Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Amazing Race 19

Skating supporter
    Born in Nova Scotia but living in Ottawa, Ontario (Canada's Capital)
    vCash
    But double elim next week
    Can't skate but love to watch

Bountifully Enmeshed
    vCash
    Geez, what are the odds the grandparents can make up enough time to get past their penalty AND a double elimination?
    Trolling dates all the way back to 397 B.C. - People began following Plato around and would make fart noises after everything he said.

Satisfied skating fan
    vCash
    Double elimination next week. That will make the prediciton game interesting.
    Adelina Sotnikova defeated the curse of Esta She is indeed the Greatest Of All Time!

Tranquillo
    vCash
    Not likely, but you never know on this show. One wrong turn and a team can lose lots of time.
    "The Devil is joining in, and that's never a good sign." Phil Liggett

Satisfied skating fan
    vCash
    Too many red herrings in the preview. Must ponder my choice for the contest.
    Adelina Sotnikova defeated the curse of Esta She is indeed the Greatest Of All Time!

vCash
    Did anyone else think the grandparents looked kind of relieved when they thought they might be eliminated? They looked tired and I don't blame them, it was a rough leg for them.

Tranquillo
    vCash
    Per Phil, there will be an article in the NY Times tomorrow discussing what happened with the missing passport.

Bountifully Enmeshed
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rfisher View Post
    Too many red herrings in the preview. Must ponder my choice for the contest.
    I figure anyone who made the preview is safe. The trick is to figure out who is safe, but only for next week.
    Trolling dates all the way back to 397 B.C. - People began following Plato around and would make fart noises after everything he said.

vCash
    Race karma hits the showgirls. They interview about how smart they are and then drop a passport. Twins and bickering sibs can leave my screen anytime. Grandparents stayed quite calm while wasting 4 hours.

Can we keep Ethan and get rid of Jenna?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shan View Post
    So are we going to stick with 1 thread for the entire season instead of week by week threads?
    No, I say a thread each week, unless Really is going to be nurturing and change thread titles often (with creation comes responsibility, innit).

vCash
    Gah, these twins make me miss Kami & Karli ... yes, they were THAT obnoxious.

Fun episode with a number of teams that I could get behind if they continue to race well, continue to be fun, and manage to not give each other answers. e.g. Marcus Pollard is a fun and funny guy ... who knew? Not me ... this Colts fan watched him for just short of a decade, but hardly saw him out of his helmet.

Maybe I've got some sister issues of my own, but for some reason I always look forward to brother/sister bickering. Looks like we'll have plenty of that with this season's edition, who were already hinting at at the airport and seem to be really going at it next week.

Still the fame whoring father who sent two kids (and counting?) out to try to break the record for youngest to solo sail around the world, and saw nothing wrong with his 14 year-old daughter being out there - adrift - alone. He's so thoroughly in his element, probably with dollar signs and reality shows dancing in his mind ... so of course I hope for an early elimination for he and his son.

Oh, great, two gay guys who just happen to be flight attendants. Thanks, CBS, for propping that stereotype for the masses. They seem like nice guys, though. No way will they go far, methinks, despite their confidence.

Wow, BJ & Tyler are back! Albeit without their brains.
    Last edited by Beefcake; 09-26-2011 at 07:22 AM.

vCash
    Two things I really liked this episode

1) Olympians saying they think they will be perceived as slackers. Yeah, maybe if you only tell them you are snowboarders, and forget to mention that part, but otherwise, no way. No Olympian gets there being a slacker, even a snowboarder.

2) Ethan and Jenna (? on names) saying they won't tell people they were on Survivor. Right, because no one will ever figure that out.

Tranquillo
    vCash

vCash
    Mr. Keoghan said Mr. Storms’s messages were spotted right away by an anonymous “uber fan” of the show in Georgia who was apparently monitoring all Twitter mentions of “The Amazing Race.” Such fans act as “Amazing Race” detectives, tracking movements of contestants and discerning who might be winning along the way. The fan quickly replied to Mr. Storms, saying, “She’ll need her passport! Can you get it to LAX?”
    That is Ka-razy! (Miss Nene will forgive me for poaching her catch phrase.) But we know these people, don't we? They practically LIVE to scour the Internet for sightings and photos, then take their to TWoP, Survivor Sucks, and other message/chat boards. Sleuthing, speculating, spoiling, and debunking false spoiling. All for the glory ... faceless, undercover, cheered-by-tens-of-peers glory.

That Phil had rushed to LAX to eliminate the girls.
    Last edited by Beefcake; 09-26-2011 at 03:19 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Beefcake View Post
    All for the glory ... faceless, undercover, cheered-by-tens-of-peers glory.

I really dislike this trend toward more and more D-list celebrity casting, but I was so excited to see that some of my favorite types of TAR teams are back: Siblings! Twins! Gay Couple! Oldsters!

At first I thought the Siblings had a kind of Talicia/Tramel vibe. Not so much. The Twins make me long for the days of the Bald Snark, Wonder Twins, and Kami/Karli swimming through a ditch. The Oldsters are no Fran/Berry or Meredith/Gretchen, that's for sure. The jury's still out for me on the gay couple. I felt that I didn't get to see enough of them to get to know them. Maybe that's a good omen for their future.

However, I did like the majority of the teams. And best of all, TAR is back!

Speaking of not getting to see enough... My dvr cut off right after Showgirl took the mall plunge because of stupid football running long and stupid me forgetting to pad the recording end time. I'll have to wait till the episode is posted on line to see the finish. And how lucky was that Showgirl anyway, getting her passport returned at the airport? I would've been looking for it at the gas station for hours.

Clueless American
    vCash
    Oh my - that temple is right near my house! I could've been at that Shell station (except I never go there - lol), but I do pass it all the time!

Fun episode - I did think the screen clue was difficult - easy for us since they show it over and over, but kind of not obvious. Not sure who to pick for the prediction game.

vCash
    I hope the oldies make it far. For some reason, I just love watching the senior citizens make it far in the game. It gives me hope that someday I will be like them.

Tranquillo
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jenna View Post
    I hope the oldies make it far. For some reason, I just love watching the senior citizens make it far in the game. It gives me hope that someday I will be like them.
    I'm not that energetic now, not sure why I will be when I'm there age. I'd have been crying long before I hit 4 hours searching for the clue.

In my own little fantasy world where life is perfect for me!
    vCash
    ^ Me too! It didn't even look like they were in the right part of the city half the time, the buildings were all different than where the other people were looking. That's another reason I can't be on this show. I would have totally went ballastic and lost it if I had been searching that long and still not find it (but then again, that's what they love to show though, isn't it!).

a monkey stole my title
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BaileyCatts View Post
    ^ Me too! It didn't even look like they were in the right part of the city half the time, the buildings were all different than where the other people were looking.
    They weren't; I was in the area where the clue was given; I wasn't ever very near the other places. The building they went to (I assume Taipei 101) is completely in the opposite direction from the temple iirc.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast