Thread: Question

vCash

Question

Hi. As I have mentioned before, you guys know everything and come from so may different walks of life, so............

I ran across a bond certificate from 1986 while I was looking for something else. It came from one of those "sit through a presentation to see if you want to join this resort" things. We really didn't go to get anything out of it, just someting to do on a Saturday. Apparently (geez, who remembers), they gave me a certificate that would mature at $1,000 in 20 years.

I have looked for the company online. They are on a general corporation page, but there are two other companies listed for that exact address (long gone, I suppose).

So...........how do I find out if this thing is real or still valid or worth anything or whatever? Any ideas? Thanks.

Susan

vCash

vCash
    Call them?

vCash
    Answer
    When you are up to your arse in alligators it is difficult to remember you were only meant to be draining the swamp.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Aussie Willy View Post
    Answer

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by FigureSpins View Post
    Thanks. I put a message on their website.

And to the poster who said "call them" - uh, call who? The company and the bank on the certificate do not exist anymore.

vCash
    You might have to pay a fee to track it down, unfortunately. I had an aunt that found a stock certificate of her father's when she was moving. It was 40+ years old and no one could find the company. She paid the fee for the research, hoping the company had been acquired by another firm, but no such luck. At the time, it was only a $20 fee, but I don't know what the going rate is today.

Good luck.