Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
Results 61 to 80 of 109
  1. #61
    Left in the Kiss-n-Cry
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    near St Louis
    Posts
    16,052
    vCash
    24000
    Rep Power
    37422
    Quote Originally Posted by kwanette View Post
    I hope that when MK is inducted, she is inducted ALONE.
    I don't think this is likely, and personally I don't think someone like Michelle would mind sharing the spotlight.
    I meant to take the high road.... but I missed the exit.

  2. #62

    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    सिर्फ उत्तर खट्टे देश की.
    Age
    33
    Posts
    23,068
    vCash
    80943
    Rep Power
    89365
    Quote Originally Posted by peibeck View Post
    I don't think this is likely, and personally I don't think someone like Michelle would mind sharing the spotlight.
    I agree with this and second Sparks' prediction that Kwan and Galindo will be inducted next year in San Jose.
    I can call the moon a pear, but it doesn't make it so. -- kwanfan1818

  3. #63
    Fetalized since 1998
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Waving my Adam banner
    Posts
    2,586
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    33733
    Quote Originally Posted by peibeck View Post
    I don't think this is likely, and personally I don't think someone like Michelle would mind sharing the spotlight.
    Tara was inducted alone. Was Sarah?

    I was actually thinking of the other folks who might be inducted with her. Certainly, MK would not mind sharing the spotlight.

  4. #64

    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Age
    53
    Posts
    10,451
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    20970
    FYI, here are the lists 1976 through 2011:
    http://www.worldskatingmuseum.org/ushof.htm

  5. #65
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Somewhere, beyond the sea...
    Posts
    1,863
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by antmanb View Post
    Who cares about some crumby hall of fame, when will the Kween be declared Empress of the Universe?
    Quote Originally Posted by skatesindreams View Post
    Most of us aren't looking for that.
    We just want her contributions to be properly and appropriately acknowledged.
    Speak for yourself, skatesindreams!

    I'm voting Kwan for President of the World next election!

  6. #66
    Left in the Kiss-n-Cry
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    near St Louis
    Posts
    16,052
    vCash
    24000
    Rep Power
    37422
    Quote Originally Posted by kwanette View Post
    Tara was inducted alone.
    Because everyone else was still scared of her dolphin scream.

    Was Sarah?
    Nope.
    I meant to take the high road.... but I missed the exit.

  7. #67

    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Posts
    7,153
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    43916
    Quote Originally Posted by peibeck View Post
    Because everyone else was still scared of her dolphin scream.
    Ummm, the dolphins called and said they resent the compairson.

  8. #68
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    4,335
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by antmanb View Post
    Who cares about some crumby hall of fame, when will the Kween be declared Empress of the Universe?
    Kween doesn't have to be declared ... she just IS

    by the strength of her character, the magic of her presence, amazing accomplishments, work ethic, dedication, courage, grace ...

    MK already has so many honors and awards, not because of the specific colors or quantities of her medals, or lack of one specific medal, but simply because of who she is as a person and what she has wrought ... dreaming and working hard, getting back up after falling down, lifting us up, inspiring us to hope, believe, dream...

    Probably one of Kwan's lesser known honors... she's one of the Godmothers of the Oasis of the Seas (Royal Caribbean cruise line ship).


    Thanks to those who pointed out Todd Eldredge's numerous accomplishments in figure skating. He's a great person too, a true gentleman.

  9. #69
    Wandering Goy
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Richmond, VA
    Age
    58
    Posts
    4,969
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    4929
    Quote Originally Posted by aftershocks View Post
    Probably one of Kwan's lesser known honors... she's one of the Godmothers of the Oasis of the Seas (Royal Caribbean cruise line ship).

    Michelle has a keepership - for a ship?
    "Skating fans are not a patient bunch." Dragonlady

  10. #70
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    672
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    it was an oversite for dorothy--
    i think the usfsa wants to delay michelles for (1) the more they delay her getting in the more people would forget her so hopefully they don't put in her due the fact . of her not winning ogm, her staying in when they didn't want her in. they hinted at her getting out in 1998.
    2) the boards are stating she didn't do triple/triples when she did. also usfa would prefer to keep other skaters like b/a, evan, sasha ahead of her due to them supposedly doing so much more.
    3) she didn't turn pro to help pro skating when they wanted
    4) also code words for hating chineses like at worlds when slap in face to japan by holding in china-please how could holding it another country like china and twawain been a slap in the face. unless they meant political. which means okay to cheat, underhanded, against chinese skaters, chinese americans.
    5) people ripping zhang despite the fact they didn't cheat for her-overlook her marks.
    6) skaters /certain fanbases tired of michelles name in everything-want her kept out this way -longer kept out. longer stayed out.
    like dorothy had to wait till 1991-but they kept her in mind. michelle they will want to keep out.
    7) how by nitpicking stating she has to do this/that-despite rules saying different.
    if it was sarah, tara they would have put her in 2010.
    8) they don't think michelle did enought for them (usfsa) but caused trouble when in fact they did.
    9) the so called Michelle Kwan trophy-if the wanted her -they would drop the Readers Digest trophy and put her name on it alone. I mean they changed recently a name of a trophy and put that person on it. so far 2004-it been know as Skating Readers Award or whatever not MIchelle kwan trophy-it is an afterthought.
    the only reason they put michelle name on the trophy was because they didn't want her to win it anymore. not because they thought she deserved a name on the trophy just didn't want her to win. they had other skaters they wanted to rigg the name on the trophy.

    all of the above is my opinion -i don't know if it is true/will happen, but i suspect the longer she is out the more they can keep her out.
    like stating has to retire-but last skate
    like stating in 2011-no skater was eligible when in fact michelle was.-which states something right there about them wanting her in. so michelle is overdue-

  11. #71

    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    I Want to Go to There
    Posts
    9,802
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    36444
    I'm sorry, but you need to stop perpetuating these racist myths. As an Asian-American, I think what your post can be seen as a mockery towards actual discrimination, and you are not doing yourself or any of your perceived victims any favors by spouting suppositions and assumptions without any solid evidence to back your claims up. They look desperate. They especially don't work when you try to apply them to Michelle Kwan who has no shortage of accolades and praise from the USFS.
    "Corporation, n. An ingenious device for obtaining individual profit without individual responsibility." - Ambrose Bierce

  12. #72
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    Celebrating Jeremy Abbott's FS at 2014 Worlds...
    Posts
    21,222
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by query5 View Post
    *snipped to remove the pile of bigoted, bloviating bullshit*


    No matter how much you try, your attempts to paint the USFS with a racist brush not only fail, they paint YOU as the person with issues about race, not the other way around.

  13. #73
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    4,763
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Some people are not hoping she becomes a member of the Hall. They want her to have her OWN hall.

  14. #74
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    1,332
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by query5 View Post
    *replaced with LOL.. WUT!?*
    Seriously.

    LOL.. WUT!? Go read a book or something.

  15. #75
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    672
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    i am sorry vietgirl--they arent racist myths

    when in fact before worlds it came out in paper the isu -cinquantta did say that.
    it does imply racism--i am sorry but when they stated in those "Coded words" . it implies racism, discrimnation. even at this day and age.
    regarding michelle-yes, when they don't drop the skating magazine readers choice award , and just leave her name on it.
    they have done/said things anti michelle-you may be young/or what not however it has been implied , "coded words" in the past, they can't take them out of newspapers, media or internet. they are there to see, unless media takes it down.
    racism still exist in this day and age, suttle, implied, underhanded , "coded" or not.
    it is whether or not people pay attention to the words, language used, etc.
    people need to be aware it still exist until --it doesn't.
    you may not think it exist or there isn't any, but there is in this sport as well as the other olympic sports but what athletes, head honchos say well meaning / or not thinking ; just joking or not. once out there it stays in one form or another and other people think it is okay to still do it/say it. when it isn't.
    sorry but it exist.

  16. #76
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    672
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    nothing related regarding racism -discrimnation

    but why did gmnast /peter vidmar have to step down from being something important and the usoc have to rename someone.

    i believe it was a comment/ something to do with Gays.

  17. #77
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    333
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    You are taking a Hall of Fame induction and a Reader's Choice trophy WAY too seriously.

  18. #78

    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    I Want to Go to There
    Posts
    9,802
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    36444
    I'm not denying that racism exists in the U.S. I also understand the concept of institutional racism and coded language. If you read any of my past posts on this board, you can find my opinions of issues related to discrimination.

    However, you don't provide any concrete evidence to support any of your claims. You take examples that don't necessarily show what you say, but twist it around in order to give meat to your arguments. Like, the MSNBC headline that stated "American Beats Kwan" which they received flack for and apologized for. However, that has nothing to do with the USFS. Another thing, you said that Cinquanta said he wanted Kwan to retire after Nagano, but I have found no examples of that on google. Plus, even if it was true, it has nothing to do with the way the USFS felt about Kwan after Nagano.

    You keep mentioning "code words" and subtle language, but if you're going to make those claims, you should back them up with actual examples otherwise, don't be surprised if people find your claims to be ridiculous. And if you do, I want to see something from the USFS that uses the language you keep mentioning.

    Also, again, using Michelle Kwan to show off racism by the USFS is quite a difficult feat considering all the promotion Kwan has had by them and accolades they have given her.
    "Corporation, n. An ingenious device for obtaining individual profit without individual responsibility." - Ambrose Bierce

  19. #79

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    9,925
    vCash
    13051
    Rep Power
    45561
    Quote Originally Posted by VIETgrlTerifa View Post
    Plus, even if it was true, it has nothing to do with the way the USFS felt about Kwan after Nagano.
    "We want you gone, Michelle, but here are a few more national titles."

  20. #80

    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    I Want to Go to There
    Posts
    9,802
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    36444
    Quote Originally Posted by jamesy View Post
    "We want you gone, Michelle, but here are a few more national titles."
    Yes, here are some 6.0s on the way! Oh yeah, and let us name you on the 2006 Olympic team despite having a whole season of not competing because we want to get rid of you. (BTW, I agreed with their decision).
    "Corporation, n. An ingenious device for obtaining individual profit without individual responsibility." - Ambrose Bierce

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •