admin
    vCash
    Judging by recent pictures of Depardieu I'd say his being a lush might have something to do with his prostate troubles.
    To think that fun is simple fun, while earnest things are earnest, proves all too plain that neither one thou truthfully discernest.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast