vCash

Red Dog - new Aussie movie

Tonight I saw a fabulous new Australian movie called Red Dog.

It is a true story about a dog and the impact he had on a mining town in Western Australia in the 70s. The performances are great and the dog is amazing. You will laugh and you will cry.

The best thing about it is unlike most animal movies the dog doesn't do anything special but just be a dog. And using a cliche, it is a quintessential Aussie movie. It could not be anything else or be set anywhere in the location in which it is.

I have heard it will get international distribution so I hope it comes to your part of the world soon. And if you do please go and see it.
    When you are up to your arse in alligators it is difficult to remember you were only meant to be draining the swamp.

Tranquillo
    vCash
    Send me a PM if anything sad happens to the dog. I can't stand movies where bad things happen to animals, I cry too much.
    "The Devil is joining in, and that's never a good sign." Phil Liggett

vCash
    I put it on my watchlist on IMDB (a very useful feature since I keep forgetting film names and then never watch them), you got me hooked on Gotye so I trust your good taste

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by joeperryfan View Post
    I put it on my watchlist on IMDB (a very useful feature since I keep forgetting film names and then never watch them), you got me hooked on Gotye so I trust your good taste
    I am so glad I got you hooked on Gotye. He is fantastic. I can't stop listening to that song.
    When you are up to your arse in alligators it is difficult to remember you were only meant to be draining the swamp.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by joeperryfan View Post
    How do I do that? And what does the list do - i.e. tell you when a movie is released on (the soon to be defunct format of) DVD or on TV?

I would love to see this movie but don't know how. There was another dog movie a few years ago called 'Snow Blind' about a near-blind woman who ran the Ididerad (dog sleigh race) and I was never able to access it.

vCash
    The movie hopefully will be shown in cinemas overseas soon. I understand there is discussions with international distributors. Here is the link for IMDB.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0803061/

And this is a clip of dog's screen test.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Su66nlzKC0

vCash
    If the dog dies, I'm not watching it.

But it looks good and the dog is freaking adorable.

vCash
    Well, based on the book's plot, for people who are wondering if the dog dies,

Spoiler

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Aussie Willy View Post
    I am so glad I got you hooked on Gotye. He is fantastic. I can't stop listening to that song.
    Yup, I'm looking forward to the new album, sounds promising.

Quote Originally Posted by Japanfan View Post
    How do I do that? And what does the list do - i.e. tell you when a movie is released on (the soon to be defunct format of) DVD or on TV?
    I've only started using it recently and it seems they will be adding new features in the future. In the film/tv series page you'll find a button next to the main photo/poster that says "Add to Watchlist", you have to be logged in for it to work of course. The Watchlists don't warn you of releases as far as I know, but for me it works because IMDB is the site I use to look for movie/actor's information and since I keep forgetting the names of films this way I can just click the button and keep the movies I want to watch there for future reference.