Page 21 of 30 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 ... LastLast

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kwanatic View Post
    ^^The best advice I'd give is don't rush too much. Don't add an ingredient unless the little counter has registered the number (ie. it says "Add 2 measures of standard ingredients, don't throw the second measure in until the first one has registered and the little number next to the mortar/cauldron says "1"). I did that with the horned slugs (for whichever potion it is); I dumped 4 in without paying attention to the number on the counter and thought I'd done it right but when I waved the wand it started smoking green and said I'd done it wrong.

For the stirring the cauldron, same thing. If the counter isn't registering it, it's probably not counting it. I'm PumpkinNewt5946...add me as a friend! I'd do it myself but the search for friends page doesn't load properly here at work...
    I am defintely counting the ingredients correctly - I just cannot get the stirring down - I suspect if you 'miss' one it blows the count out and I have not gotten 5 in a row yet - I have tried all the tricks and I am finding out on the web but nothing seems to work for me!!! It is so damn frustrating!!!

Uncle Dick's Beyotch!
    vCash
    Finally did it! Lorac, when I was stirring, I got up to 3 and then it stopped counting for a moment, but I kept stirring and the counter resumed until I got to 5. Try that.

vCash
    YYYYEESSSSS - finally - I have a cure for boils!!!!! (OMG - how pathetic am I!!)

Uncle Dick's Beyotch!
    vCash
    OK - I need help with the Alohomora spell. I see some letters, but others missing. I try clicking on the "A", then clicking twice when it glows in the circle, but then the letters drop and re-appear again. Help!

ETA: Disregard. I figured it out. Ironically I had to go into my spells section to practice another spell, and the instructions were a little clearer for some reason. So I went back and did Alohomora.

So friggin addictive
    Last edited by Bostonfan; 04-19-2012 at 09:10 PM.

vCash
    PhD Chemist says (via text message at work, somebody's addicted!)

"What kind of alchemist puts a time limit on your work?? Steady chemistry is solid chemistry!"

Methinks somebody isn't faring too well in potions

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Lorac View Post
    YYYYEESSSSS - finally - I have a cure for boils!!!!! (OMG - how pathetic am I!!)
    I finally made it through more than two steps but my potion failed because I didn't get the right temperature. How do you tell the temperature????

vCash
    I just press the "heat" (middle iirc?) button on the cauldron and it reaches the temp automatically - then you should see a timer so you know when the 10 seconds are up.

What took longest for me was figuring out how to add measures.

I do wish I could practice the other potions first too, oh well.

vCash
    When are you supposed to stir the boil potion?

vCash
    Hannahclear, stir it after the three minute waiting period (which is step 6, I think?). I kept stirring it too early, which is why it took me forever to successfully make that one lol.

I'm still horrible at potions, totally stuck on the Forgetfulness Potion. The Lethe River Water tips over so easily and I can't set it down upright on the work table. So frustrating.

Port de bras!!!
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mkats View Post
    PhD Chemist says (via text message at work, somebody's addicted!)

"What kind of alchemist puts a time limit on your work?? Steady chemistry is solid chemistry!"

Methinks somebody isn't faring too well in potions
    Well, that makes the rest of us feel a little better. But only a little. He did make the boils one in 3 tries. My phone refused to log onto Pottermore today. Not that I would have attempted anything like brewing a potion on my phone. Tomorrow I will try another potion and also finally try those dueling spells.
    "Nature is a damp, inconvenient sort of place where birds and animals wander about uncooked."

from Speedy Death

Uncle Dick's Beyotch!
    vCash
    Maybe it's my browser, but did anyone get stuck on the potion puzzle? It tells me I must select the two right potions, but is stuck there.

vCash
    Soooo....does anyone want to duel someone who can only manage alohomora? Anyone? Hm?

...I should stick with potion making.

Ma name's Beckeh.
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bostonfan View Post
    Maybe it's my browser, but did anyone get stuck on the potion puzzle? It tells me I must select the two right potions, but is stuck there.
    There is a logic puzzle on the right side of the potions. Click on it to read it.
    Roll Tide, y'all!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Scintillation View Post
    Soooo....does anyone want to duel someone who can only manage alohomora? Anyone? Hm?

...I should stick with potion making.
    Oh everyone is going to challenge you now. Except me. I can't manage any.

ETA: Finally got the cure for boils!!!
    Last edited by PDilemma; 04-20-2012 at 02:20 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PDilemma View Post
    Oh everyone is going to challenge you now. Except me. I can't manage any.

I can't manage any either. Just was horribly defeated.
    'Life's hard. It's even harder when you're stupid.'--John Wayne

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by galaxygirl View Post
    This is what I have. Sorry, it's a mess. I don't think I can embed a table into a post.

FSU--Pottermore
    agalisgv--SeekerSky1411
    Amy L--HallowScarlet16345
    brina--AccioLeviosa14539
    cailuj365--FireboltLeviosa18208
    centerstage01--WolfsbaneOwl25
    ChelleC--AsphodelMugwump61
    Cygnus--PurpleVine18790
    CynicElle--VineNox187
    FigureSpins--ScarletFlight22
    Gil-Galad--PhoenixFlame15784
    IceAlisa--MidnightGlow21201
    jobelle--VineFrog819
    kwanatic--PumpkinNewt5946
    kwanfan1818--RiverKnight947
    Lara--WillowShadow19451
    Marge_Simpson--FeatherYew23763
    michiruwater--DawnGold8325
    mkats--ProphecyDawn3556
    nerdycool--WizardUnicorn12578
    NinjaTurtles--CentaurRune2549
    PDilemma--ChestnutCastle2405
    reckless--WolfSky27882
    rfisher--EyeFloo18046
    Sarah--QuillDream30146
    shsocu--WalnutWillow30758
    star_gazer11--PumpkinAsh13301
    Stormy--GhostQuill12875
    Yehudi--ErisedGhost6556
    Adding
    antmanb—LumosKey8758
    Bostonfan—StoneRose19105
    Citlali--SunCharm68
    galaxygirl--HollyOak29377
    jamesy—Fangshield3417
    lmarie086—WingLumos24131
    lorac--OakMidnight16546
    PRlady—gobletdream3854
    Scintillation--MidnightMagic29812
    wickedwitch—HexOwl31482
    zaphyre14—KnightOwl5950
    **brina--SilverBronze1352 (wasn't sure if you're using both accounts )
    Last edited by shsocu; 04-20-2012 at 04:30 AM.
    I'm going to twizzle into a triple axel and spiral out of it.

Port de bras!!!
    vCash
    Tried brewing the Awake-Wide Eye potion--ran out of time. It said heat on medium heat for 30 secs. So I tried doing that and it said I am out of time. I was pretty fast with the preceding steps, wrote them out rather than clicking on the page, did everything. Back to the apothecary for more ingredients cuz I just lost a bunch of stuff.

I have a feeling I will go broke with all these unsuccessful attempts to brew potions.
    "Nature is a damp, inconvenient sort of place where birds and animals wander about uncooked."

from Speedy Death

Port de bras!!!
    vCash
    Pardon my double-posting but this is the tutorial for said potion: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J4Q9BAmJ4k8

I did exactly what the video said but as the seconds counter appeared, so did another countdown and once that was over, I was out of time. I didn't take any longer than the video. I think I will time myself next time and see if this is a glitch.

ETA: I timed myself, I took less than two minutes to complete the heating and crushing and started transferring crushed snake fangs+standard ingredient to the cauldron when the countdown started. What's the total time that it takes to make this potion?

OK, I raced through the steps and am now in the 55 minutes brewing stage. I used the pewter cauldron because I understand the copper one is faster but harder to control. Since I don't seem to be able to control much in potions or spells, I went with the safer version for now.

THREE HOURS LATER..................

So. Speaking of glitches. I had to brew this thing twice more. Once because I clicked on the wand instead of woolfsbane twigs and it went and waved itself over the cauldron before all the woolfsbane was in. So that was my fault.

Second time I was done brewing and clicked on the line "This potion requires your attention". It started loading, then quit and took me to the cauldron page. My nearly ready potion was nowhere to be found. WTF? Not funny, site developers. May be I should wait until they get the bugs out.

At least I did stuff while it was brewing and didn't stare at the computer screen: gave Mini a bath, a snack and made sure he brushed his teeth before bed. Then I watched the top 6 ladies WTT SP. Not half bad. Then I discovered the Shibs' Facebook page and browsed through their photos. They are so cute, they make the potion failure less

Nonetheless, not happy with Pottermore right now.
    Last edited by IceAlisa; 04-20-2012 at 07:42 AM.

from Speedy Death

Port de bras!!!
    vCash
    deleted

from Speedy Death

Uncle Dick's Beyotch!
    vCash
    Yay! I finished the book. Now I'm going to friend a bunch of you and then go through the whole thing more slowly to better learn my spells and potions.

Page 21 of 30 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 ... LastLast