Page 6 of 23 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by beepbeep View Post
    Me likes the sound of this

Did Dean choreograph it?
    In this article http://www.ifsmagazine.com/articles/...d-paul-poirier, Paul says they are going to work with C. Dean on choreography, so I gues that is a "yes" to your question.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kppt View Post
    I've been told that Piper tested her FD this week (and passed), and that the music is a mixture of Imagination from Willy Wonka, and Sweet Dreams by the Eurhythmics.
    Thanks for updating us on their music!!

Do you know if the Pure Imagination song from Willy Wonka is the Gene Wilder version? I know there is a Glee version and one by Maroon 5 too. The Sweet Dreams is the Eurhythmics version? There's a version a slower and haunting version of Sweet Dreams I like from the Sucker Punch soundtrack. I am just imagining how the songs will flow, but I do like the choices.

vCash
    Yes, he did. The straight line lift is quite interesting. They will compete the free dance in Barrie 2 weeks from today

vCash
    More info can be found on icedanceelite.com look under news at the bottom of the page.

vCash
    Paul and Piper's names are removed from the Octoberfest roster. Does anyone know what's going on?

I was so looking forward to seeing their programs.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mineko View Post
    Paul and Piper's names are removed from the Octoberfest roster. Does anyone know what's going on?

I was so looking forward to seeing their programs.
    Are you sure? They are listed under the FD, 2nd in the 2nd flight. Paul/Islam in the SD, and Gilles/Poirier in the FD. If anything, the Barrie competition has gotten even more interesting with the addition of the S6 Canadian team and S5 US team. There are now 7 teams listed.

vCash
    Oops! Sorry, my mistake. I didn't know that skaters were allowed to enter into one category (SD) or the other (FD).

It turned out that I checked the SD category and erroneously concluded that P/P wouldn't be attending. Their names are on the FD category.

Thanks, NothernDancers.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by hlp728 View Post
    In this article http://www.ifsmagazine.com/articles/...d-paul-poirier, Paul says they are going to work with C. Dean on choreography, so I gues that is a "yes" to your question.
    I'd like to know why Team Poirier/Team Lane are so into working with Dean. I mean, it didn't work out too well for Crone & Poirier last season, did it? Hopefully Dean won't go too intellectual or abstract with Gilles and Poirier. I also hope Paul will have better chemistry with Piper than he had with Vanessa.

Hey, Kool-Aid!
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafter View Post
    I'd like to know why Team Poirier/Team Lane are so into working with Dean. I mean, it didn't work out too well for Crone & Poirier last season, did it? Hopefully Dean won't go too intellectual or abstract with Gilles and Poirier. I also hope Paul will have better chemistry with Piper than he had with Vanessa.
    I find Dean's choreography a bit self-indulgent. It's interesting but I'm left with the feeling he should be skating to it with Jane. He doesn't seem to take into account the personalities of those he choreographs for so the work is soulless.
    Tessa and Scott: Thank you

vCash
    I understand Marbri's point butI think that C/P's Beatles FD was the best choreographed FD of last season.

Ask the judges why they dumped them so cruelly at Worlds...
    Last edited by Ziggy; 10-12-2011 at 02:59 AM.

Fending off those velocity raptors inside the LHC...with a crossbow
    vCash
    I read the criticism somewhere last season that there were quite a lot of crossovers in C/P's Beatles program. I haven't checked the video myself.

vCash
    I completely agree that CD's choreography has always looked best on himself and Jane. The skaters have to make themselves fit his choreography instead of him creating choreography that fits the skater.hmmm..As soon as I say that , I think it's not exactly right... Another way of putting it is that I feel CD's inspiration comes from within, something that comes out of him listening to the music. He doesn't seem to be inspired by the particular skaters he's working with , they seem incidental to his creation

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ziggy View Post
    I understand Marbri's point butI think that C/P's Beatles FD was the best choreographed FD of last season.

Ask the judges why they dumped them so cruelly at Worlds...
    ITA - my favorite FD as well. And the reason why they didnt score higher with it at Worlds was not the program IMO but their performance of it. Vanessa especially was just not "on" in Moscow. At the time I thought she might have been injured, but then they split up, so I wonder if there was some tension between them and this was impacting their performance and causing mistakes, both SD and FD.

vCash
    Well this team just had their competitive debut and it was quite impressive. FD score of 91.09. If anyone has any video would you please post.

vCash
    Say all you want about Dean's choreography, when your Transition Component (in FD this component is factored at 1.75) is your highest mark I think the quality of the work is very clear.

vCash
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/janetli...7627910799508/

No video, but I did take photos. I really like this free dance, especially given how short a time they have been skating together.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jeb View Post
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/janetli...7627910799508/

No video, but I did take photos. I really like this free dance, especially given how short a time they have been skating together.
    What's their music?

With those scores this team is off to a great start!

vCash
    I can't wait to see their FD!!! Interesting look for her from hair to bloomers. Music I think is Pure Imagination from Willy Wonka and Sweet Dreams from Eurhythmics. Curious about their FD concept too.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tak View Post
    What's their music?

With those scores this team is off to a great start!
    Cast your eyes up-thread...

I <3 Kozuka
    vCash
    I never thought the work Dean did for her brother and Summersett looked liked he and Jayne Torvill should be skating it.
    "'Is this new BMW-designed sled the ultimate sledding machine for Langdon and Holcomb?' Leigh Diffey asked before the pair cruised to victory. I don’t know, but I know that sled is the ultimate Olympic Games product placement.." -- Jen Chaney

Page 6 of 23 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast