Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 71
  1. #41

    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Age
    34
    Posts
    12,717
    vCash
    2634
    Rep Power
    30447
    Quote Originally Posted by skatesindreams View Post
    I agree with the blogger's assessments.
    I agree with the top 3, but not the rest. I don't see Gordanna being out all of Mila, Kara, Sweet P, and April.

    I do fear that Michael Costello will be around for a long time based on the I'm hoping though, that he watched the show, realized how he acted and tones it down this time around.
    Logic is in the eye of the logician --Gloria Steinem

  2. #42
    Beach Bum
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Maryland burbs and shore
    Posts
    12,988
    vCash
    583
    Rep Power
    5666
    When does it start?
    I think I will have a snack and take a nap before I eat and go to sleep.

  3. #43
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Richland Center, Wisconsin
    Posts
    31
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    What was wrong with the way Michael C. acted on the show? He was treated like shit by the other designers who accused him of cheating and not deserving of any of his challenge wins. How is he suddenly the bad guy in all this?

  4. #44
    Corgi Wrangler
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Not Wearing Enough Sparkles
    Posts
    6,345
    vCash
    510
    Rep Power
    2366
    Quote Originally Posted by cmkrcwi View Post
    What was wrong with the way Michael C. acted on the show? He was treated like shit by the other designers who accused him of cheating and not deserving of any of his challenge wins. How is he suddenly the bad guy in all this?
    That was my thought, too. Some people, IIRC from that season's thread, found him fake. But really, he got treated worse by his fellow competitors than anyone--even though the other designers disliked Wendy, they never lead some organized effort to throw Wendy under the bus during judging like Wretchen lead the gang-up on Michael C. (With Ivy right there as her Mean-Girls toady. Especially ironic as Michael C. could sew circles around Ivy.) Unless there was something in the season I mostly didn't watch, I don't think there was ever a case where everyone ganged up on one other person. His designs weren't the be-all end-all or anything, but considering the "winner" did stuff that crawled out of a Sears catalog circa 1974, it's not like he stuck out there.

  5. #45

    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Skating in a Canadian beautiful way
    Age
    35
    Posts
    3,701
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    6255
    Quote Originally Posted by cmkrcwi View Post
    What was wrong with the way Michael C. acted on the show? He was treated like shit by the other designers who accused him of cheating and not deserving of any of his challenge wins. How is he suddenly the bad guy in all this?
    I agree. He was treated horribly by the other designers and it seemed undeserved.

  6. #46
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    California
    Posts
    11,774
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    re: Costello. Take a second look at who's making the comments here (and elsewhere) about this guy. It's the female fans who are enamored to him, or at least defending him, and find him sympathetic. Meanwhile, we gay men (Project Rungay guys excepted) don't buy his broadly applied victim act. We were onto his schtick by the fourth episode ... some, including many here, are still . Blech.

    We men have been around dime-a-dozen, phoney, subversive, shit-stirring queens for a long time, and know when one is upon us. I have little patience for them. Palm Springs (MC's home town) is full of these guys, though MC should perhaps be commended for picking up those qualities much earlier in life than the typical PS gay. The confirmation that he had intended to create a sneaky "character" to become a Boston Rob type reality show star didn't warm our cockles either.

    Re, the Gretchen/Ivy/Andy situation, yeh it's too bad about that -- because without that drama driving the judging decisions, Costello would have been auffed when he should have -- early -- versus winning two challenges and finishing 4th. That he got so far in the competition was a groaner.

  7. #47

    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Age
    34
    Posts
    12,717
    vCash
    2634
    Rep Power
    30447
    Quote Originally Posted by Beefcake View Post
    re: Costello. Take a second look at who's making the comments here (and elsewhere) about this guy. It's the female fans who are enamored to him, or at least defending him, and find him sympathetic. Meanwhile, we gay men (Project Rungay guys excepted) don't buy his broadly applied victim act. We were onto his schtick by the fourth episode ... some, including many here, are still . Blech.

    We men have been around dime-a-dozen, phoney, subversive, shit-stirring queens for a long time, and know when one is upon us. That he got so far in the competition was a groaner.
    I agree with everything you said. I was very surprised to see Costello defended on here. Although, a couple of my cousins said they really liked a lot of his dresses, which I found crazy odd, but then I thought about it and many of them looked like dresses you could buy at Belk or Dillards to wear to a formal.

    I also had someone tell me that they couldn't believe I was so harsh on him because he was a closeted gay in an arranged marriage. Maybe I should feel sympathetic toward him, but I don't.

    Now, I do think that Gretchen/Ivy were unnecessarily harsh on him, but I still just can stomach all of his

    I can't wait for Kenley to rip him a new one in a group challenge.
    Logic is in the eye of the logician --Gloria Steinem

  8. #48

    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    On a magic planet with Meryl and Charlie
    Posts
    6,943
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    16878
    Mondo FTW!!!

  9. #49

    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Age
    34
    Posts
    12,717
    vCash
    2634
    Rep Power
    30447
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparks View Post
    Mondo FTW!!!
    I'm really wondering how Mizrahi is going to respond to Mondo's work.
    Logic is in the eye of the logician --Gloria Steinem

  10. #50
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    We are...Penn State
    Posts
    403
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    I can't wait to hear/see Issac Mizrahi judge on PRA. Most of the clothes that he sells on QVC are overpriced and fairly ugly.

    Carol

  11. #51
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Richland Center, Wisconsin
    Posts
    31
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Ivy has said that the reason he got so much grief from other designers was that he was a jerk to them off camera and was completely different from how he appeared on-camera. Well, I get that but why accuse the guy of cheating. Go after him for being fake all you want but unless you have pretty strong evidence of cheating, don't accuse anyone.

  12. #52
    snarking for AZE
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    vera ellen's turtleneck museum
    Posts
    29,837
    vCash
    2068
    Rep Power
    22589
    how often are they off camera?
    I feel like I'm in a dream. But it can't be a dream because there are no boy dancers!

  13. #53

    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Deep in a Dream
    Posts
    7,462
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    8216
    Quote Originally Posted by my little pony View Post
    how often are they off camera?
    Good question, but of the 8-12 hours they're given to make something, we only see a tiny fraction. And almost nothing of the time they spend at the Atlas.
    My job requires me to be a juggler, but that does not mean that I enjoy working with clowns.

  14. #54

    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Age
    34
    Posts
    12,717
    vCash
    2634
    Rep Power
    30447
    Quote Originally Posted by Nomad View Post
    Good question, but of the 8-12 hours they're given to make something, we only see a tiny fraction. And almost nothing of the time they spend at the Atlas.
    I don't know how accurate it is, but I kept hearing that Michael was a complete asshat whenever cameras weren't rolling and then turned into Marty the Martyr as soon as a camera was around.
    Logic is in the eye of the logician --Gloria Steinem

  15. #55
    snarking for AZE
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    vera ellen's turtleneck museum
    Posts
    29,837
    vCash
    2068
    Rep Power
    22589
    but even though you dont sew most of the film, arent they filmed in the work room the entire time? plus there is some footage from the apartment. ivy or whoever might have issues with the editing but i think most everything other than sleeping is filmed.
    I feel like I'm in a dream. But it can't be a dream because there are no boy dancers!

  16. #56

    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Deep in a Dream
    Posts
    7,462
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    8216
    Quote Originally Posted by Allen View Post
    I don't know how accurate it is, but I kept hearing that Michael was a complete asshat whenever cameras weren't rolling and then turned into Marty the Martyr as soon as a camera was around.
    I think Peach said something along those lines in a post show interview.
    My job requires me to be a juggler, but that does not mean that I enjoy working with clowns.

  17. #57
    Briber of judges
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    near St Louis
    Posts
    15,859
    vCash
    2574
    Rep Power
    14817
    Rami?!?!?!?
    I meant to take the high road.... but I missed the exit.

  18. #58

    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Age
    34
    Posts
    12,717
    vCash
    2634
    Rep Power
    30447
    Quote Originally Posted by Nomad View Post
    I think Peach said something along those lines in a post show interview.
    I couldn't remember where I heard that, but I think it was Peach now that I think about it.
    Logic is in the eye of the logician --Gloria Steinem

  19. #59
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    An American Circumstance
    Posts
    4,650
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by cmkrcwi View Post
    Ivy has said that the reason he got so much grief from other designers was that he was a jerk to them off camera and was completely different from how he appeared on-camera. Well, I get that but why accuse the guy of cheating. Go after him for being fake all you want but unless you have pretty strong evidence of cheating, don't accuse anyone.
    Of course that's very convenient for Ivy to say, since she comes off as the total bitch she is.

    I didn't really care for Michael C., I thought he was a drama queen, but that doesn't excuse Ivy's behavior at all. After she went after his kid, I had enough of her. Editing didn't choose her words, she did.

  20. #60

    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Age
    34
    Posts
    12,717
    vCash
    2634
    Rep Power
    30447
    That hair is very Picnic at Hanging Rock to me, but not in a good way.
    Logic is in the eye of the logician --Gloria Steinem

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •