Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Uncle Dick's Beyotch!
    vCash

2011-12 TV - New shows you're looking forward to watching

Is it too soon to talk about the new TV season? When I went to see Harry Potter, I saw the preview for Terra Nova and Once Upon a Time, and it got me excited for all of the potentially good shows that are coming this fall/winter.

My picks that I'm looking forward to:

Once Upon a Time (just from the preview)

Terra Nova (it's got dinosaurs)

Person of Interest (mainly because of Michael Emerson)

Grimm (interesting spin on police procedurals)

The Secret Circle (I'm a sucker for witch stories)

Revenge (anything described as "loosely based on the Count of Monte Cristo" will get a look-see from me)

Ringer (thriller involving Sarah Michelle Gellar)

What about you?

Top Secret FSU Witness Protection Location
    vCash
    I am interested in the one with Patrick Wilson where he runs into an old friend but it turns out she had been dead for a couple of weeks. I like him so I will watch just because he is in it but the story itself will have to keep me watching.
    -Brian
    "Michelle would never be caught with sausage grease staining her Vera Wang." - rfisher

drinky typo pbp, closet hugger
    vCash
    right now Ringer is the only one on my radar.
    Q: Why can't I read the competition threads?
    A: Competition forums on the board are available to those with a Season Pass or a premium membership How to View Kiss & Cry

Re-registered User
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bostonfan View Post
    Once Upon a Time (just from the preview)

Terra Nova (it's got dinosaurs)
    I'm looking forward to both of these. They are running the preview for Terra Nova way too much though- I hope it doesn't turn people off.

But what I'm most excited about is Season 3 of Misfits, even though Robert Sheehan isn't returning. And I'm also really looking forward to Season 5 of Doc Martin. They are running the past seasons on PBS right now, and it's brilliant. It's like House crossed with Raising Ned Devine. If you haven't seen it, check out the series opener.
    Last edited by rjblue; 07-25-2011 at 01:47 AM.
    ‎"You emerge victorious from the maze you've been travelling in." Oct 21,2012- Best Fortune Cookie Ever!

vCash
    Will probably check out Person of Interest.
    Charter member of the "We Always Believed in Ashley" Club and the "We Believe in Ricky" Club

vCash
    "Alcatraz" and "Person of Interest" because JJ Abrams is involved and "Terra Nova" and "Smash" because Steven Spielberg is involved. "Once Upon a Time" and "Grimm" just for trying to something more adult with fairytales. And PBS/Ken Burns documentary "Prohibition." (I think) And the HBO series "Enlightened" if it does premier this year: I have no idea what the storyline is on this series but I'll always give a HBO series a shot.

Diagonally parked in a parallel universe.
    vCash
    Haven't looked into any of the new shows yet, but I did see a very brief trailer for Pan Am. My first impression was that it looks like they're trying to tap into the popularity of Mad Men. But that era was visually very appealing, so I might tune into the first episode just for that.

vCash
    Ringer is about the only one I am interested in as of now.
    Team Peeps!

vCash
    I saw a preview of "Once Upon a Time" last night and may tune in. I'll probably give "Smash" a try, but I don't know if it'll hold my interest.
    A: Competition forums on the board are available to those with a Season Pass or a premium membership How to View Kiss & Cry

vCash
    Terra Nova but of course if I like it then that means it will be cancelled. LOL
    “Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none.” William Shakespeare

Sending my thoughts and prayers to the people of Elliott Lake :(
    vCash
    I love Maria Bello, but she's got big, big shoes to try and fill in the Prime Suspect "remake" (!?! Not sure if that's the right term for TV) I'll be tuning in to see how she does and what the show's like.

Other than Terra Nova and Pan Am, there's not much new I'm that interested in.

Oh and I'm also really looking forward to Anderson, Anderson Cooper's foray to Daytime Talk TV. Say or think what you will about Oprah, she did do shows on really tough issues that most talk shows wouldn't touch w/a ten thousand foot pole. I've been worried w/the end of her show who would do those kind of shows now?

Most seem to have the "thought" our World is tough enough as it is, so let's have nothing but happy, happy, goody, goody filled shows. Well, that and they're so scared of losing their audience, so "just in case why bother...". I'm hoping that w/Anderson's profile/known to go after hard hitting stuff w/compassion, he'll be able to pull off doing the "nice and happy" shows, along w/the hard hitting stuff that needs to be shown even though it won't be easy to watch.

At least I hope so.

vCash
    New Girl (I love Zooey D. )
    Terra Nova

vCash
    The only show I'm madly enthused about is BBC's Sherlock, of which series 2 is currently being filmed.

Satisfied skating fan
    vCash
    Terra Nova, Prime Suspect, the expanded version of the Sing Off

although it isn't new, fall brings the new season of Sons of Anarchy
    Adelina Sotnikova defeated the curse of Esta She is indeed the Greatest Of All Time!

vCash
    As I mentioned before, I'm looking forward to SMG's Ringer.......but I just discovered ABC Family's The Lying Game, which is pretty much the same premise, but with teenagers instead of adults.

The Lying Game just started a couple weeks ago, and while the first episode was a bit hokey, the second one was way better and I'm now hooked. it's based on a series of YA books by the same author who created Pretty Little Liars (lying seems to be a big theme for her ).

I'm still planning to watch Ringer, and the fact I can watch it in real time instead of waiting for it to show up on hulu (no cable) is a bonus...but I wonder if getting a few weeks lead time will hurt Ringer's chances to find an audience? Seems like a lot of the CW audience would also watch ABC Family shows.

vCash
    Ringer and Grimm - because I'll give anything that has a Mutant Enemy connection a look see (SMG & David Greenwalt). Also, I'll give The New Girl a try, but I'm not a sitcom watcher generally. So far, that's really all I can think of.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sofia Alexandra View Post
    The only show I'm madly enthused about is BBC's Sherlock, of which series 2 is currently being filmed.
    Thank God Thank God Thank God Thank God---I went back and watched the first season and I just love this series. I've said it recently in another thread but it bears repeating as it is so cleverly written, so well acted and shows off modern London beautifully. I cannot wait!!

vCash
    I'm interested in both Revenge and Ringer. I think both seem really interesting, so we'll see what actually happens.
    Logic is in the eye of the logician --Gloria Steinem

vCash
    I want to see The New Girl and Ringer, especially now that Logan Echolls will be in it.
    Adelina Sotnikova is the 2014 Olympic champion!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by oleada View Post
    I want to see The New Girl and Ringer, especially now that Logan Echolls will be in it.
    I just read that on EW's site!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast