Page 17 of 30 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast
    vCash
    The fun stuff to collect is generally after you've gone shopping at Diagon Alley.

Port de bras!!!
    vCash
    I don't think there's anything at the Zoo.

Spoilers of where to look for stuff

Spoiler

"Nature is a damp, inconvenient sort of place where birds and animals wander about uncooked."

from Speedy Death

I <3 Kozuka
    vCash
    Must not sign back in until I finish my taxes.

Must not sign back in until I finish my taxes.
    "The team doesn't get automatic capacity because management is mad" -- Greg Smith, agile guy

vCash
    I just blew up my third cauldron. I allllllmost had the awakening potion right until I was picking up my second twig of wolfsbane but I accidentally clicked on my wand instead. I got so frustrated that I tried to rush through another batch... BOOM! Snape is going to resurrect himself just to kick me out of Slytherin! I'm down to 300-something galleons, so I need the Chamber of Secrets section of the website to open just to keep cauldrons in supply.

I haven't been able to duel all day. Since there's nothing else for me to do (except, ya know, real life...) I see more dead cauldrons in my future.

vCash
    Successfully brewed two potions today.

I convinced my organic chemistry PhD friend to join as well. I'm looking forward to seeing how he fares with the potions.

New thought: Where are we (eventually) supposed to get more galleons besides picking up ones that people have left behind? Everyone in the book just lived off of their parents' funds. Can I pick up a shift on the Knight Bus or something?

Port de bras!!!
    vCash
    Ouch, Amy L! I may have to try to brew more potions a bit later. May be on Friday.

I've been wondering how pottermore makes . Any idea?
    Quote Originally Posted by mkats View Post
    Successfully brewed two potions today.

I convinced my organic chemistry PhD friend to join as well. I'm looking forward to seeing how he fares with the potions.
    Let us know how your friend does.

New thought: Where are we (eventually) supposed to get more galleons besides picking up ones that people have left behind? Everyone in the book just lived off of their parents' funds. Can I pick up a shift on the Knight Bus or something?
    That would be a great idea for the site developers. I think they can do even better than what we have so far.
    "Nature is a damp, inconvenient sort of place where birds and animals wander about uncooked."

from Speedy Death

vCash
    Where are we (eventually) supposed to get more galleons besides picking up ones that people have left behind?
    Frugality is reality

BTW, Gryffindor is currently the House leader

vCash
    I think I read that we're supposed to get more Galleons when the second book is unlocked.
    "Liking this sport is ridiculous, so you’re a little different for liking it, she explained. But you’re allowed to like what you like." - Robert Samuels

vCash
    Is anyone else getting an error page for dueling? It has been like that for me since last night... I created a whole new account to see if it would let me duel on that one (and got sorted into Slytherin again with a whole different set of questions... guess that makes me a true Slytherin ) and that account does NOT bring up the error page.. hmm. It seems very strange.

Port de bras!!!
    vCash
    I have Slytherin as the House leader with 25,260,079 points
    Gryffindor with 24,569,381 points in 2nd
    Ravenclaw with 24,457,387 points in 3rd
    Hufflepuff with 21,675,123 points in 4th

from Speedy Death

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by IceAlisa View Post
    Hufflepuff with 21,675,123 points in 4th
    That's why I only challenged Hufflepuffs yesterday. In the very likely outcome that I lost, I knew that Hufflepuff would never overtake Slytherins just because of me. I think the Sorting Hat realized my inner before I did.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by brina View Post
    Is anyone else getting an error page for dueling?
    Nope!

Perhaps it cowers in fear at your prowess

The house point totals change second by second. So while Slytherin is usually in the lead, Gryffindor caught up at one point. It will continue to go back and forth, though. For awhile, Ravenclaw was ahead of Gryffindor.
    Quote Originally Posted by rfisher View Post
    I have come to realize I am a true Slytherin at heart and was miss-sorted. I have no patience to brew stupid potions that I can't figure out what I'm doing wrong or dueling when I suck at it.
    Just fyi--Slytherins lurve to duel.

Satisfied skating fan
    vCash
    I have come to realize I am a true Slytherin at heart and was miss-sorted. I have no patience to brew stupid potions that I can't figure out what I'm doing wrong or dueling when I suck at it. I'd just buy the potions and cheat at the duel. My mother would have spent hours and hours practicing this stuff and been brilliant. I'm just going to go buy some stuff and then find more goodies. I have a trunk load of stuff, but am sure I missed things. But, first I'm going to reregister and get myself properly sorted. I knew I should have answered those dark arts questions like I really felt. I couldn't have been a death eater because Voldy would annoy me when he started giving orders. I don't take orders from others. I don't have a problem giving them.
    Those who never succeed themselves are always the first to tell you how.

vCash
    So now I know why Amy has rejected my challenges

:sigh:

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by IceAlisa View Post
    What does the pop-up window say that you did wrong when it tells you the potion failed?

Also, keep in mind, this could just be a site glitch.
    It tells me that I didn't do it in the right order, but I checked it a million times.

Let's call it a glitch. I have a Ravenclaw rep to defend here.

Really, the whole thing has been worth it so far just for the Minerva McGonagall and Dursley back stories.

Port de bras!!!
    vCash
    I am assuming you are adding the snake fangs from the bag immediately to the right of the cauldron. Because I started out by adding some green things in the baggy to the right of that. I also confused horned slugs with snake fangs at some point. Looking at the pictures in the book cleared that up for me

from Speedy Death

vCash
    Yup, did all that, double checked. It's really bothering me, which is dumbz.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by brina View Post
    I created a whole new account to see if it would let me duel on that one (and got sorted into Slytherin again with a whole different set of questions... guess that makes me a true Slytherin ) and that account does NOT bring up the error page.. hmm. It seems very strange.
    What's your new account name?

I sent you a challenge to your old one--does it come up?

vCash
    Hannahclear, that happens to me on the Awakening potion or whatever it's called... it tells me I am doing it wrong when I am fairly certain I'm doing what the directions say! I think it's glitchy (or I am too stubborn to believe I am doing it wrong ).

agalisgv, It's SilverBronze1352. It says I have two duels waiting me but I can't tell whom they are from.

vCash
    I found a couple of fansites that might help
    http://forums.pottermorecentral.com/forum.php

This one breaks down the price to brew each potion
    http://hugadragon.com/
    I'm going to twizzle into a triple axel and spiral out of it.

Page 17 of 30 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast