Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Amazing Race 19

Sexy Superhero
    vCash

Amazing Race 19

Looks like the next version of Amazing Race has several famous people participating, including former Survivor winners, a former NFL player, and the youngest person to sail around the world.

http://www.suite101.com/content/meet...#ixzz1Ttiom4F0

Argle-Bargle-ist
    vCash
    It looks like they've picked a really good cast, who will all challenge each other. Hearing about the couple who used to do triathalons made me think of the two overweight men with bad knees who were cast a couple of years back. Sure, cast some couch potatoes is a good idea, but get two of them who exercise now and then - and have all of their body parts in working order!
    It's official. I am madly in love with Meryl Davis.

drinky typo pbp, closet hugger
    vCash
    FECKING ETHAN AND JENNA?!?!

I am really over all of CBS' reality competitions recycling their contestants. I didn't mind Ethan in his season, but I loathe Jenna Morasca and I really do not want them on TAR. Please, please please let them be eliminated first. Egregious use of former NFL players is also annoying.

These awful casting trends are ruining what used to be really great shows. I've already sworn off Big Brother, I'm ready to give up on Survivor after last season's crapfest, but please don't take my beloved TAR!
    Q: Why can't I read the competition threads?
    A: Competition forums on the board are available to those with a Season Pass or a premium membership How to View Kiss & Cry

Sexy Superhero
    vCash
    I'm wondering about Survivor, myself. They're redoing the Boston Rob/Russell plotline using Ozzy and Coach.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rogue View Post
    I'm wondering about Survivor, myself. They're redoing the Boston Rob/Russell plotline using Ozzy and Coach.
    Seriously?!? I'm done with them if that's true.
    A: Competition forums on the board are available to those with a Season Pass or a premium membership How to View Kiss & Cry

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by genevieve View Post
    These awful casting trends are ruining what used to be really great shows. I've already sworn off Big Brother, I'm ready to give up on Survivor after last season's crapfest, but please don't take my beloved TAR!
    You're going to run out of TV to watch. Don't act like that will be a good thing.

I don't think I personally mind that Ethan/Jenna will be on, though I agree that all the contestant inbreeding among the shows is getting to be a bit much.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jamesy View Post
    You're going to run out of TV to watch. Don't act like that will be a good thing.
    The only tv I've watched all summer is SYTYCD (and GLEE Project on Hulu). It's been working out for me pretty well!

vCash
    Well, the nice thing about ignoring survivor, is just like Rob and Amber I have no idea who these people are. I liked Rob and Amber, so who knows...

vCash
    Cast is okay, I guess. I try not to pre-judge, as I'm almost always proven incorrect.

But, meh, Sunderlands. Publicity chasing machine of a family. Last we heard from them, they were defending their parenting prowess while their would-be record-breaking tween daughter floated in her disabled boat, alone, in the Indian Ocean ... awaiting a multi-million dollar rescue.
    Last edited by Beefcake; 08-16-2011 at 11:53 PM.

vCash
    Looks interesting.
    I never really liked Jenna, but liked Ethan. The fact that Ethan has been with her so long, gives Jenna a few extra points, plus she was so young when she won Surivivor. Will wait to see.
    I understand how some folks may not like this kind of casting. But it generates interest which may attract new viewers to the show. I love AR, and it has been on a long time, so anything to keep it going is good news to me.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by genevieve View Post
    FECKING ETHAN AND JENNA?!?!

I am really over all of CBS' reality competitions recycling their contestants. I didn't mind Ethan in his season, but I loathe Jenna Morasca and I really do not want them on TAR. Please, please please let them be eliminated first. Egregious use of former NFL players is also annoying.

Totally agree with everything here. I absolutely hated Jenna and am still scratching my head on her win (partly because Rob C should have won and I never got over it). All I can remember about her is her and Heidi stripping for peanut butter and chocolate. I don't know why anyone wanted to see that...she looked like a pale refugee. Ethan won because everyone else on this season sucked. But, I am glad to hear that he's healthy, so I'll move on from that.

I refuse to check out the rest of the cast. I just wanted to see which Survivors were participating. I stopped watching Big Brother after the first elimination this season. And I pray that Survivor is at least a challenge this season. I loved Boston Rob but he slept walked thru that whole season.....no one was up to the task. Let's hope this season is an improvement or I'll have to put it down, too.
    The privilege of a lifetime is being who you are--Joseph Campbell

vCash
    For a moment there I thought it said Elliot Halverson instead of Ernie Halvorsen.

Personally, I don't mind Ethan/Jenna. I'm so happy for him that he's overcome his battle with cancer and that he is able to participate in this!

I also loved that there is finally a 60+ couple for the first time in years! I loved Meredith and Gretchen from Season 7.

In my own little fantasy world where life is perfect for me!
    vCash
    Somebody needs to get an FSU Team on that show. Can't be me ... I can't drive a stick, and I can't read a map, so that leaves me pretty useless during car travel.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BaileyCatts View Post
    Somebody needs to get an FSU Team on that show. Can't be me ... I can't drive a stick, and I can't read a map, so that leaves me pretty useless during car travel.
    Oh, oh, I can drive stick shift and read maps. However, I would probably suck at physical stuff and I don't do well eating new foods but I am fast -- just a few bites and down the hatch!!!
    Crazy about sports!

Satisfied skating fan
    vCash
    I can eat anything, drive a stick and read a map. I'm not flinging watermelons or carting stuff up and down stairs.

I don't watch Survivor or Big Brother so all the contestants will be new to me. I can hate or cheer them without bias.
    Those who never succeed themselves are always the first to tell you how.

Tranquillo
    vCash
    CBS picks their top 10 TAR moments - I can't believe marching in Russia didn't make the top 10

But Phil in his underwear
    "The Devil is joining in, and that's never a good sign." Phil Liggett

vCash
    The watermelon gets me every time.

But the choice for most heart wrenching moment? No way.

vCash
    no Collin's broken ox?!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jenna View Post
    The watermelon gets me every time.

But the choice for most heart wrenching moment? No way.
    Totally agree with you.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sk8pics View Post
    Totally agree with you.
    For real. CBS still has a boner for Margie & Luke, even though even the sappiest of sappy viewers (you know who you are!) weren't buying their schtick anymore by the middle of TARAS2.

Frank & Margarita's devastation in discovering Rob & Brennan already at the $1mil bath mat (TARII finale) was far more "heart wrenching," as were many other eliminations.

It's an insult to everyone, especially deaf people and others with disabilities, that Luke's whining and his and his mother's "victim" agenda are [still!] being packaged as inspirational by dunderheaded network PTBs.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast