Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

The Streaker at the Sun Valley Ice Show

I hadn't seen a thread about this.

http://www.mtexpress.com/index2.php?ID=2005137631

My favorite part -
    The streaker has been described as a man in his mid-20s, but no one interviewed for this story could provide a description of his face.

vCash
    Haha, I'd be laughing but if I were a child I'd be mortified.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by A.H.Black View Post
    I hadn't seen a thread about this.

http://www.mtexpress.com/index2.php?ID=2005137631

My favorite part -
    Mid 20's, that's pretty big. Like a baby's arm holding an orange.
    I guess the hard thing for a lot of people to accept is why God would allow me to go running through their yards, yelling and spinning around.

vCash
    I posted a shorter version of the news in Evan't news and update thread a week ago.

http://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/show...=74062&page=36

The streaker surely attracted a lot more media exposure than the real star of the show. Maybe it's just like what Donald Trump said, "There's no such thing as Over Exposure".

vCash
    From what I remember about the SV rink is that he had a way to go to get to the condos! I can't believe he didn't slip on the ice in flip flops. Musta been a curler
    "awwww....shades of Janet Lynn" - Dick Button on anyone who makes more than one mistake in their program.

vCash
    I had to laugh that they included a definition of the word "streaker" in the article.
    Logic is in the eye of the logician --Gloria Steinem

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ryanbfan View Post
    Haha, I'd be laughing but if I were a child I'd be mortified.
    I was there. In my area, the parents were mortified, but the little girls were laughing hysterically and snapping pictures. It was funny, but not an especially pretty sight. Just glad no one fell (since there were a lot of people on the ice at that time) and that security did not chase him onto the ice.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by skatemommy View Post
    From what I remember about the SV rink is that he had a way to go to get to the condos! I can't believe he didn't slip on the ice in flip flops. Musta been a curler
    Boy, he must have ran pretty slow across the ice on flip flops. That means that everyone in the audience had plenty of time to see everyting. EVERYTHING.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KCC View Post
    I was there. In my area, the parents were mortified, but the little girls were laughing hysterically and snapping pictures. It was funny, but not an especially pretty sight. Just glad no one fell (since there were a lot of people on the ice at that time) and that security did not chase him onto the ice.
    I think if I had been there, I would have been mildly disgusted myself. I figured people would take pictures and videos. That's why I'm a little surprised that no one has a description of his face.

vCash
    I guess no one was looking at his face. What about the pix the little girls snapped? No one got a face shot? lmao

Prick Admin
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KCC View Post
    I was there. In my area, the parents were mortified, but the little girls were laughing hysterically and snapping pictures.
    Sounds like the parents and children I know. PML.
    To think that fun is simple fun, while earnest things are earnest, proves all too plain that neither one thou truthfully discernest.

Left in the Kiss-n-Cry
    vCash
    A streaker? What is this 1974???

I could understand it as a publicity stunt if it were a major event, like Worlds. But a Sun Valley Ice show? That seems rather random.
    I meant to take the high road.... but I missed the exit.

vCash
    Although a streaker appearing in the ice show is seen as a laughing matter, it´s also very serious. It definetely shows a very lacking security in the event. And the streaker was not even caught, oh my. Yes, this time it was just a funny streaker running onto the ice, but what about if it had been somebody with a gun?
    Last edited by Jaana; 07-27-2011 at 11:43 AM.

vCash
    Dan Hollander posted a video of the Sun Valley streaker on his blog:

http://danhollander.com/sun-valley-a...-evan-lysacek/

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaana View Post
    Although a streaker appearing in the ice show is seen as a laughing matter, it´s also very serious. It definetely shows a very lacking security in the event. And the streaker was not even caught, oh my. Yes, this time it was just a funny streaker running onto the ice, but what about if it had been somebody with a gun?
    No type of security measure could weed out potential streaker at any event. What would you be screening for? It think it's harmless anyway, provided of course the streaker doesn't directly intefere with a skater's performance. For more serious things like carrying a gun, I would hope that the big event venues have the customers go through some sort of checkpoints before entering the venues.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SkateFan66 View Post
    Dan Hollander posted a video of the Sun Valley streaker on his blog:

http://danhollander.com/sun-valley-a...-evan-lysacek/
    Oi, I didn't realize the streaker ran out on the ice right in the middle of the group performance. One of the male skaters could've tackle him.

vCash
    For more serious things like carrying a gun, I would hope that the big event venues have the customers go through some sort of checkpoints before entering the venues.
    The rink in Sun Valley (for shows) is outdoors. I haven't been there in years, but there was never any security when I used to go every summer. Maybe things have changed since then, and they now establish some kind of perimeter around the area through which everyone must pass, but the layout of the area isn't exactly conducive to security.

And there is a big cluster of condos within a hundred yards of the rink.

My old dance partner was there to judge for the tests, and was planning on going to the show. Can't wait to hear his take on it.

vCash
    There was no real security at this event, but this show attracts a mild-mannered crowd, even for figure skating. Not sure what the girls captured on film, most likely a butt (given where we were seated). Those seated on the sides of the rink got more of a frontal view, which is just not something you want to see on ice. My guess is that this guy won a bet with someone, but there is not enough alcohol or money in the world for me to subject a crowd to that kind of visual. Honestly, it reminded me of some kind of "Pee-wee Herman" sort of stunt -- startling at the time, but not anything one would feel they missed out on if they were on a coffee run at the time.

vCash
    Where is the line drawn between streaker and stalker? Remember the attack on Monica Seles? The potentials frighten me.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jot the Dot Dot View Post
    Where is the line drawn between streaker and stalker?
    Clothing.

(Sorry, I couldn't resist. I know you were making a serious point.)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast