vCash

Do you have to be a competitive Test Skater to join a Skating Club?

Ok. I went Skating today and picked up the paper that talks about what you get by becoming a Member of my Rink. My question is...is that only for serious competitive Skaters? Or is it something were I could just walk in,tell them I wanted to become a Member,and I could sign up by just someone who uses the Rink?

vCash
    It may depend on the club. My club allows anyone...even if you don't skate at all. A special skater (special Olympic eligible) gets free membership, but that is not common.
    Last edited by Skittl1321; 07-25-2011 at 04:05 AM.

vCash
    Most clubs will let anyone join. There may be different levels of membership. My club has a cheaper membership for skaters who don't test or compete. Read that paper and check out the list of what members get. If there's nothing that you would use, then it's not worth it for you to spend the money to join.

vCash
    most of the clubs allow everyone to be a member. It helps support the club.
    softball

vCash
    Most clubs will allow anyone to join.
    When you are up to your arse in alligators it is difficult to remember you were only meant to be draining the swamp.

“It is far more important to have a good judge than a possible conflict of interest." - Ottavio Cinquanta
    vCash
    If you don't compete or test clubs have a "social membership" which is normally about half the price and allows you to go to all the club parties. It doesn't include club ice though.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by leafygreens View Post
    If you don't compete or test clubs have a "social membership" which is normally about half the price and allows you to go to all the club parties. It doesn't include club ice though.
    Club parties? What kind of things does your club do?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by FSWer View Post
    Ok. I went Skating today and picked up the paper that talks about what you get by becoming a Member of my Rink. My question is...is that only for serious competitive Skaters? Or is it something were I could just walk in,tell them I wanted to become a Member,and I could sign up by just someone who uses the Rink?
    My club is always desperate for volunteers to work at test sessions, competitions and to monitor freestyle sessions. Plus clubs always need money. I can't believe any club would turn away a dues paying member whether you skate or not. If you volunteer (it doesn't require any experience) they would think you are an angel.

“It is far more important to have a good judge than a possible conflict of interest." - Ottavio Cinquanta
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Skittl1321 View Post
    Club parties? What kind of things does your club do?
    My first club was really small but they still had seasonal parties with snacks & food at the rink. Once a year they would have a banquet at a fancy place and present awards. If you join a bigger club they may even have more activities than that.

vCash
    Interesting. I don't know if my current club does anything like that at all. I know my former club had an after-show party and an end of year banquet.