Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Beach Bum
    vCash
    I am so sorry Artemis.
    I think I will have a snack and take a nap before I eat and go to sleep.

having a nice day
    vCash
    it's horrible feeling when your old beloved cat is gone, for sure. cry some, then think of all the wonderful times you had together, then cry some more. it's okay. (((((big hugs to you))))))

vCash
    So sorry that you have lost your dearly loved Sasha. I know how much it must hurt. May memories of happy times comfort you. And may your next feline family members be just as special in their own ways.

vCash
    (((Artemis))) I am so sorry. Our cat is 17 now and I know it will be a terrible loss when she goes. She has been such a dear friend to me as I know Sasha was to you. I know she will never be replaced, but I hope one day you will have another wonderful feline friend in your life.

vCash
    (((Artemis))) I'm sorry for your loss.

Quote Originally Posted by Artemis@BC View Post
    It happened so fast. She'd been eating less than usual for a couple of months now, but not enough to be alarming. Then on Sunday or Monday she stopped eating altogether, and by Tuesday she could barely move. We had an appointment for the vet on Wednesday afternoon, the earliest I could get, and all Tuesday night I was pretty sure what was coming, and tried to prepare myself for it.

Well, she made the decision herself. When I came home Wednesday afternoon to take her to the vet ... she was already gone. So much better for her that she just slipped away, and at home. And no agonizing decision for me to make. But coming home and finding her like that ... well that was just about the worst I've ever had to encounter.

As devastated as I'm feeling right now, I'm trying hard to focus on how extremely blessed I was to have had such a wonderful creature in my life for 19 years. She was my first cat (I'd been "a dog person" previously), and she shattered any preconceptions I'd had about cats. She was so loving and affectionate, never held a grudge, and was a perfect companion. She was tiny in stature but huge in personality, and she's left an enormous void in my life.

vCash
    Artemis - my recent aquisition is a bratty grey tabby that entertains my 13 year old daughter, I don't have the same "spiritual" sense with my former cat but the 2 play like little kids. I feel like I've given some of my self up for my DD to have a playmate. She is an only child and I like the cat a lot but me and the cat are not like soul mates. We tolerate each other...Oh hell, I given up everything to have a child...
    "awwww....shades of Janet Lynn" - Dick Button on anyone who makes more than one mistake in their program.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234