Page 12 of 23 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast
    vCash
    To the ying/yang comparisons with the top skaters:

In Canada:

V/M: absolutely ying/yang
    - Virtue is naturally quieter, and doesn't go out of her way to find the lime light. She's sweet and tough all at the same time. She is interested in the packaging of the team, and is a pretty good choreographer. She's the emotional grounding in the team.
    - Moir wears his emotions on his sleeve - angry, happy,.... you'll know. He likes to joke around, and is very outgoing and gregarious. He's always been that way. He's a natural leader. He is very much the technician. He's the excitement and energy in the team.

W/P: absolutely ying/yang
    - Weaver is tough and fierce and determined. She's not shy in the least. She knows what she wants, and is not afraid to go after this. She's disciplined. She's actually a lot nicer than people sometimes make her out to be. She's just a strong, talented, smart woman.
    - Poje is much more laid back in his personality. He provides a good foil for all that strength. He doesn't take himself too seriously. He's much more quiet, a little shy, and likes to have fun.

P/I: mostly ying/yang
    - he's a little less gregarious than Moir, but they really do have some of that same dynamic. It's not as pronounced, but definitely there.

R/H: not quite as familiar with these 2 personally, but I think they are along the same lines.

H/G: mostly ying/yang
    - he's pretty gregarious, she not as much so

vCash
    What I think is most unfair about the Ice Dance results is that it looks like Paul Poirier and Piper Gilles won't get to go to Worlds this year because she hasn't been 'released' by the U.S. yet. Why not? She's been skating with him since last Summer.

It's not fair that someone else should get the spot that they earned.

I <3 Kozuka
    vCash
    They didn't earn a spot to any ISU competition, because they aren't eligible for ISU competition. They chose to compete at Canadian Nationals, where they earned a spot on the podium, before they were eligible for ISU competition.

If you want to argue that the USFS release policies are unfair to the althletes, I would agree with you.
    "The team doesn't get automatic capacity because management is mad" -- Greg Smith, agile guy

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by The Observer View Post
    What I think is most unfair about the Ice Dance results is that it looks like Paul Poirier and Piper Gilles won't get to go to Worlds this year because she hasn't been 'released' by the U.S. yet. Why not? She's been skating with him since last Summer.

It's not fair that someone else should get the spot that they earned.

The only thing not fair is how Paul treated Vanessa.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by smithie View Post
    Yes, unceremoneously dumped, I heard
    Addicted to FSU

vCash
    Lol, I'm sorry, I just had to laugh at this. Seems so ironic, there are always two sides of the story... just sayin...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ltnskater View Post
    Lol, I'm sorry, I just had to laugh at this. Seems so ironic, there are always two sides of the story... just sayin...

Ltnskater - your bias has been very clear in your recent posts - so what you say here is taken with a very big grain of salt. It is not at all surprising that you were the first to post in this vein.

And you are right there are two sides to the story and then there is the truth.
    Last edited by smithie; 01-26-2012 at 02:38 PM.

vCash
    Ltnskater - your bias has been very clear in your recent posts - so what you say here is taken with a very big grain of salt. It is not at all surprising that you were the first to post in this vein.

And you are right there are two sides to the story and then there is the truth.
    OK, I got confused because I thought it was Vanessa who initiated the breakup of that pairing. Am I remembering wrong or confusing it with Dube and Davidson. Getting old with swiss cheese memory really sucks.
    Crazy about sports!

I <3 Kozuka
    vCash
    Reported here was that Crone wanted to leave their coach and go to one with more politiks, which pretty much means outside Canada, and Poirier wouldn't leave Lane and Canada, where he's still a university student.

That's hardly treating someone badly.
    "The team doesn't get automatic capacity because management is mad" -- Greg Smith, agile guy

Argle-Bargle-ist
    vCash
    Well, I heard that she made fun of his clothes and hair and he didn't laugh at her jokes and then she would sometimes borrow his CD's and not return them on time and that he sometimes ate food off her plate and that she wore perfumes that were not his favourite and that he farted once and that she once wore her hair down when he liked it up! But I'm not sure if any of this is true. Maybe not. But.....................
    It's official. I am madly in love with Meryl Davis.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PeterG View Post
    Well, I heard that she made fun of his clothes and hair and he didn't laugh at her jokes and then she would sometimes borrow his CD's and not return them on time and that he sometimes ate food off her plate and that she wore perfumes that were not his favourite and that he farted once and that she once wore her hair down when he liked it up! But I'm not sure if any of this is true. Maybe not. But.....................
    Very Likely
    Addicted to FSU

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PeterG View Post
    We must have the same

I heard this too!

vCash
    Ltnskater - your bias has been very clear in your recent posts - so what you say here is taken with a very big grain of salt.
    I think the same could be said right back to you. A review of your posting history shows that most of your previous posts were spent bashing Kaitlyn Weaver when she got her citizenship. Now you're upset with Paul for the way the partnership ended and have other recent posts saying how unfair that neither Vanessa nor Keiffer could get a release. I wonder where your biases are?

I know nothing about what happened and have no horse in the game, but if you are going to accuse other people of having biases, you might want to look at yourself first.

vCash
    /

vCash
    Unless people have first-hand knowledge of why they split, I don't think we should be making conclusions.

Paul has always spoken very well of Vanessa in public and kept whatever disagreements they may have had private. He spoke very well of her in a long French interview he did on their partnership last year.

Incidentally, considering the connection Paul's coach Carol Lane has with Christopher Dean, it makes sense that he would want to keep that asset.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by The Observer View Post
    Unless people have first-hand knowledge of why they split, I don't think we should be making conclusions.
    EXACTLY!!!

vCash

vCash
    I'm a little disappointed as there isn't near the level of voids of last year's FD, and it doesn't have the same impact overall, but they have improved. They move more as a unit and their unison is clearly better.

They look good, I just wish I could be more excited about the FD. After last year, theirs was one of the few I was really looking forward too seeing.

Crazy Stalker Lady
    vCash
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D0pvq...1&feature=plcp
    link to PJ's interview with G&P

Not a fan of their FD music, but some interesting choreo, except for the extremely awkward opening pose.

Thanks for the link to the FD jl22aries
    My travel and adventure blog http://alisonanddon.wordpress.com

vCash
    What an interresting FD. Like how all lifts goes with the music and didnt look so acrobatic, but i am sure will have level 4. Thanks, PJ!

Page 12 of 23 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast