Page 27 of 30 FirstFirst ... 172526272829 ... LastLast

vCash
    I'm a Hufflepuff! My wand is cypress with a phoenix feather core, 11 3/4", hard.

Is anyone here named VineNox187, a Slytherin? They have sent me a friend request.

Port de bras!!!
    vCash
    CynicElle is VineNox187.
    "Nature is a damp, inconvenient sort of place where birds and animals wander about uncooked."

from Speedy Death

vCash
    I can't get those damn gnomes. Did a little better with the advice earlier in the thread and managed three on one try. Ugh. I've now informed my husband that I may make him try. Answer: "Now what is this again and why do you HAVE to do it?"

vCash
    Thanks, IceAlisa!

vCash
    Yep, that was me! I don't know how to link to specific messages, but back on page 21 of this thread, there's a list of all the FSU Pottermore players.
    "Liking this sport is ridiculous, so you’re a little different for liking it, she explained. But you’re allowed to like what you like." - Robert Samuels

Port de bras!!!
    vCash
    PDilemma, Kruss' advice worked really well for me. Once I tried it, the gnomes flew. Just make sure the gnomes face the hedge when you let go.
    "Nature is a damp, inconvenient sort of place where birds and animals wander about uncooked."

from Speedy Death

Port de bras!!!
    vCash
    Here are the objects I collected from the CoS chapters available so far:

Spoiler

from Speedy Death

vCash
    I can't pick up the mask; I can get to the "hooray you found a mask!" but it won't let me click on "collect".

The site on a whole is running extremely slowly right now. I'll have to wait until I can get back to the US and play on a reliable internet connection

vCash
    IceAlisa, The Pottermore Guide has been updated. That has a full list of collectables.

Port de bras!!!
    vCash
    Thanks, AmyL! I was missing:

Spoiler

So I went book shopping and only got Standard Book of Spells, Grade 2 but am not feeling all these expensive Gilderoy Lockhart books.
    Last edited by IceAlisa; 07-13-2012 at 06:08 AM.

from Speedy Death

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by IceAlisa View Post
    PDilemma, Kruss' advice worked really well for me. Once I tried it, the gnomes flew. Just make sure the gnomes face the hedge when you let go.
    Finally got them!! I am absurdly excited by this!

Port de bras!!!
    vCash
    I know, right?

from Speedy Death

vCash
    PDilemma and IceAlisa, so glad it worked for you.
    Give me one more quiet night, before this loud morning gets it right, and does me in.
    ~DC

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Kruss View Post
    PDilemma and IceAlisa, so glad it worked for you.
    Thank you for the hints. I never would have got past that in my life without it! Quite unskilled at things like that.

Port de bras!!!
    vCash
    Me too, if it weren't for Kruss, I'd still be trying to throw gnomes and . Thanks again!

Any word when Ch. 5 will be available? I can't wait to brew new potions, provided book 2 gives us potions to brew--I think Polyjuice is definitely warranted. I just hope it doesn't take a whole actual month to brew it.

from Speedy Death

vCash
    As is probably shocking to NO ONE, I am a proud Slytherin. Sssssssssssss.

I'm a horrible Slytherin; I can't make the cure for boils. Course, I am a Slytherin, so I should be more about the giving of curses than taking them away. I need help from some goody two-shoes Hufflepuff.

I'm AccioDawn28899 My wand is a Dogwood with a Phoenix Feather and "surprisingly swishy." Why, yes, I did giggle like a seventh grade boy.
    "The practice of sport is a human right. Every individual must have the possibility of practicing sport, without discrimination of any kind and in the Olympic spirit, which requires mutual understanding with a spirit of friendship, solidarity and fair play." –Olympic Charter

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Kruss View Post
    I finally managed it after several tries. Keep holding down the mouse button until the gnome swings around a few times and gets faster. Release it when it's swinging to the right towards the hedge.

If you release too soon, though, you'll send it right into the hedge. I drowned a few in the pond. :/
    Not only do they release too soon, they LAUGH at you. I'll show them. I'm a pureblood. Well, OK, I'll make baseless threats and hope some random Death Eater will back them up, but I'll sneer really, really hard. Or make a potion. I've only broken one cauldron today.

This is why I can't play video games. I'm too invested. I'm trying to sneak playing this at work. Do you know how hard it is to de-gnome while writing a press release?
    "The practice of sport is a human right. Every individual must have the possibility of practicing sport, without discrimination of any kind and in the Olympic spirit, which requires mutual understanding with a spirit of friendship, solidarity and fair play." –Olympic Charter

Port de bras!!!
    vCash
    The gnomes laugh? I thought they kind of sink listlessly into the pond. You've come a long way, Matry, in such a short time. You've just been sorted and you are already de-gnoming!

I am MidnightGlow21201, btw.

from Speedy Death

vCash
    I just signed up for this - I finally got around to re-read the first 3.5 books ( where I stopped years ago), and just started book 5.

Enjoying them, so I thought I would sign up - I am FlightAuror18821. Tryingto figure out how it all works

vCash
    Have fun! I sent you a friend request.
    "Liking this sport is ridiculous, so you’re a little different for liking it, she explained. But you’re allowed to like what you like." - Robert Samuels

Page 27 of 30 FirstFirst ... 172526272829 ... LastLast