Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast

vCash

TBA Spots at Skate America

Okay who thinks whom will get the TBA spots in Dance, and other discipline? Any guesses?
    softball

vCash
    The skaters who earn them throughout the summer competitions...

vCash
    ^Correct, but I think those with the edge right now are -

Men - Perhaps Messing will get this Sr. opportunity if he performs really well this Summer, but Mahbanoozadeh will probably get it.

Ladies - Bulanhagui. Because I think Siraj is on the JGP(?), Gilles is basically starting over from the bottom, and Forte seems off the radar. Plus, I think the top 6 US ladies all have 2 spots on the SGP this season anyway.

Pairs - Denney/Coughlin: I think the TBD here is based on the USFSA waiting and seeing if they can qualify at a prior competition. Otherwise, Castelli/Shnapir would get a 2d GP assignment. I'm not sure Donlan/Speroff would get it.

Ice Dance - I think TBDs are based on Chock/Bates qualifying w/ a minimum score, and Kriegenkrarut/Giuletti-Schmitt getting a 2d GP assignment

vCash
    I'll be seriously annoyed if Gilles gets any international assignment this fall. She needs to show that she's regained her head for competition before they send her out again.

I'd be surprised if Denney/Coughlin don't achieve the minimum score in time, and then they're the logical ones to slot it. Castelli/Shnapir are such weak SBS jumpers, though I love her presentation skills.

vCash
    D/C were monitored at Broadmoor Open so I anticipate they will be getting something....

...an acquired taste
    vCash
    Michelle Kwan.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by barbk View Post
    ...Castelli/Shnapir are such weak SBS jumpers, though I love her presentation skills.
    I think Castelli/Brubaker would be a hot team. She's only around 5-0 [I think]

Recovering from the Olys
    vCash
    In dance, besides Kriengkrairut/Giulietti-Schmitt [S5] and Charlotte Lichtman/Dean Copely [J1, JW3] both of whom already have 1 GP, Isabella Cannuscio/Ian Lorello [S6] and Anastasia Cannuscio/Colin McManus [J3] could be considered as both of these teams were eligible to be selected initially for a Senior GP but did not receive one.

Shannon Wingle/Timothy McKernan [S7] (have not competed internationally together yet), Madison Hubbell/Zachary Donohue (new), and any other new teams who are placed in USFS' International Selection Pool (ISP) would have to be monitored before being assigned to compete at Nebelhorn Trophy or Finlandia Trophy to achieve the minimum GP score before Skate America.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by barbk View Post
    I'll be seriously annoyed if Gilles gets any international assignment this fall. She needs to show that she's regained her head for competition before they send her out again.
    I agree with this, but that said...I think she may be the frontrunner for that last TBA ladies spot at SA.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RD View Post
    I agree with this, but that said...I think she may be the frontrunner for that last TBA ladies spot at SA.
    Agreed, especially since they were willing to give the other spot to Zhang this far in advance, who honestly didn't skate much better than Gilles all last season. I think the ladies spot will go to Cesario, Gong, or Baga (if it's not Gilles) - they all could do JGP again but Samantha and Kristeine are getting old for it and Kiri may not want to do a 3rd season on the JGP.

vCash
    i really hope kristiene gong gets the last spot, plus it's not that far for her.

rooting for armin for the men's spot

Quadless
    vCash
    I hope that the USFSA will give first priority to skaters who were eligible to receive an assignment but did not.
    "I miss footwork that has any kind of a discernible pattern. The goal of a step sequence should not be for a skater to show the same ice coverage as a Zamboni and take about as much time as an ice resurface. " ~ Zemgirl, reflecting on a pre-IJS straight line sequence

vCash
    Men: Armin
    Ladies: I think it'll be Joelle Forte or Mel B
    Pairs: I really want it to be D/L or D/S
    Dance: In my dream world, L/C and K/G-S

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by victoriaheidi View Post
    Men: Armin
    Ladies: I think it'll be Joelle Forte or Mel B
    Pairs: I really want it to be D/L or D/S
    Dance: In my dream world, L/C and K/G-S
    Who are D/L in pairs?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shan View Post
    Who are D/L in pairs?
    D/L almost certainly refers to Lindsay Davis/Themistocles Leftheris, who finished in seventh place in their debut at nationals and who, of course, have yet to compete internationally. I happen to agree. I think they would be a good choice for the last Skate America spot.

Recovering from the Olys
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sayana_mnk View Post
    D/L almost certainly refers to Lindsay Davis/Themistocles Leftheris, who finished in seventh place in their debut at nationals and who, of course, have yet to compete internationally.
    Davis/Leftheris' international debut was at last fall's Ice Challenge in Graz, Austria, where they placed 4th (to Vise/Baldwin's 2nd).

vCash
    I wish Bulanghui got that SA spot instead of Zhang.

Yes, Zhang placed higher at Nationals but she's clearly on a downward slope and has had many chances already.

Time to give somebody else an opportunity.

Recovering from the Olys
    vCash
    Actually, Bulanhagui placed 10th to Zhang's 12th at Nationals. I think Melissa still has a chance for the last TBA, along with Joelle Forte (9th).

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sylvia View Post
    Actually, Bulanhagui placed 10th to Zhang's 12th at Nationals. I think Melissa still has a chance for the last TBA, along with Joelle Forte (9th).
    Oh, silly me! Thanks for that correction.

In that case, I really cannot understand why Bulanghui or Forte weren't selected ahead of Zhang.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ziggy View Post
    Oh, silly me! Thanks for that correction.

In that case, I really cannot understand why Bulanghui or Forte weren't selected ahead of Zhang.
    Maybe reputation (from 4 years ago). Considering Zhang has had the most unfortunate and unlikely "growth spurt" in skating, I don't mind her getting getting a (last) chance.

Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast