NCAA Football thread 2011

And we begin with another scandal.

http://sports.yahoo.com/investigatio...enefits_081611

KWEEN 2016! YES WE KWAN!
    vCash

KWEEN 2016! YES WE KWAN!
    vCash

vCash
    So assuming they are able to prove the allegations against Miami, does anyone think they will get the death penalty?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Yehudi View Post
    So assuming they are able to prove the allegations against Miami, does anyone think they will get the death penalty?
    If not for this, then when? If Miami doesn't get it for this, then the death penalty is just an idle threat.

Top Secret FSU Witness Protection Location
    vCash
    Great game last night from LSU! So proud of them and Lee did a great job. Oregon handed us too many points, looks like LSU's luck continues for now.
    -Brian
    "Michelle would never be caught with sausage grease staining her Vera Wang." - rfisher

Satisfied skating fan
    vCash
    I almost feel sorry for New Mexico. Almost. Woo Pig Sooie. Razorbacks
    Those who never succeed themselves are always the first to tell you how.

vCash
    Did anyone see this today? The new Minnesota Gophers coach had a seizure during the final 20 seconds of the game today. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TqFvGAMGFto

Scary stuff!

vCash
    Hope the coach is going to be ok!

Went to the LSU game but we left after half time. Great game for LSU and we got our new quarterback in for the entire 2nd half and he did very well.
    -Brian
    "Michelle would never be caught with sausage grease staining her Vera Wang." - rfisher

vCash
    Holy crap. Was in the Big House tonight for that game! There are no words!

KWEEN 2016! YES WE KWAN!
    vCash

vCash
    I feel kind of bad but my boyfriend and I were loudly cheering on Michigan at a restaurant after we left the LSU game. There were two people sitting at the bar being absolutely obnoxious about Notre Dame and how they had the game won. I told my bf we should start cheering on Michigan and hope for the best so we could see those twats crying into their beers. Well, whadya know!? I thought Michigan had it won, then lost it, then they won it anyway! What a game. The twats stormed out after the final TD. It would have been oh so sweet if Michigan did score on that very final mistake by ND, the twats wouldn't have understood what happened because when they left there was only 2 seconds left in the game and ND had the ball.
    -Brian

vCash
    LSU had a rare Thursday game at Miss State. LSU won 19 to 6. Good game for Lee, he did have 1 interception but otherwise a pretty flawless game. The offense should have turned some of those field goals into TDs but their defense was great and only allowed 2 field goals.
    -Brian

vCash
    Gearing up for another great weekend of college football. So far this year kudos to LSU for winning a super tough opener over a very good Oregon team. Then beating a solid Miss St team on the road, good start to the season for them. LSU looks to have a great defense this year.

The Big 10 is so much deeper now by adding Nebraska to the conference. I can't see any Big 10 school going undefeated this season. Wisconsin is the heavy favorite in their division and I expect either Neb or Michigan State will play them in the first Big 10 championship. I don't think its happening for Ohio State this year. Expect the Buckeyes to finish 8-4/7-5. With all of their internal problems they're due for a fall. Denard Robinson is an exciting player but until Michigan can learn to play defense they will struggle to win games in the conference. Teams like Penn St and Iowa will probably be also-rans this year.

Some quick predictions for today's top games:

Oklahoma over FSU - Is FSU really a top 5 team after going 7-6 last year? Not IMO. Oklahoma wins but not by 30 like last year.

Miami, Fla over Ohio State - revenge for the 2003 National Title game

Texas over UCLA - revenge for last year

Mich. State over Notre Dame - ND is a desperate team but the Spartans have too much offensive firepower. Should be a high scoring game. MSU has great depth on offense: excellent QB, 3 good RB's, 4 solid WR's and 3 excellent TE's.

Clemson over Auburn - Auburn's winning streak comes to an end.

Illinois over Arizona State - 2 solid teams. Illini win at home. ASU might play for first Pac-10 championship since Stanford/Oregon are in same division.

Time to get ready for another 13 hour marathon.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptCrunch View Post
    Miami, Fla over Ohio State - revenge for the 2003 National Title game
    What do you mean? LSU beat Oklahoma to win in 2003 at the Sugar Bowl in New Orleans.
    -Brian

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BigB08822 View Post
    What do you mean? LSU beat Oklahoma to win in 2003 at the Sugar Bowl in New Orleans.
    It was the 2002 season, but the OSU-Miami game was played in January, 2003. Maybe that's where the date confusion has happened?

As for this year's Big Ten....if Nebraska continues to sputter on offense except for a few big plays and not perform to potential on defense as they did last week, I don't see them in the title game. In fact, some fans may end up missing the patsies of the Big 12 North by season's end.

vCash
    BC sucks. Thats all I gotta say

vCash
    No discussion of the big conference realignment rumors of the day? Syracuse and Pitt have applied to the ACC. From what we've heard, they wouldn't have applied if they didn't know the answer was yes.

Satisfied skating fan
    vCash
    The Hogs won, but it was a good thing Troy wasn't that good because we gave them a lot of chances. Razorback offense against Crimson Tide defense next week at Tuscaloosa. I'm afraid to watch.
    Those who never succeed themselves are always the first to tell you how.

vCash
    Is it just me or have their been far fewer early season upsets than in seasons past? I'm used to at least one big team going down every week but not so far...(of course, #5 lost but they played #1)
    -Brian

Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast