Page 18 of 30 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by brina View Post
    agalisgv, It's SilverBronze1352. It says I have two duels waiting me but I can't tell whom they are from.
    I friended your second identity.

I noticed sometime late last night that all the points for the Houses were made equal, and the site was modified in some way. Perhaps that's connected to the problems you're having?

Port de bras!!!
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Hannahclear View Post
    Yup, did all that, double checked. It's really bothering me, which is dumbz.
    Glitch! site developers
    "Nature is a damp, inconvenient sort of place where birds and animals wander about uncooked."

from Speedy Death

vCash
    You guys move fast, I felt like I didn't sign off for very long. I'm trying to sign in with my Kindle but it doesn't want to log on on there.
    I'm MidnightMagic29812, and taking my sweet ass time in Chapter 2 of book one.

vCash
    I've read the first book a zillion times but I never remember which potions are the right ones; the one to go forward and the one to go back. I worked the riddle and got it right on the first try! Yay me!

I'm almost done going through the story, which makes me a bit sad b/c I know we'll have to wait until the next book is ready...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by IceAlisa View Post
    Hufflepuff with 21,675,123 points in 4th
    it's a good thing us honey badgers don't give a shit

vCash
    ^^ You know it!!

So I finished the first book! I absolutely love this site! I'm actually happy the other books aren't up yet; I'd never get anything done at work! I know I'll be dueling and mixing potions until they get the other ones up...

Question: where do you find the other spells from. My Spells section says I know 14 spells but I can only perform 3 (incendio, flippendo and the bogie curse). Do you have to reach a certain amount of dueling points before you can do others? Or did I miss the spells somewhere? Help!

vCash
    The list of spells shown before you duel has a drop down arrow at the bottom. Click on the arrow, and you'll see the other spells.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kwanatic View Post

Question: where do you find the other spells from. My Spells section says I know 14 spells but I can only perform 3 (incendio, flippendo and the bogie curse). Do you have to reach a certain amount of dueling points before you can do others? Or did I miss the spells somewhere? Help!
    How many spell books do you have?

I have 3 books, know 21 spells, but can practice 7
    I'm going to twizzle into a triple axel and spiral out of it.

vCash
    I've only got two spells books: Dark Forces: A Guide to Self-Protection and Standard Book of Spells (Grade 1). 7?! I can only practice 3 spells!

I must have missed one. Crap!

I guess I need to go back and look for it...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kwanatic View Post
    I've only got two spells books: Dark Forces: A Guide to Self-Protection and Standard Book of Spells (Grade 1). 7?! I can only practice 3 spells!

I must have missed one. Crap!

I guess I need to go back and look for it...
    Look through Chapter 12 again
    I'm going to twizzle into a triple axel and spiral out of it.

vCash
    The chapter in the library has a lot of books to collect. I'd start rechecking there.

vCash
    I just did...dragged the mouse over every single shelf. I'm pretty sure I got all of the ones in there...

ETA: Just found it! It was the one on the bench at the Christmas feast. I could have sworn I collected that one. I probably did but my computer at work runs the site kinda weird...I constantly have to refresh it. Maybe something happened when I clicked on it at work or something. Whatever! I'm off to practice!

vCash
    Well I'm as epically bad as Harry at Potions because I can't practice brew this cure for boils to save my life.

vCash
    I succeeded in brewing herbicide. (Kinda ironic for a Hufflepuff, no? )

That horklump juice bottle is THE worst! It's so hard to stand up and in the end I just gave up and chucked it aside in the interest of time. Of course, the same went for the flobberworm mucus, and I could hardly see what was going on on my workbench for all the green plumes of smoke coming up.

vCash
    Also, I would like to quote the PhD chemist on making cure for boils:

"...besides, where's the inert atmosphere? and i didn't even add a stir bar and there's no stir plate. what is this crap?"

ETA: After succeeding with cure for boils in 3 tries, he went to tackle forgetfulness potion but then got angry with his slow cauldron, bought a copper cauldron, grumbled that it was still too slow, and gave up, presumably to go mix up some real potions.

vCash
    mkats, that is hilarious.

vCash
    I think it may have been my 6th attempt that I finally did everything correctly and didn't run out of time. YEESH.
    Also my wand is cypress with unicorn hair, and I was placed in Gryffindor. According to Pottermore, I am hella super self-sacrificing and brave, what with my cypress wand and house placement. I would've thought I would be Hufflepuff or Slytherin.

vCash
    Thanks for the cauldron CynicElle, I'm sure I'll blow it up soon. I FINALLY have a successful Awakening potion! I'm thinking about trying the poison antidote, but I need to give myself a little mental health holiday before I get started on another one.

The duels finally work again! Now I need to go poke a badger with a spoon...

Port de bras!!!
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mkats View Post
    Also, I would like to quote the PhD chemist on making cure for boils:

"...besides, where's the inert atmosphere? and i didn't even add a stir bar and there's no stir plate. what is this crap?"

ETA: After succeeding with cure for boils in 3 tries, he went to tackle forgetfulness potion but then got angry with his slow cauldron, bought a copper cauldron, grumbled that it was still too slow, and gave up, presumably to go mix up some real potions.
    "Nature is a damp, inconvenient sort of place where birds and animals wander about uncooked."

from Speedy Death

vCash
    You all are collecting so many house points off of my inability to do spells.

Page 18 of 30 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast