Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
    Fetalized since 1998
    vCash
    ON Face Book, USFSA just opened up the nomination process.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kwanette View Post
    ON Face Book, USFSA just opened up the nomination process.
    Just retweeted the link on twitter myself.

ETA: In regards to moving on, in Tara's case I find it weird that she basically shunned the skating world for so long and then all the sudden jumps in and is like so I'm going to do commentary, and shows, etc. I think there was a FAQ or an article posted on Tara's official website a few years ago, before she decided to become skating relevant again, and it said that she didn't like being asked about her time with SOI or skating. I just found the whole situation odd.

vCash
    I think Tara simply grew up and came to terms with whatever experiences she had with SOI and skating. With that closure she can welcome skating in her life again and not feel negatively about it.

ETA:

I tried officially nominating Michelle Kwan, but the form requires I know all her personal info (home address, phone number, email, etc.). I mean I'm one of her biggest fans, but I shouldn't know that information. I guess the form is there to separate people who are simply fans from those who are actually a part of the USFS.

Anyway, I found a link that had her "public" contact info. Maybe I should just use that. http://www.fanmail.biz/52373.html
    Last edited by VIETgrlTerifa; 09-08-2011 at 06:39 AM.
    "Corporation, n. An ingenious device for obtaining individual profit without individual responsibility." - Ambrose Bierce

vCash
    i put my own address for michelle address and phone number and email.
    i don't expect the usoc expect the fans to know michelles address.
    i thnk you can put your own in for hers as well.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ryanbfan View Post
    Just retweeted the link on twitter myself.

ETA: In regards to moving on, in Tara's case I find it weird that she basically shunned the skating world for so long and then all the sudden jumps in and is like so I'm going to do commentary, and shows, etc. I think there was a FAQ or an article posted on Tara's official website a few years ago, before she decided to become skating relevant again, and it said that she didn't like being asked about her time with SOI or skating. I just found the whole situation odd.
    It's not really that odd. She had no success with acting so she went back to what she could fall back on-skating.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by VIETgrlTerifa View Post
    ... I tried officially nominating Michelle Kwan, but the form requires I know all her personal info (home address, phone number, email, etc.). I mean I'm one of her biggest fans, but I shouldn't know that information. I guess the form is there to separate people who are simply fans from those who are actually a part of the USFS.

Anyway, I found a link that had her "public" contact info. Maybe I should just use that. http://www.fanmail.biz/52373.html
    FWIW, I emailed the USFS about the form, and they changed it so the personal information need not be submitted (and the event dates can be left blank)

vCash
    Some Questions answered regarding the upcoming U.S. Figure Skating Hall of Fame Nominations.

With the 2012 U.S. Figure Skating Hall of Fame nominations open through Oct. 3, 2011 I decided to get some information on the process from the contact listed on the nomination form. What I learned is likely to make many skating fans very happy.

1. The first question I asked was "Does the phrase 'retired from competitive skating' mean a formal public announcement of retirement, or just having not competed in the past five years?" - Anwser: Just having been away from competitive skating for that period of time. (Note: Expect to see this specific wording to be cleared up for future nominating years.)

2. Was Michelle Kwan nominated last season? Answer is Yes but the nominating board ruled that since she had attempted to compete in the 2006 Olympics, her mere stepping on the practice ice was enough to disqualify her nominations received for possible induction in Jan 2011.

3. Has the USFS HOF nominations committee received a nomination for Michelle for possible inclusion on the 2012 ballot? Answer: Yes - several!

4. Is it likely her name will be added to the ballot for selection, vote and induction to the USFS HOF this coming January? Answer: Extremely likely.

5. Has the nomination committee received nominations on behalf of Rudy Galindo? Answer: Not yet, but they are expected. The contact encouraged that he be nominated.

As a result of my conversation I believe that both these great skaters will be added to the ballot, voted on and likely notified as such before the vote as is required and both to be inducted in Jan 2012 in San Jose, CA during the National Championships.
    There is nothing more captivating in this world than a woman's form gracing the ice in skating boots. It's simply sensational!

vCash
    It will be extremely fitting to have both skaters inducted in San Jose.
    "Corporation, n. An ingenious device for obtaining individual profit without individual responsibility." - Ambrose Bierce

vCash
    Which is the real USFSA facebook site? There seems to be several out there, and the ones I'm seeing look pretty dead.

Visalia kid -- thanks for asking the questions and posting the answers. Very helpful.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456