Page 24 of 24 FirstFirst ... 14222324

vCash
    I haven't read any of the articles but all of the news stories i've heard on TV and radio are all prefaced with "according to the family". The results of the toxicology report have only been made available to the family and this is all they are saying about it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Kasey View Post
    As far as I understand it, if alcohol is present, there can't be withdrawals. And usually, withdrawals/DT's kick in several days after the last drink; so if it was found in her system, I would doubt that would be ascribed as the cause of death.
    I thought that, as well, when I read the article. I figured that if they found alcohol in her system, that ruled out death from withdrawal.

I suppose that her family may be keeping some information private. If so, I think they have that right. Amy is gone. Everyone knows she lead a hard and painful life. If they want the public to believe that she had gotten better, in the end, why not accept it?

Port de bras!!!
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Kasey View Post
    As far as I understand it, if alcohol is present, there can't be withdrawals. And usually, withdrawals/DT's kick in several days after the last drink; so if it was found in her system, I would doubt that would be ascribed as the cause of death.
    Thanks, that's an excellent point.
    "Nature is a damp, inconvenient sort of place where birds and animals wander about uncooked."

from Speedy Death

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BigB08822 View Post
    Isn't this all coming from the family? Her parents haven't proven to be the best or most reliable people in the World. She could have swallowed 1000 pills that night, none of which may have been illegal. I still doubt she just dropped dead or died from withdrawal.
    What have they said that wasn't true? I thought her father was the one who was very open about her drug problems and wanting to get her help and not having her go on tour this summer.

Also, not that wikipedia is necessarily a great authority, but it says you can have withdrawal not only when you stop drinking alcohol, but also when you reduce your alcohol intake. But, the family's statement from this week doesn't say she died from withdrawal. It also doesn't say she had stopped drinking.

I don't think anyone yet knows the cause of her death. It's certainly possible that she died from taking a bunch of prescription pills. But, I also think it is entirely possible that she didn't take any mind-altering substances -- legal or illegal -- besides alcohol the day that she died. She had done a lot of damage to her body and was susceptible not only to withdrawal and overdosing, but other problems.

Also, if the coroner is going to make the cause of death public, I don't see why the family would lie if they know already that something like cocaine or heroin killed her.

vCash
    I choose to believe her family, simply because I want to.
    It made my fee a little better for her family when I heard this on tv.
    Sure it is really really sad if she died from the damage she had done to her body over the years, but, it's better than having her die from ODing.
    And don't forget she had emphezima(sp). That could have killed her if it was worse than we were told.
    The girl is dead before her time, a wonderful artist is lost. It doesn't matter why she died, she is still gone. RIP Amy.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Latte View Post
    The girl is dead before her time, a wonderful artist is lost. It doesn't matter why she died, she is still gone. RIP Amy.
    This. Winehouse was the real deal IMO. I'm still so sad that she is gone. Her stunning voice and music will stay with us. RIP Amy, I love you.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WbVp09E1LRg

vCash

Alcohol Killed Amy?

Bumping this thread because these reports are coming out that the coroner's report will say it was alcohol that killed her: http://www.contactmusic.com/news/amy...ed-her_1252695

vCash
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-15453517

Yes, It was alcohol. She had a high level of alcohol in her blood - over 5 times drink-drive limit.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Lacey View Post
    If she had a prescription drug, like an "innocent" anti-depressant, she could have died if she mixed this with alcohol.
    Or twenty or so vicodin...all legal...
    DH - and that's just my opinion

vCash
    With a blood alcohol level as high as hers was (nearly 20% higher than what is considered a "fatal" level), she wouldn't have had to take any sort of drug, legal or otherwise, to have caused her death. Very sad that she wasn't able to overcome her addiction.
    Last edited by skatingfan5; 10-26-2011 at 07:09 PM.

vCash
    It's sad she couldn't overcome her addiction. I just heard about this on NPR. Just sad.
    "If people are looking for guarantees, they should buy appliances at Sears and stay away from human relationships."~Prancer

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by AxelAnnie View Post
    Or twenty or so vicodin...all legal...
    No, it was alcohol. Drugs (legal or otherwise) weren't even mentioned in the verdict. There were 3 empty vodka bottles in her room and her blood alcohol level was so high that it suppressed her respiratory system.
    One day your life will flash before your eyes. Make sure it's worth watching.

vCash
    The alcohol levels in the UK articles are per liter. Anyone know what the US equivalent for blood alcohol level is? Anything over .4, without treatment is lethal.

vCash
    I wasn't nice, she was very very sick.
    Last edited by Lacey; 10-26-2011 at 11:38 PM.

vCash
    She had 5 times the legal limit. Around 40! if legal limit is .08. She was feeling no pain.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cupid View Post
    She had 5 times the legal limit. Around 40! if legal limit is .08. She was feeling no pain.
    The legal limit in the UK is 0.05.
    One day your life will flash before your eyes. Make sure it's worth watching.

vCash
    I don't know how she swallowed that much. A normal person would have passed out long before they could down that much liquor.
    Poor Amy. So much talent wasted. Such a life wasted.

Page 24 of 24 FirstFirst ... 14222324