View Poll Results: Will the newbies have the poise as well as the triples to take on the veterans?

Voters
55. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

34 61.82%
  • No

8 14.55%
  • Too early to tell

13 23.64%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jenna View Post
    But isn't that what you were doing by stating that "performances fighting for the bronze this year would bearly have made the top 10 in previous years?" I was responding to you, my dear.
    I was judging that by the quality of skating, not by scores which would have been obvious to anyone else but you. Of course even basic reading comprehension is not one of your fortes (well then again what is really, lol!). Since YOU chose to bring up scores that is far from in the favor of your argument as well though.

I wont even bother with the rest of your drivel.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by judgejudy27 View Post
    I was judging that by the quality of skating, not by scores which would have been obvious to anyone else but you. Of course even basic reading comprehension is not one of your fortes (well then again what is really, lol!). Since YOU chose to bring up scores that is far from in the favor of your argument as well though.

I wont even bother with the rest of your drivel.
    How was I supposed to know that? You should have been more clear. Stop assuming that others can actually accurately comprehend the babble that you consistently write. If you have the gall to attack a college graduate with a B.A. in biology on her basic reading comprehension skills, perhaps you should pay attention to your own oversights in the English language. Even the brief passage above is littered with errors in grammar and punctuation. In the words of Judge Judy herself, "I on my worst day, am far more intelligent than you, on your best day!"

I see you haven't renamed yourself yet. You should get on that.

vCash
    The scary thing is that the two 'Russian Babies' already have the poise & maturity to challenge the Czisnys. Let's not forget that the two "babies" handily beat many older ladies at Russian Nationals...and Russia is the land of artistry/ballet, in which judges understand artistry. The babies were not "gifted" high artistic marks. So they must have the poise and maturity right now.

Speaking of judging artistry at a Russian Nationals...I will be very surprised to see how the judges score the choreography of a Marilyn Monroe-themed FS, as Makarova is planning. If it's done in a "campy" manner, forget it.
    Dick Button Historical Quote of the Month: "Good for you, Lucinda Ruh!"

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Frau Muller View Post
    The scary thing is that the two 'Russian Babies' already have the poise & maturity to challenge the Czisnys. Let's not forget that the two "babies" handily beat many older ladies at Russian Nationals...and Russia is the land of artistry/ballet, in which judges understand artistry. The babies were not "gifted" high artistic marks. So they must have the poise and maturity right now.

Speaking of judging artistry at a Russian Nationals...I will be very surprised to see how the judges score the choreography of a Marilyn Monroe-themed FS, as Makarova is planning. If it's done in a "campy" manner, forget it.
    Very true, but somehow the Russian ladies in singles have not been all that artistic/balletic (Irina Slutskaya, Alena Leonova) yet quite successful in competitions. Makarova is not artistic either. The baby ballerinas though seem to have the jumps and the balletic postures. Only time will tell how many will survive puberty, and how many have the nerves needed to win championships.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Maofan7 View Post
    Interesting article from Alexa Ainsworth in Universal Sports:-

http://www.universalsports.com/news-...id=548283.html

According to Ainsworth, the problem with the forthcoming season in the ladies is that "the newbies with the triple-triple combinations lack the maturity of the veterans - who lack the triple-triple. We are having a difficult time thinking of a skater who has the poise and presence of a senior lady and can throw down an effortless triple Lutz-triple toe." However, I don't think that this is necessarily the case. This view is based on last year's junior performances and Sotnikova's and Tuktamysheva's performances certainly did not lack 'poise'. Moreover, both Sotnikova and Tuktamysheva will be a year older and that extra year will bring additional poise and maturity to their skating. I think therefore that the suggestion that there programs during the coming season will lack poise and maturity is a bit premature.
    I think Ainsworth was referring more to the American ladies than the international ones. IMO Sotnikova and Tuktamysheva have a lot of room to grow, but there is no doubt in my mind that they can and will be competitive with the veterans next season.

As for the Americans, if I was Wagner and Nagasu, I would definitely be looking over my shoulder. How long have we been hearing about 3/3's from both camps and I've yet to see anything materialize. There are a lot of interesting skaters coming up the ranks and they may not be ready to challenge them now, but come 2014 the field looks to be a challenge. Especially if the US continues to retain only 2 spots. JMO

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Vash01 View Post
    Very true, but somehow the Russian ladies in singles have not been all that artistic/balletic (Irina Slutskaya, Alena Leonova) yet quite successful in competitions. Makarova is not artistic either. The baby ballerinas though seem to have the jumps and the balletic postures. Only time will tell how many will survive puberty, and how many have the nerves needed to win championships.
    I don't think Makarova is artistic in the classical, balletic sense. I do think she has great power, competitive fire, expression, and drama as shown in in last year's SP.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12