Page 7 of 30 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

vCash
    WillowShadow19451, yet to be sorted since I've only just arrived at Diagon Alley. Will see what my wand is!

vCash
    I'm WolfSky27882. It just let me in. Until now, it kept telling me I was registered and had activated the account, but was not permitted to begin.

I'm Gryffindor and my wand is ebony, 12 3/4 in, dragon core, unbending.

And I'm also going to waste an incredible amount of time on that site. I cracked up reading McGonagall's lifelong desire.
    Last edited by reckless; 04-17-2012 at 09:12 AM.

I <3 Kozuka
    vCash
    RiverKnight947

Redwood with phoenix feather core, 10 3/4, unyielding. Weird, because the wood description and I have nothing in common. (I thought the Wand Woods chapter was fascinating.)

Slytherin. The only reason I would ever pass Potions is because Snape is protector of Slytherin.

Was it standard to ask for preference between two as the last question?
    "'Is this new BMW-designed sled the ultimate sledding machine for Langdon and Holcomb?' Leigh Diffey asked before the pair cruised to victory. I don’t know, but I know that sled is the ultimate Olympic Games product placement.." -- Jen Chaney

vCash
    So i'm trying to brew the cure for boils potion and all is going well until the wave your wand step.....anyone? How do you wave your wand?

vCash
    Loved McGonagall's backstory.
    'Life's hard. It's even harder when you're stupid.'--John Wayne

vCash
    Awesome! I wish I'd checked back here yesterday, then I'd be able to add you all as friends. I didn't get back on the site once I got home yesterday, but I'll be on all day today (while I'm supposed to be working!). I can get on the site but our internet restrictions don't seem to allow me to search for friends, so I'll try to do it from my phone. If I can't, I'll add everyone when I get home.

I can't wait to get to the potions and spells and everything! I'm off to play!

-PumpkinNewt5946

vCash
    I was sorted into Slytherin, which surprised the heck out of me. I thought for sure I'd be Hufflepuff. Anyway, I haven't been able to spend too much time on it yet, but it sounds fun!

My wand is ebony with a dragon core, 12 1/2 inches long, quite flexible.

I'm WizardUnicorn12578

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by antmanb View Post
    So i'm trying to brew the cure for boils potion and all is going well until the wave your wand step.....anyone? How do you wave your wand?
    If you click on the wand, it should rise up and wave over the cauldron.
    "Liking this sport is ridiculous, so you’re a little different for liking it, she explained. But you’re allowed to like what you like." - Robert Samuels

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CynicElle View Post
    If you click on the wand, it should rise up and wave over the cauldron.
    I can't actually see the wand

vCash
    I found it! I thought it was just the grain of the table the ingredients were sat on!

vCash
    WalnutWillow30758, I'm in Hufflepuff
    My wand is 10 3/4 in Black Walnut with a Unicorn core, and it's Unyielding

I've completed the first book and discovered that I suck at dueling, but I can make passable potions
    I'm going to twizzle into a triple axel and spiral out of it.

Port de bras!!!
    vCash
    Is there an iPhone app for Pottermore?
    "Nature is a damp, inconvenient sort of place where birds and animals wander about uncooked."

from Speedy Death

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by IceAlisa View Post
    Given that the website is all flash I doubt an iphone app would work without using something completely different for the app than for the website.

vCash
    Just got my wand!

Sycamore with phoenix feather core, 14.5 inches, surprisingly swishy!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by IceAlisa View Post
    Given that the website is all flash I doubt an iphone app would work without using something completely different for the app than for the website.
    I don't think there's an app but I'm running it in Safari on my 4S and everything is working fine...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kwanatic View Post
    I don't think there's an app but I'm running it in Safari on my 4S and everything is working fine...
    That's good to know!

I'm getting increasingly frustrated with potion making!! It keeps telling my i'm putting the wrong amount of ingredients for one potion but i'm getting the right count when i put in the ingredient! Are the ingredients really sabotaged

vCash
    I'm getting increasingly frustrated with potion making!! It keeps telling my i'm putting the wrong amount of ingredients for one potion but i'm getting the right count when i put in the ingredient! Are the ingredients really sabotaged
    It keeps telling me I'm doing things in the wrong order. I don't know what I'm doing wrong though.

I'm pretty good at dueling though (finally figured that out).

Teenage Mutant
    vCash
    I finally had a moment to sign-up and start playing!

CentaurRune2549
    Ravenclaw
    Wand: Hawthorn, Phoenix Feather, 12 1/4 in., Brittle
    Sometimes I think I lost something really important to me, and it turns out I already ate it.

vCash
    That's good to know!

Potions were super-glitchy for me yesterday -- I was having the same problem and had to restart one about four times. At least I didn't blow up my cauldron!
    "Liking this sport is ridiculous, so you’re a little different for liking it, she explained. But you’re allowed to like what you like." - Robert Samuels

vCash
    OMG, I've been on this site ALL DAY!

I'm a Hufflepuff! I have to admit, when I saw I was sorted into Hufflepuff I was a little disappointed. Naturally, most people want to be in Gryffindor or Ravenclaw (a few, like my cousin, want to be in Slytherin), so I wasn't as happy to get Hufflepuff.

BUT...I read the welcome message, supposedly written by the Hufflepuff prefect but obviously taken from Rowling and I have to say, now I'm PROUD to be a Hufflepuff! I really like the description (trustworthy, loyal but don't step to us 'cause we'll kick your butt if we have to!). I love how Rowling dispels the myth about Hufflepuffs being the run-of-the-mill kind of people; she says Hufflepuffs are every bit as successful and smart as Ravenclaw or Gryffindor...only thing is Hufflepuffs don't boast or brag so you don't realize it as much.

More than that, I love that Rowling gives directions of where the common room is and how to get in, plus a description of what it looks like. In the books, the only common room that Harry doesn't end up seeing is Hufflepuff; they know that it's down by the kitchens but they never see it, so that was a treat to know what the room looks like.

This is so much fun! I'm having a hard time doing anything else today...

Page 7 of 30 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast