vCash

"Prince Ice World 2011 Japan tour: 8/13-8/14 in Okazaki

This is an article in “Mainichi Shinbun” in Japan.
    Translated from Japanese.
    Miki Ando showed the splendid performance in an ice show in her hometown, Aichi prefecture.

The photo:
    Photography: By Tadakazu Nakamura
    Miki Ando who is showing the soft and gentle performance. (In Okazaki city in Aichi prefecture in August 13th)
    http://mainichi.jp/enta/sports/news/...000p_size5.jpg

By Tadakazu Nakamura
    In August 13th, Miki Ando who won the championship in the Worlds of April participated to the ice show "Prince Ice Worlds 2011" which was held in Okazaki city in Aichi prefecture. It was her first ice show in her hometown Aichi prefecture after winning the championship in the Worlds. As for two stages in the ice show in this day, the audience of 4,800 in total visited.

Miki Ando who wore the costume in snow white showed the splendid jump and the soft and gentle performance, while skating to the music “A Thousand Winds” which is the English version of “Sen no Kaze ni Natte”.
    Her pose which joins her hands with closing her eyes after opening her arms widely attracted the audience.

In the ending of the ice show, there was a performance which she with smiling face knock the Worlds silver medalist Takahiko Kozuka out with hitting with a boxing glove, too. The audience, too, had been knocked out by Miki's smiling face which looks attractive on the ice.

The article
    Miki Ando showed the splendid performance in an ice show in her hometown, Aichi prefecture.
    http://mainichi.jp/enta/sports/news/...40083000c.html

vCash
    This is an article in “Chunichi Shinbun” in Japan.
    In "Prince Ice World 2011 Japan Tour” in Okazaki, the successive queens vied for the performance mellowly.
    August 14th, 2011 JST

The photo
    Midori Ito, Mki Ando, Shizuka Arakawa and Junko Yaginuma who are responding to the audience at the finale in the ice show. (at Sogo Gymnasium in Okazaki Chuo Sogo Park in Okazaki city)
    http://www.chunichi.co.jp/article/ai...0058_size0.jpg

By Mikiko Shimamura
    In August 13th, "Prince Ice World 2011 in Okazaki" (cosponsored by Chunichi Shinbun) started with the schedule for two days at the Sogo Gymnasium in Okazaki Chuo Sogo Park. It opened brilliantly with the hit song medley.
    Worlds gold medalist, Miki Ando appeared with a snow-white costume and danced lithely on the ice with the music "A Thousand Winds" of the English version of "Sen no Kaze ni Nate".
    As for Turin Olympics gold medalist Shizuka Arakawa, Ina Bauer which she is good at attracted the audience.
    Albertville Olympics silver medalist Midori Ito showed the skating which is full of a feeling of speed, too.
    4,800 audiences in total attended the two stages in this day.
    A skating team which is led by pro-skater Junko Yaginuma showed a show which used the film music.

The article:
    In "Prince Ice World 2011 Japan Tour” in Okazaki, the successive queens vied for the performance mellowly.
    http://www.chunichi.co.jp/article/ai...402000104.html

vCash
    “Prince Ice World 2011 Japan Tour in Okazaki”
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Hlguxd4Jkw&NR=1

Translated from Japanese
    00:00
    The leading skaters in domestic such as the Worlds silver medalist Takahiko Kozuka gathered and the ice show in high summer was held.
    00:10
    Kanako Murakami who had broken through bigly as a senior player in last season showed an exhibition program in this season.
    She showed the lithe performance which she imagined an adult woman.
    00:28
    Worlds champion Miki Ando appeared a snow-white costume. It is the first time after the Worlds that she participates to the ice show in her hometown Aichi prefecture. She skated to the music “Mission” of the SP in last season. She fascinated the audience with the elegant performance of a Worlds champion.
    00:54
    And this person, too, participated in a hurry. That is Midori Ito who came back to an official competition after an interval of 15years in this year. She excited the audience with nailing etc the double Axel jump.
    01:07
    Then, there was such a performance, too, in the finale.
    To Takahiko Kozuka who appeared with the theme music of Rocky, Kanako Murakami gave a punch.
    01:18
    Moreover, Miki Ando, too, gave punch to him and knocked him out.
    01:27
    The leading skaters were livening up the ice show to the last.
    01:27
    Oh! Midori!
    I was glad because, for the fan of Nagoya city, we would like to continue to watch Midori's skating as long as we can do.
    01:40
    She does not change, doesn't she?.
    01:42
    She became 42 years old very recently.
    She used to have been supporting the figure skating of Japan alone.
    As for the figure skating in Japan, I think that there is today of Japan because she existed.
    02:00
    I remember that I was surprised to her once.
    In a competition, she jumped out the rink from the camera pit on the way to her performance, then returned in the rink and continued her performance again as if there was nothing.

vCash
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TZp5WNokMNw

Takahiko Kozuka: new EX “Cello Song” in 2011/2012 season

Knako Murakami: SP “Frente A Frente” and “Nectar Framenco” in 2009/2010 season

Miki Ando: SP ”missin” in 2010/2011 season
    Last edited by Akira Andrea; 08-16-2011 at 06:58 AM.

vCash
    This show was Atsushi Ohshima's last performance as a professional skater.

Atsushi is an exceptional entertainer and he has been leading the prince ice world team for a long time. He was also a principal skater in Holiday On Ice in Europe, and in Disney On Ice in US.

I will miss him a lot whenever I go to the Prince show again, and I wish him the best.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Akira Andrea View Post
    Miki Ando: “As for her future…?”
    August 15th, 2011 JST

00:00
    Miki Ando participated to an ice show in her hometown.
    She has already made clear that she does not participate to Grand Prix series in this season. She told about her future only a few, too.
    00:17
    Miki Ando: “I could get the opportunity which I skate in Okazaki city which is very near Nagoya city although this place is not Nagoya city where I live in”. “I think that this time is very good opportunity to be able to skate in front of everybody”.
    00:31
    Miki Ando who won the championship in the Worlds in April showed her performance in her hometown after an interval of 7 months.
    00:39
    In August 14th, the ice show “Prince Ice World” in high summer was held in Okazaki city in Aichi prefecture.
    In this ice show which is proud of the history of 34 years which is oldest ice show in Japan, the team which has Junko Yaginuma as a leader showed the attraction and the performance which can not watch usually..
    01:00
    Then, as the guest, the Worlds silver medalist Takahiko Kozuka,
    (new EX “Cello Song” in 2011/2012 season)
    01:17
    Kanako Murakami etc
    (SP “Frente A Frente” and “Nectar Framenco” in 2009/2010 season)
    01:34
    The leading skaters who are from this hometown participated.
    01:39
    And Miki Ando who had already made clear that she does not participate to Grand Prix series in this season participated.
    The program which she selected was the short program "Mission" which she showed in the last Worlds and which is fresh in our memory yet.
    02:16
    “At the time of the Worlds, I skated for Japan while thinking sincerely of Japan where was being suffered under the big earthquake disaster”. “After the event, I received the letter and the comment from very various persons and found that everybody had same feelings in common with me”. “I think that it may be good if everybody can remember the feelings of that time”.
    02:38
    To the dance of a Worlds champion, greatest shout of joy in this day arose from the audience.
    02:48
    Ando was smiling from beginning to end.
    As for her future which is on our mind...
    02:53
    Miki Ando: “I think that this season is the time to think about my future without participating in the competitions”. “I think that I would like to decide as for my future by the end of this year while talking it out with everybody whether I should continue the eligible skater or whether I should select the other way”.
    03:15
    Will Ando, who says that it is pleasant to participate to the ice-show now, show for us the dance of a Worlds champion again from now on?

vCash
    it sounds not so clear, that she stays around till sotchi. let´s hope it´s just a little exhaustion and she will comeback gorgeous like this season

vCash
    Thank you very much for the videos. It is such a joy to watch Midori Ito skate, she seems to be so happy to be on the ice.

vCash