Page 20 of 30 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kwanfan1818 View Post
    Must not sign back in until I finish my taxes.

Must not sign back in until I finish my taxes.
    Hehe, me too. How's that going for you?

I've only logged in to confirm friend requests. Ooops to whoever challenged me to a duel a day or two back - the notice apparently only shows up once, and the system doesn't remember it if you don't accept in the session you received it.

But I can't duel yet anyway, haven't mastered any of that yet.

vCash
    The other potions can be harder because the bottles/vials are a PITA to pour the first few times. And if you have to keep the cauldron at a low temp you have to quickly press the on/off buttons back and forth constantly or else you blow up a cauldron for the 4th time in a 24-hour period.

vCash
    I think dueling is way more fun than potion-making .

You earn more points faster, and you don't have to spend any galleons

vCash
    Besides the astounding number of cauldrons I go through in a day, I do actually successfully brew several potions (life, what life). Dueling, otoh...

vCash
    Yeah, I don't know if it's because I'm on a laptop or what, but I fail at duelling. I've won a couple matches against other Slytherins, so they don't even count, but I've been hopeless against other houses.

(sound of all FSUers in other houses rushing to challenge me to duels ... )
    "Liking this sport is ridiculous, so you’re a little different for liking it, she explained. But you’re allowed to like what you like." - Robert Samuels

vCash
    OK, here's a newbie question. I got on for the 1st time last night (my work computer has a firewall that won't let me access it, so I can only get there on nights and weekends from my home PC)

I'm in Chapter 3. I've collected a couple of things so far, but nothing really happens as far as I can see. Do I just have to slog through the chapters clicking on everything until I get to the sorting? So far I'm not really sure what I'm supposed to be looking for or doing with these early chapters.

vCash
    You do have to go through all the chapters in order to get to the Sorting, but you should wait to collect things (except for your school supplies, since you can't move ahead in the game until you've bought them) until after you're Sorted. You can earn house points for collecting some of the items.
    "Liking this sport is ridiculous, so you’re a little different for liking it, she explained. But you’re allowed to like what you like." - Robert Samuels

vCash
    I'm so hooked on this! So I'm working on getting two decent spells for dueling. I'm going with the Full Body Bind (which is pretty powerful and not hard) and the Tongue Tying spell (which is a bit harder).

I brewed Herbicide on my first try this morning...that was after spilling everything yesterday the first time I tried. I seem to be pretty decent at potions. The hardest thing is picking up the vials of ingredients and not spilling them everywhere. My goal is to get three more successful potions today. And I'm getting better at dueling too...

vCash
    I'm a dab hand at potions. I see the point in spending your time dueling to earn points faster; however, I get bored with dueling quickly. It seems that everyone is just using Petrificus Totalus, I wish it was trickier to cast well like some of the others.
    Sometimes I think I lost something really important to me, and it turns out I already ate it.

vCash
    I don't understand dueling so I'm working on Potions instead. Haven't blown up a cauldron yet.....

Is it worth stocking up on potion ingredients while I have the Gs to buy them or should I buy only what I need for the one I'm working on? (I hate shopping! )
    I'd rather be thought of as absolutely ridiculous than as absolutely boring.

vCash
    I blew up my second cauldron the first time I tried to make the Sleeping Draught...BUT I tried it again and nailed it! 11 house points. I like doing potions though I admit, I felt a lot like Neville when I got started.

I agree about dueling. I was using the Tongue Tying spell until I realized the Body Bind curse is not only easier but more powerful. Now I'm winning a bit more frequently, which is cool but it would be cool if there was a bit more to it than picking the same spell over and over. Maybe like if when you go in to duel, the game randomly chooses 3 spells for both casters and the best one wins...IDK.

It's still fun though.

vCash
    Any advantage on choosing a specific magical creature: Owl, Frog, etc? Or is it just personal preference?

Entre el mundo del patinaje y el mundo real
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bostonfan View Post
    Any advantage on choosing a specific magical creature: Owl, Frog, etc? Or is it just personal preference?
    No advantange that I know of, just your preference... but later in the game it becomes your avatar, so choose wisely.

P.D: I´m SunCharm68 and a Ravenclaw

vCash
    Another Ravenclaw here!

vCash
    I went on a shopping spree at the Apocathary shop. I've only just been sorted.

vCash
    I've brewed all 6 potions! I'm on my way to being a potions master!

vCash
    So I'm subbing today. As a guest on the school network, I cannot get into gmail or any other email. I can't get into a couple of news sites that are blocked as "adult". I can't get into Golden Skate which is blocked as "spam". And of course, Facebook, etc...is all blocked.

But...I can get into Pottermore and peruse the chapters I already went through to collect more stuff!!

Probably some network admin is going to catch it and it will be blocked, soon.

vCash
    I am getting more and more aggrivated with the cure for boils potion. I am following the steps to the letter but keep getting the message telling me the potion is not done due to me doing the steps in the wrong order but I'm not!!!! The only thing is that sometimes my stirring doesn't register - how do you do that properly?

Oh and my name is OakMidnight16546

vCash
    ^^The best advice I'd give is don't rush too much. Don't add an ingredient unless the little counter has registered the number (ie. it says "Add 2 measures of standard ingredients, don't throw the second measure in until the first one has registered and the little number next to the mortar/cauldron says "1"). I did that with the horned slugs (for whichever potion it is); I dumped 4 in without paying attention to the number on the counter and thought I'd done it right but when I waved the wand it started smoking green and said I'd done it wrong.

For the stirring the cauldron, same thing. If the counter isn't registering it, it's probably not counting it. I'm PumpkinNewt5946...add me as a friend! I'd do it myself but the search for friends page doesn't load properly here at work...

vCash
    I'm still working on the cures for boils potions. Took me about 6 times because I was overcrushing the powder. Now that I have that figured out, it too gave me an error message about doing the 2nd half of the potion in the wrong order. I think I may have miscounted the stirs I did. Off to try again!

Page 20 of 30 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 ... LastLast