Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

vCash

What is Anton Sikharulidze doing these days?

My favorite pairs skater Anton Sikharulidze seems to have disappeared. What is he doing these days? Last year there were rumors of him trying for a high position in the Russian federation, but he withdrew. Does he have some kind of position in his fed? Is he still skating? (not with Elena, obviously)

vCash
    I believe he is part of the Russian Duma but that is not unusual in Russia.
    “Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none.” William Shakespeare

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Buzz View Post
    I believe he is part of the Russian Duma but that is not unusual in Russia.
    Forgive my ignorance, but what's the Duma?
    I'm assuming some kind of government department?

vCash
    I think he has been in politics for several years, working with sports development or something like that. He aimed russian fed presidency but withdrew after knowing the president would not have effective command. I heard somewhere he is going to marry but I don't know anything about the girl.

Some famous athletes became Duma deputies, including gymnasts Svetlana Khorkina and Alina Kabaeva.

vCash
    Daria, thank you for the information.

Crashing Nancy Kerrigan's float in the Disney Parade
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Vash01 View Post
    Is he still skating? (not with Elena, obviously)
    IIRC he actually did skate with Berezhnaya at a few events this past year, such as the Chaplin show that Yagudin headlined. He also took part in the Russian Skating/Dancing with the stars series .

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by aemeraldrainc View Post
    Russian DUMA is kind of an assembly, very formal and serves as a governing body of Russia I guess. My memory of Russian history class is not good

Here goes wiki
    A Duma (Russian: Ду́ма, Russian pronunciation: [ˈdumə]) is any of various representative assemblies in modern Russia and Russian history. The State Duma in the Russian Empire and Russian Federation corresponds to the lower house of the parliament. Simply it is a form of Russian governmental institution, that was formed during the reign of the last Czar, Nicholas II. It is also the term for a council to early Russian rulers ('Boyar Duma'), as well as for city councils in Imperial Russia ('Municipal dumas'), and city and regional legislative bodies in the Russian Federation.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Daria View Post
    I heard somewhere he is going to marry but I don't know anything about the girl.
    Yes, Anton is getting married this October! I found some beautiful photos of Anton and his fiancee in Russian OK magazine (scroll down to see the rest of the photos):
    http://www.ok-magazine.ru/exclusive/item23471.php

There is also a small interview with Anton and the bride-to-be (her name is Jana), which is basically about how they met, how Anton proposed to her, about their future wedding etc.

Crashing Nancy Kerrigan's float in the Disney Parade
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by IneZR View Post
    Yes, Anton is getting married this October! I found some beautiful photos of Anton and his fiancee in Russian OK magazine (scroll down to see the rest of the photos):

There is also a small interview with Anton and the bride-to-be (her name is Jana), which is basically about how they met, how Anton proposed to her, about their future wedding etc.
    What a beautiful looking couple! Congrats to them.

vCash
    oh Anton.....<3<3<3 the most handsome pair skater ever...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by aemeraldrainc View Post
    Duma is the name for the Russian parliament.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Daria View Post
    I think he has been in politics for several years, working with sports development or something like that. He aimed russian fed presidency but withdrew after knowing the president would not have effective command. I heard somewhere he is going to marry but I don't know anything about the girl.

Some famous athletes became Duma deputies, including gymnasts Svetlana Khorkina and Alina Kabaeva.
    When athletes go into the Duma, is the work they do limited to things like sports development, or, do they work on other issues, such as foreign policy or the economy?

vCash
    Congratulations!!!! She is really beautiful. I must confess, it threw me to see him with a brunette instead of a blond.

vCash

Thanks for the pics, though it breaks my heart to see my favorite skater getting married

Congrats and best wishes to them.

vCash
    Thanks for the pics, though it breaks my heart to see my favorite skater getting married

Congrats and best wishes to them.
    You are welcome. Yes, it's a bit sad to realize that Anton is getting married. I used to think that he and Elena B. were such a perfect match and dreamed of them getting married some day. But Elena is now happy with Steven and Anton seems to be really in love with his girl. I wish all the best to them!

vCash
    Congratulations Anton! Beautiful pictures of the engaged couple, thanks for the link!

I had always hoped he and Elena would marry but that was not to be. I loved watching them skate especially at the 2002 Olympics.
    Congrats to my ♥Baroque Rock Princess Adelina♥Meryl&Charlie♥Tatiana&Maxim♥!Team ♥Mirai♥Adam♥Julia♥

vCash
    You are welcome. Yes, it's a bit sad to realize that Anton is getting married. I used to think that he and Elena B. were such a perfect match and dreamed of them getting married some day. !!
    Yes me too But I'm happy that both of them seem to have love in life and have good careers.

Anybody have links to the Chaplin show they skated with Elena? I would love to see a youtube of this!

vCash
    Is he still skating? (not with Elena, obviously)
    Why "obviously"? Please help refresh my memory...tia.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by attyfan View Post
    When athletes go into the Duma, is the work they do limited to things like sports development, or, do they work on other issues, such as foreign policy or the economy?
    For most the job is limited to wearing pretty accessories and voting with the party line. Sikharulidze seems to be one of the very few to actually do anything.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by The Fly On The Wall View Post
    Why "obviously"? Please help refresh my memory...tia.
    Elena was skating in some silly shows (can't remember the names) with unknown skaters who were not high level skaters. Also her having two kids and living in another country would make it difficult for them to skate together. I am surprised that they skated together recently in Yagudin's show.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast