View Poll Results: Which 4 ladies should get next 2 JGP events?

Voters
95. You may not vote on this poll
  • Hannah Miller

29 30.53%
  • Barbie Long

10 10.53%
  • Mckinzie Daniels

2 2.11%
  • Nina Jiang

28 29.47%
  • Polina Edmunds

7 7.37%
  • Leah Keiser

72 75.79%
  • Gracie Gold

65 68.42%
  • Samantha Cesario

59 62.11%
  • Angela Wang

12 12.63%
  • Ashley Cain

2 2.11%
  • Lauren Dinh

12 12.63%
  • Kiri Baga

22 23.16%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

vCash

US JGP Ladies Poll

Because everything USFS and ISU does is determined by FSU poll, its about time for this one. With Siraj, Lam, Hicks, and Kulgeyko assigned to the first 2 events, which 4 ladies should USFS give the next 4 slots to (likely the last 2 events where they'd have time to get assigned to a second event if they do well)....
    Last edited by haribobo; 08-08-2011 at 05:39 PM.

vCash
    I chose Miller, Keiser, Gold, and Cesario.

vCash
    I totally agree with those choices.
    Adelina Sotnikova is the 2014 Olympic champion!

vCash
    I want to see Cesario on the Senior Grand Prix!!!

vCash
    Of course Keiser and Gold. Also I wanna see there Jiang and Miller. Nina showed so much improvement this summer!
    And if a novice bronze medalist recieved a JGP, why should a novice champion stay at home?

vCash
    it is hard for me to decide.
    4 i would put--leah, gracie, samatha, nina,, polina edmunds-, angela wang from what i saw on the videos .
    for me all the u.s. girls are improving and jumping higher-so it is a hard call.
    i don't envy the u.s. figure skating figuring out which girls should go into the junior grand prix.
    my first gut is leah, gracie,samatha, angela

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Eris View Post
    Of course Keiser and Gold. Also I wanna see there Jiang and Miller. Nina showed so much improvement this summer!
    And if a novice bronze medalist recieved a JGP, why should a novice champion stay at home?
    What? If you mean Kulgeyko, she is the current junior bronze medalist. The novice bronze medalist is Mariah Bell and she hasn't gotten an assignment.

vCash
    Samantha, Gracie and Leah would be my sure choices. They all seem secure on jumps which include 3-3s, and their skating skills were quite impressive.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by haribobo View Post
    What? If you mean Kulgeyko, she is the current junior bronze medalist. The novice bronze medalist is Mariah Bell and she hasn't gotten an assignment.
    Oops, sorry, I confused the seasons. Katarina was 3rd last year at a novice level, right?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Eris View Post
    Oops, sorry, I confused the seasons. Katarina was 3rd last year at a novice level, right?
    Yes. She was third on novice in 2010, behind Leah Keiser and Ashley Cain.

vCash
    I say Gold, Keiser, Jiang, and Edmunds. I know Dinh is probably garaunteed an assignment because of nationals but she hasn't been skating well this summer, which makes it a tough call. As for Kiri and Ashley, I'd like to see them compete in and do well at a summer competition before being assigned. Also isn't pairs Ashley's main focus?

vCash
    Gold, Keiser, Cesario, Miller.

vCash
    I voted Gold, Keiser, Edmunds, and Long although I guess it would be strange for Long to get one before Miller.
    What is up with Mckinzie Daniels though? Was she injured after nationals? Her Glacier Falls skates were pretty much a disaster. I can't imagine her being sent to a jgp right now the way she is skating.

vCash
    Brace yourselves, because it's more likely to be Dinh, Cesario, Daniels, and Cain, based on the current list of alternates being sent to the ISU.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MoreIce View Post
    I voted Gold, Keiser, Edmunds, and Long although I guess it would be strange for Long to get one before Miller.
    What is up with Mckinzie Daniels though? Was she injured after nationals? Her Glacier Falls skates were pretty much a disaster. I can't imagine her being sent to a jgp right now the way she is skating.
    I think she was injured, and Lauren Dinh too, who was equally disasterous at Liberty. But they are healed now, although their skating doesn't seem to suggest it. I tend to think they are both going to get assingments though...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by her grace View Post
    Brace yourselves, because it's more likely to be Dinh, Cesario, Daniels, and Cain, based on the current list of alternates being sent to the ISU.
    Shameless brag: The next four ladies assigned were Dinh and Cesario to JGP Poland, Daniels to JGP Romania and Cain replacing Kulgeyko at JGP Latvia.

Despite the talk of every member of the ISP having an equal shot, USFS is still giving its precious JGP slots out strictly based on nationals results. Hence, it looks like Edmunds and Miller are next in line before any of the summer wonders like Keiser, Gold, and Jiang. If USFS isn't going to give JGPs to these girls, the least they could do would be to send the ones who are old enough to a Senior B. Let them have some international experience!

vCash
    I agree it's a shame. I don't know who is in charge of making these selections. We cannot ignore the fact that Gold and Keiser are consistently above 50 in the short and above 100 in the free. To not assign them when they both have a great chance of making the final if they skated like they have all summer is a serious oversight

vCash
    Seven ladies have so far been assigned (Siraj already assigned twice) and the ones who don't medal won't get another assignment, so there are potentially up to 6 slots still open. I would think that Lam, Hicks and Cesario seem pretty likely, but no one is a shoe-in. Even considering Edmunds, Miller and Wang, it's possible that Gold and Keiser could still be added to the sub list and given a later event. I would admit it's unlikely.

Top Secret FSU Witness Protection Location
    vCash
    It sounds like people in the USFS don't want to have to do any actual thinking, explaining or work at all. They would prefer to just go by Nationals results so that when a situation such as this arises they can simply pull out a printed results list and their highlighter and see who is next in line. It is pathetic and sad and I feel bad for the skaters who have done everything and then some to prove themselves worthy but will have to wait an entire year now.
    -Brian
    "Michelle would never be caught with sausage grease staining her Vera Wang." - rfisher

vCash
    What might happen is they'll assign one (or both) of them to the last event. Vanessa Lam was assigned to the 7th and final event last year. She shocked every by winning it (beating Shoji, Shelepen, and Li no less), and she didn't have a chance to skate again so no final for her. Hopefully she will make it this year.

Lauren Dinh skated very well at Nationals. She skated terribly at Liberty. Let's just hope the "Spokane" Lauren shows up in Poland.

McKinzie Daniels skated average at Nationals, and Glacier Falls was just an absolute nightmare. She's usually pretty consistent, so we'll see what happens in Romania.

Ashley Cain beat Daniels in the free skate at Nationals, and definitely has the most poise and grace of the three. She's a very high quality skater, I just hope the jumps come through. She is capable of a 3Lz. If she jumps well, I think she could shock everyone and grab a medal. Her PCS will be quite high, I think.

Still, none of the above three are as strong as Leah and Gracie right now.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast