Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

vCash
    ((((((HUGS))))))) so very sorry for your loss......as a fellow cat-lover, my heart is with you. Pets truly are members of your family.

vCash
    I like the rainbow bridge concept. It is so hard losing a friend.

vCash
    Artemis, I'm so sorry. I had my beloved Sasha for 17 years. A small comfort knowing that yours didn't have to be put down in a cold, sterile vet's office. Many hugs to you. Looking forward to the Rainbow Bridge also.
    "awwww....shades of Janet Lynn" - Dick Button on anyone who makes more than one mistake in their program.

vCash
    Looking forward to the Rainbow Bridge also.
    Most of us hope to see many beloved friends waiting there.

vCash
    I'm so sorry. Lots of hugs to you.

vCash
    Sending enormous amounts of positive energy to you during this tough time.

vCash
    Artemis,
    I'm so sorry for your loss. I lost my 17 year old cat (Rudi) last year.
    It's so difficult. (((Hugs.)))

vCash
    ((((Artemis)))) sorry you lost a loved one

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Artemis@BC View Post
    ..........and she's left an enormous void in my life.

…… and when that awful feeling of burning coal in your stomach subsides, please consider routing your love to another cat, perhaps from a shelter. You gave your kittie a wonderful home and lots of love and she passed on in the most comfortable environment surrounded by loving caretakers. There are so many kitties who would love to have the same, and adopting one now, or soon, would only be a sign of respect to and expansion of the relationship shared between a feline and a human and continuation of the same love.

vCash
    Artemis, I am so sorry for your loss. My Cassie is 20 years old and I can understand, from experience, your worry as she ate less and less. My thoughts will be with you as you cope with missing her.

vCash
    Do consider another kitty. Remember it is NOT a replacement cat, it is an addition to the family. The heart is large and has many rooms.

vCash
    (((Artemis))) I'm so sorry for your loss. It always hard to lose a member of the family no matter if they have two legs or four.
    "If people are looking for guarantees, they should buy appliances at Sears and stay away from human relationships."~Prancer

Diagonally parked in a parallel universe.
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tinami Amori View Post
    …… and when that awful feeling of burning coal in your stomach subsides, please consider routing your love to another cat, perhaps from a shelter. You gave your kittie a wonderful home and lots of love and she passed on in the most comfortable environment surrounded by loving caretakers. There are so many kitties who would love to have the same, and adopting one now, or soon, would only be a sign of respect to and expansion of the relationship shared between a feline and a human and continuation of the same love.
    Yes, I will definitely be bringing another kitty into my home eventually, though obviously I'm not ready yet. We know going in that we'll amost certainly outlive our pets, but that knowledge doesn't stop us from opening our hearts and our homes to them.

And yes, it (or they) will be a shelter or rescue kitty. Sasha was an SPCA cat. It was love at first sight -- all the other kittens were just curled up in little balls sleeping, but this little tabby-tortie reached her paw out between the cage bars toward me. It was meant to be.

(So many Sashas here -- such a good cat name!)

Loving on babies!
    vCash
    As someone who has lost two of my "old girls" in the last 2 years, I know how hard it is to lose a dear and beloved friend, especially one who has been in your life for so very long. I am glad you had her for such a long time, I am glad she helped change your preconceptions about cats, and I am glad that she was loved for so very long in her life with you.
    I am free of all prejudices. I hate everyone equally.~W. C. Fields

vCash
    Sincere sympathy Artemis. This is definitely a difficult time but hopefully knowing that many of us completely understand and empathize will be of some small comfort.

I have gone through losing 2 cats now. The first cat was a stray that came to stay and was given the freedom of the great outdoors she came from. One day Missy went out and never came home so I lived through days of hoping she would turn up though at her advanced age I knew the chances were probably slim. The second was a rescued cat from the Humane Society. She was kept inside as she didn't come to us with street smarts and the highway we live on had become atrociously busy. Unfortunately keeping her safe from those dangers didn't mean a long life and we lost her at only 11 years of age. The memory of being right there with Charlie when she passed away at home will never leave me. Poor Charlie was my first in-person experience of the moment one leaves this life and I admit I was really in shock.

But both cats gave us so much and enriched our lives so we knew it was only a matter of time before we gave our hearts again to another fluffy friend. Jazz has been here now for 8 years and, I hope, for many more. She was a year old when we adopted her from the Humane Society. We will never forget our earlier cat companions but I consider it a tribute to them that we are willing to go through the inevitable all over again.

aka IceSkate98
    vCash
    (((Artemis))) I'm so sorry for your loss.
    Angie
    “I have not failed. I’ve just found 10,000 ways that won’t work.” ~ Thomas A. Edison

vCash
    Artemis, I'm so glad that you've decided to share your heart with another kitty (or kitties) at some future time. Don't know your age preference, but I'd like to suggest maybe a little more mature friend next time. Many have had loving homes and now find themselves left behind for whatever reason. They're accustomed to being around people and most are litterbox trained. They're just looking for a chance to make yet another family happy. Just a suggestion.

vCash
    Sorry Artemis for your loss.
    “Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none.” William Shakespeare

Thunder & Lightning!!!
    vCash
    I am so sorry for your loss.

Our last two pets were both showing signs of illness and seemed to be in pain. We had started to talk about the inevitable when both of them made the decision for us and passed on peacfully.

It is never easy losing a pet. To us they were not just "pets" but members of our family.
    Peace & Love, Gypsy
    Even a man who is pure in heart and says his prayers by night, may become a wolf when the wolfbane blooms and the autumn moon is bright.

vCash
    I often tell people who say they dislike cats that they simply hadn't met the right one yet. It sounds like you met the right cat and gave her a wonderful home for many years - every pet should be so lucky. It's so sad to lose a pet who's been a part of your life for so long; I hope that eventually you'll find another kitty to love.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast