Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

Kimmie Meissner's triple-triples video

After a long break I'm coming back with the new video from my ladies' triple-triples series. This time it's Kimmie Meissner.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FyWXthM-fgc

Enjoy, share & comment.

vCash
    Um, those are some mighty fine triple toe-axels. How is a toe-axel judged under IJS? The jump is completed on the landing, but is there a deduction for pre-rotation

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by orbitz View Post
    Um, those are some mighty fine triple toe-axels. How is a toe-axel judged under IJS? The jump is completed on the landing, but is there a deduction for pre-rotation
    I wish someone would do those now for the US.... Last US world champ, the most recent highest finish at world since 2007... Not saying her technique is spot on, but why hate during such a drought?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JeffClair1979 View Post
    I wish someone would do those now for the US....
    What do you mean? You mean you want someone to win for the US now? No skater with a blatant toe-axel is going to win under IJS.

vCash
    She did win under IJS, though...

I think he meant that he wishes someone in the US would do triple-triples.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by michiruwater View Post
    She did win under IJS, though...

I think he meant that he wishes someone in the US would do triple-triples.
    Thank you- I realized I didn't make a very good point. Her technical ambition is something I wish to carry forth with US ladies. I apologize if it came off the wrong way. "I haven't seen that kind of competitive drive since Kimmie" would have been a MUCH better way to phrase my original post. What we're (US) missing right now is that "do or die" mindset. I'd love to see it come back soon.

vCash
    I have to admit, when I saw the thread title, I thought somebody had a NEW Kimmie Meissner's triple-triples video.

vCash
    I do have to say I'm surprised the majority of these were credited..

vCash
    You're missing at least one. I remember during a warm up at TEB (I forgot which year--I think 2006), she did a triple flip-triple loop and it looked really good. It was solid and pretty clean on the rotation. I was like ; she can do that?!?!?!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by smarts1 View Post
    You're missing at least one. I remember during a warm up at TEB (I forgot which year--I think 2006), she did a triple flip-triple loop and it looked really good. It was solid and pretty clean on the rotation. I was like ; she can do that?!?!?!
    Unfortunately it's impossible to find all the videos with warm-ups. I would really like to have Worlds 2001 Ladies' FS Warm-up with Michelle and Irina throwing 3S+3L etc. Usually skaters warm-up their triple-triples always if they're going to do them in their program.
    Last edited by bartek; 08-11-2011 at 04:37 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jenna View Post
    I do have to say I'm surprised the majority of these were credited..

ITA

But, how's Kimmie doing lately? I saw a clip of her skating in a club gala but I've got no idea how recent that was.

Is she never coming back? Aside her not-so-easy-to-praise worthy of jump techniques, I do miss her aspiring spirit when she was on the ice..

“It is far more important to have a good judge than a possible conflict of interest." - Ottavio Cinquanta
    vCash
    Wow, almost every one was UR! Her best combo in this video is probably 2007 4CC's and WC. All the others looked barely eeked out.

vCash
    She did a 3lutz-3toe combination (not 3F-3T), right?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jenny81 View Post
    She did a 3lutz-3toe combination (not 3F-3T), right?
    She did both.

For all of the problems with Kimmie's toe-axel, she actually had a nice "real" axel

vCash
    I always had mixed feelings when it came to Kimmie. On one hand, she always seemed like such a sweet, kind hearted person and for that I loved her. She was very competitive and gutsy and I loved that too...

OTOH, I couldn't stand her skating! Her airplane arms were terrible, her jumps rarely looked like they should be credited. She was a mediocre skater at best...but her personality is what won me over and made me cheer for her. I was ecstatic when she won worlds in 2006 because she went out there, fought for it and kicked everyone's ass.

vCash
    I liked Kimmie. She wasn't tiffed, but she was a cute jumping bean, and a sweetie to boot. I was hoping she'd undergo a Kwan-like transformation, but instead puberty derailed her. Oh well, she can always call herself a World, National, 4CC and Skate America champion - nothing to shake a stick at!
    "Marge, if you're going to get mad at me every time I do something stupid, then I guess I'm just going to have to stop doing stupid things!" - Homer Simpson in the Mr. Plow episode

Top Secret FSU Witness Protection Location
    vCash
    Her 3/3's are not pretty at all. She had shaky edges on her jump landings and the toe axels make me want to wretch. I always liked her though and she was a great competitor during her peak.
    -Brian
    "Michelle would never be caught with sausage grease staining her Vera Wang." - rfisher

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kwanatic View Post
    I always had mixed feelings when it came to Kimmie. On one hand, she always seemed like such a sweet, kind hearted person and for that I loved her. She was very competitive and gutsy and I loved that too...

OTOH, I couldn't stand her skating! Her airplane arms were terrible, her jumps rarely looked like they should be credited. She was a mediocre skater at best...but her personality is what won me over and made me cheer for her. I was ecstatic when she won worlds in 2006 because she went out there, fought for it and kicked everyone's ass.
    ITA!

vCash
    I was shocked when she won worlds. I mean, I was not shocked at her placement but just overall-the whole competition was shocking LOL. Never in my mind did I think Sasha would get anything but gold let alone Kimmie be on the podium. I thought she was a dark horse for bronze at best

Comansnala?
    vCash

Kimmie Meissner's triple-triples video

Soooo whaaaat????

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast