Short Program

Free Skate

Leading Points Scorers After 2 Events

1. Polina Shelepen - RUS - 153.40

2. Courtney Hicks - USA - 151.91

3. Zijun Li - CHN - 148.19

4. Risa Shoji - JPN - 147.49

5. Vanessa Lam - USA - 145.48
    Last edited by Maofan7; 09-10-2011 at 02:44 AM.

vCash
    Thanks. We have an early in the season winner in Vanessa Lam for the fall that is best timed to the music.

Top Secret FSU Witness Protection Location
    vCash
    Wow, Shoji was really robbed, at least in the free. She was miles better on this day, IMO.
    -Brian
    "Michelle would never be caught with sausage grease staining her Vera Wang." - rfisher

vCash
    ^ Ehh, I thought Shoji just skated through the music. There were barely any connecting steps and the flips, the lutz, and the loop were clearly underotated. But considering she did stay on her feet unlike the rest of the ladies, she did well.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by smarts1 View Post
    ^ Ehh, I thought Shoji just skated through the music. There were barely any connecting steps and the flips, the lutz, and the loop were clearly underotated. But considering she did stay on her feet unlike the rest of the ladies, she did well.
    This.
    I guess the hard thing for a lot of people to accept is why God would allow me to go running through their yards, yelling and spinning around.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BigB08822 View Post
    Wow, Shoji was really robbed, at least in the free. She was miles better on this day, IMO.
    I agree.

vCash
    Courtney and Risa are two very different skaters. I think it just comes down to whether you prefer attack, high jumps, fast spins, or a more refined, conservative, mature skater. The judges preferred the former, it seems.

Title-less
    vCash
    I'm surprised Polina K's 3-3 got a >. To my naked eye that's as clean as you can get.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jenna View Post
    Courtney and Risa are two very different skaters. I think it just comes down to whether you prefer attack, high jumps, fast spins, or a more refined, conservative, mature skater. The judges preferred the former, it seems.
    To me the PCS is justified. It's the calling that I am curious about. Many of Hicks' jumps are questionable, or at least more questionable than Shoji's.

Would love to hear what Dick Button has to say about Hick's feet. <- even this icon has prettier feet.

Quote Originally Posted by jlai View Post
    I'm surprised Polina K's 3-3 got a >. To my naked eye that's as clean as you can get.
    I agree. I would have given it to her. So far the callers for the 2 JGPs have been very strict. In general I think it's good to be tough on jump rotations on juniors - but the strictness should be consistent.

vCash
    Well that I disagree with. None of Hicks' jumps looked cheated at all besides the triple loop that was downgraded. Shoji had 5 jumps called < over both programs, and I think those were justified.

vCash
    Well that I disagree with. None of Hicks' jumps looked cheated at all besides the triple loop that was downgraded. Shoji had 5 jumps called < over both programs, and I think those were justified.
    Hicks rotates her jumps (except 3-3), Shoji's jumps usually are questionable at best. But in overall quality of skating Hicks is not even near Shoji's level, so I was surprised when she got the highest PCS. And she didn't even skate clean, two falls in LP, double flutz in SP. I would give her lower PCS than Shoji, Lam and Korobeinikova

vCash
    Both jumps in the 3/3 attempt and the solo 3loop attempt should have been downgraded given how strict the caller was on Shoji and Korobeinikova.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Autumn_girl View Post
    Hicks rotates her jumps (except 3-3), Shoji's jumps usually are questionable at best. But in overall quality of skating Hicks is not even near Shoji's level, so I was surprised when she got the highest PCS. And she didn't even skate clean, two falls in LP, double flutz in SP. I would give her lower PCS than Shoji, Lam and Korobeinikova
    Well, I agree.

Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    Both jumps in the 3/3 attempt and the solo 3loop attempt should have been downgraded given how strict the caller was on Shoji and Korobeinikova.
    We'll have to agree to disagree. With Hicks, my problem was the PCS, not the rotation on those jumps.