Page 29 of 30 FirstFirst ... 1927282930 LastLast
    Port de bras!!!
    vCash
    They've been awfully slow releasing the chapters. Like doling out candy to the kids.
    "Nature is a damp, inconvenient sort of place where birds and animals wander about uncooked."

from Speedy Death

vCash
    I absolutely hate potions - I can't make them at all.

ETA - Okay, finally got it brewing for 51 minutes. If I fall asleep, does the potion spoil?
    Last edited by Kruss; 09-22-2012 at 05:52 AM.
    Give me one more quiet night, before this loud morning gets it right, and does me in.
    ~DC

Port de bras!!!
    vCash
    Be patient and let me know if you need tips.

BTW, I was wrong, all the ingredients needed for the Polyjuice are available by now. LMK if you want tips.

Making the darn Polyjuice now. Looks tricky. I've confused Fluxweed and some kind of grass already.
    Last edited by IceAlisa; 09-22-2012 at 05:54 AM.
    "Nature is a damp, inconvenient sort of place where birds and animals wander about uncooked."

from Speedy Death

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by IceAlisa View Post
    Be patient and let me know if you need tips.

BTW, I was wrong, all the ingredients needed for the Polyjuice are available by now. LMK if you want tips.
    Thanks. I'm hoping I don't fall asleep too early so I can finish the potion after 51 minutes is up. For good measure, I went back to Hagrid's house and collected more dried nettles. Seems I need a lot of those. *sigh*
    Give me one more quiet night, before this loud morning gets it right, and does me in.
    ~DC

vCash
    Whaa?? The swelling solution told me I'd failed as soon as I turned on the heat on part II, didn't even get to heat it up to the correct range

Port de bras!!!
    vCash
    Yes, I messed up that potion so many times and had to go back to Hagrid's house a lot.

from Speedy Death

Port de bras!!!
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mkats View Post
    Whaa?? The swelling solution told me I'd failed as soon as I turned on the heat on part II, didn't even get to heat it up to the correct range
    In part 2, use the yellow burner to turn the heat on, not the red one. The red one is harder to control and likely the temp got too high very quickly. And be ready to regulate the temp very closely, every few seconds within that narrow range.

from Speedy Death

vCash
    I don't think that we will be able to brew Polyjuice until we get further in the book. We need way too many ingredients, including a Slytherin's hair. I haven't noticed an opportunity to pick one up yet. Has anyone?
    Anybody that goes after this Slytherin's hair will be turned into whatever's left of my exploded cauldron.
    "The practice of sport is a human right. Every individual must have the possibility of practicing sport, without discrimination of any kind and in the Olympic spirit, which requires mutual understanding with a spirit of friendship, solidarity and fair play." –Olympic Charter

Port de bras!!!
    vCash
    It wasn't yours, Matry. It was a boy's.

from Speedy Death

Port de bras!!!
    vCash
    Be careful with the Lacewings bottle, a slippery sucker. I just dumped an overdose of this into the cauldron and messed up my Polyjuice. Take 2.

from Speedy Death

vCash
    I'm still waiting for when we have to use that leaping toadstool

Swelling Solution, Take 2...

vCash
    Ugh, it happened to me again, and this time I only used the yellow knob. As soon as I clicked on it, it told me that I'd failed to keep the temperature within range - hadn't even started heating up yet!

What do I do

ETA: so as a symptom of my obsession, I googled to see if anyone else was having this issue... and there are some others, so I guess it's not just me. But ugh, so annoying!!

ETA: It did the exact same thing in Firefox and Chrome. I think I'm cooked (no pun intended) for now...
    Last edited by mkats; 09-22-2012 at 06:09 PM.

Port de bras!!!
    vCash
    Hmm. Here's a tutorial for the Swelling Solution: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YxzQaD99Jg0

from Speedy Death

vCash
    Thanks, I saw that earlier. I don't know, at this point I'm convinced that it's just glitchy. (The first comment on the youtube video describes my exact problem.) And I've succeeded in making all the other potions before multiple times, so I'm pretty sure I'm heating it correctly...

Well, I guess I should be getting back to studying instead of making (virtual) potions all day anyway

Port de bras!!!
    vCash
    I am having trouble with the 1st part of the Polyjuice. There are two, of course which are in essence two separate potions.

After the 1 hour wait, the time runs out very quickly and you have to heat the darn thing for 30 seconds. I don't know how I can make up time. A glitch as well?
    Last edited by IceAlisa; 09-22-2012 at 10:43 PM.

from Speedy Death

Living in a Snark
    vCash
    Yes, I messed up that potion so many times and had to go back to Hagrid's house a lot.
    Oh God, me too.
    But I can't find the proper chapter to collect more of that, where is it?
    D&S 2006 and 2007 World Gold Medalists

Port de bras!!!
    vCash
    I've brewed part 1 of the Polyjuice. Now I am brewing the 16+ hour long part 2. How much do I want to get this right?

from Speedy Death

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by D&Sfan4ever View Post
    Oh God, me too.
    But I can't find the proper chapter to collect more of that, where is it?
    The nettles? Try Book 1, Chapter 8, Scene 3. (Been doing this all day. )

Port de bras!!!
    vCash
    yes, unlimited supply hanging on Hagrid's hut.

from Speedy Death

vCash
    PML, checking my blog stats and found that someone got to my blog today by searching "pottermore i blew up my cauldron".

Page 29 of 30 FirstFirst ... 1927282930 LastLast