Page 22 of 30 FirstFirst ... 122021222324 ... LastLast

vCash
    I think Potions still gets glitchy on and off, especially when there are tons of people on the site. It flunked one of my Sleeping Draughts because it said I put the lavender in the wrong container, which I so did not.

Oh well -- at least now that dueling is up and working, I don't have to wait eons to earn some house points.
    "Liking this sport is ridiculous, so you’re a little different for liking it, she explained. But you’re allowed to like what you like." - Robert Samuels

vCash
    I'm rocking at potions right now! Who knew? I've brewed 3 Sleeping Draughts and one of everything else and I haven't had a mistake since early yesterday morning when I blew up my second cauldron!

The toughest thing is picking up the bottles but I think I've figured it out. If you position your mouse near the top of the bottle, pick it up, and then bring the bottle up the side of the cauldron (kind of using the cauldron to steady it) and then gently tip it, it works better. I did spill a great deal of stuff figuring that out but my method seems to be working now.

Does anyone know if they'll continue to add stuff to the chapters once you've already gone through them? I wonder what the timeline is for adding COS and the other books?

vCash
    I brewed my first potion last night! I just wish I had realized the real version (vs the practice) would take so long or I'd have waiting until today... I'm tired this morning, but I didn't want to give up on my first successful potion!

vCash
    ^^Congrats! It does give you a weird sense of accomplishment, doesn't it?

vCash
    IA, I've had a brewing potion disappear on me as well. I guess they still have some glitches to hammer out.

What's glitchiest for me, actually, is dueling - anyone else have that issue? At least 30% of the time either I'm announced to have lost or won before I even pick a spell, or sometimes it lets me get as far as picking a spell but then announces the outcome before I actually cast it.

vCash
    ^^That's happened to me to. It usually happens when I randomly challenge a house, usually back-to-back. It'd be okay if you actually received points when you "won" the match, but you don't receive anything. When that happens I just refresh the page and try again.

Port de bras!!!
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mkats View Post
    IA, I've had a brewing potion disappear on me as well. I guess they still have some glitches to hammer out.

What's glitchiest for me, actually, is dueling - anyone else have that issue? At least 30% of the time either I'm announced to have lost or won before I even pick a spell, or sometimes it lets me get as far as picking a spell but then announces the outcome before I actually cast it.
    Great. I am going to attempt the potion today once more. Haven't tried dueling yet.

Off to a great start. Cauldron meltdown. It also announced that 5 points will be taken off Ravenclaw but my point count hasn't changed. Guess they owe me that for taking away my potion last night.

Brewed the darn thing on 5th attempt. Whew. Will try another one.
    Last edited by IceAlisa; 04-20-2012 at 05:55 PM.
    "Nature is a damp, inconvenient sort of place where birds and animals wander about uncooked."

from Speedy Death

vCash
    Thanks for the potions IA and ChelleC!! I haven't been on much in the last couple of days.. but my "error" message for dueling is fixed and I am back.

Port de bras!!!
    vCash
    I have brewed two Awake potions and am now on to the Sleeping one. There's a bit of tricky heating involved.

I am wondering if we will need them down the road when the other books come out. Do the potions have an expiration date? A rhetorical question, of course.
    "Nature is a damp, inconvenient sort of place where birds and animals wander about uncooked."

from Speedy Death

vCash
    I just expect to see more potions added the further we go along. Maybe we get the instructions for Polyjuice once CoS is added!! And the same thing for spells. I just really want to get a Patronus one day.

Port de bras!!!
    vCash
    I looked at some of you guys' object lists--brina in particular--and I am missing:

Every Flavor Beans
    Hammer and nails
    Old cup
    Old candle
    Postcard from London
    Rememberall
    Wizard Chess set

I will go back and scour the SS chapter for these.

The website had crashed 4 times while I was looking. Really glad I wasn't brewing a potion at the time.

ETA: Got all of them so far excepting the old candle and postcard. Also found along the way:

2 more chocolate frog cards
    a bunch of
    another rock cake
    jar of eel eyes (useful in potion making supposedly)
    infusion of wormwood
    2 more books: Hogwarts: A History and Dragon Keeper's Guide.
    Last edited by IceAlisa; 04-20-2012 at 10:17 PM.

from Speedy Death

vCash
    OMG, I just realized WTT already started (from IA's earlier post). I completely forgot about it This thread is the only reason I've been wandering over to FSU as of late.

Quote Originally Posted by Amy L View Post
    I just expect to see more potions added the further we go along. Maybe we get the instructions for Polyjuice once CoS is added!! And the same thing for spells. I just really want to get a Patronus one day.
    How awesome would that be???

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by IceAlisa View Post
    I looked at some of you guys' object lists--brina in particular and I am missing:

Every Flavor Beans
    Hammer and nails
    Old cup
    Postcard from London
    Rememberall
    Wizard Chess set

I will go back and scour the SS chapter for these.
    Every Flavor Beans - in the train compartment
    Postcard from London - in the Dursley's kitchen on the fridge
    Rememberall - in whatever chapter that is, just click on it
    Wizard Chess set - ditto

I don't remember where the old cup is, but I have it. I don't have the hammer and nails.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Amy L View Post
    I don't remember where the old cup is, but I have it. I don't have the hammer and nails.
    The hammer and nails is in Chapter 3: Letters from No One. It's by the door that's all boarded up...

I can't remember where I got the cup from...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kwanatic View Post
    The hammer and nails is in Chapter 3: Letters from No One. It's by the door that's all boarded up...

I can't remember where I got the cup from...
    The cup was in the 4th chapter - in the hut on the rock when Harry receives his letter!!

Port de bras!!!
    vCash
    Thanks, will go back for the postcard once I finish the current potion (living on the edge here, using the copper cauldron). Where the flutz is the old candle? I tried collecting one sitting by a chess game and it wouldn't go.

Rememberall is in the Flying Lesson chapter, just like in the book and film.

The chess set is in the Xmas at Hogwarts chapter, on the table (which contains a few other goodies, a galleon and infusion of wormwood).

from Speedy Death

vCash
    How many chocolate frog cards are there? I currently have 9 but don't have one for Helga Hufflepuff and I assume she must have one!!

Port de bras!!!
    vCash
    I have 8 I think. You found one more. I wonder what this stuff is for and if we really need it later on.

from Speedy Death

vCash
    If you really want to know everything you can collect in each chapter, go to this website. It doesn't tell you necessarily where it is, but rather what you can find in each chapter

http://ppottermoreguide.tumblr.com/

I found 11 Chocolate Frogs. I only went to this site AFTER I had been through all the chapters once through thoroughly (or so I thought). Turns out I missed about 7 items.

vCash
    Can we make a separate thread that is just a Pottermore directory of who is who from FSU?

Also, is anyone here HallowEye28603? I got your friend request, I just want to be able to identify you!

Page 22 of 30 FirstFirst ... 122021222324 ... LastLast