Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

vCash

New Tara Lipinski interview

Aunt Joyce interviewed Tara yesterday.

http://auntjoycesicecreamstand.blogs...ew-part-1.html

vCash
    A refreshing interview. I loved that many of the questions were not the typical safe stuff you've heard asked a million times already, and Tara seemed quite open to answer them honestly.

vCash
    I like this part:
    AJ: You were known for wanting to win, but there is an interview of you saying that you ‘just wanted to be fifth or sixth’ at ’97 Worlds. Did you have media training to learn how to say that?

TL: Oh, I was totally lying!
    "Marge, if you're going to get mad at me every time I do something stupid, then I guess I'm just going to have to stop doing stupid things!" - Homer Simpson in the Mr. Plow episode

vCash

vCash
    Someone had told me that my Little Women dress made me look fat
    I can call the moon a pear, but it doesn't make it so. -- kwanfan1818

vCash
    Back when Dave Lease posted on GGMB, he posted "interviews" that were not really interviews. I'd wait a bit before believing these words are Tara's.
    Keeper of Nathalie Pechelat's bitchface.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by falling_dance View Post
    Seriously. That had to come from one of the most absurd advocates of eating disorders.

vCash
    Yeah, I'm not sure sure that the actual word "fat" was actually used back then toward the 13 years old Tara. I'm sure there were suggestions back then that maybe the dress didn't flatter her, and perhaps the Lapinksi interpreted it as fat.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coco View Post
    Back when Dave Lease posted on GGMB, he posted "interviews" that were not really interviews. I'd wait a bit before believing these words are Tara's.
    That is unfounded, and these are Lipinski's responses from a phone interview conducted yesterday. If you want to discredit someone, then you can start with me.

Furthermore, Lipinski is not shy about having her lawyers request inaccurate statements be taken down from websites. She has done so in the past. I assure you this interview was legitimate and the fact that it will not be removed will lend more than enough support to its validity.

Port de bras!!!
    vCash
    Tara is a breath of fresh air.
    "Nature is a damp, inconvenient sort of place where birds and animals wander about uncooked."

from Speedy Death

vCash
    It seems clear from the interactions between Aunt Joyce and Tara Lipinski on Twitter, that he did in fact schedule and conduct an interview with her.

Kostner Softie
    vCash
    TL: I haven’t really tried triples since I’ve been back. Actually, scratch that! I did a triple toe after I got back from the tribute show in December. I’m not letting that get away! I did do one.

Once a Tara always a Tara

vCash
    There was some good info not in Edge of Glory. I am sure that was what the book referred to. And she talked about Kwan having a flutz. There was a real "No she didn't!" about that in that book and reports and articles at the time.

I do hear her in her commentary talking about why Miki Ando for example was not doing her hardest jumps against Kim and thought maybe there could have been more about that.

YEAH!
    vCash
    I love her regret over not having a Lalique crystal trophy for her house.

vCash
    "I hate Lalique"

vCash
    AJ: Discuss the scream… Are you normally a yeller in life?

TL: <snip> I don’t even remember being in the Kiss and Cry. The scream was not normal for me. Oh man, it just keeps on going.

vCash
    Great interview! I'm surprised so many people hated her Olympic SP dress, I still think it was gorgeous.

I wish some of the current US ladies could have just a little bit of Tara's drive.

vCash
    What an interview, this is huge. I must say I have a new found respect for Tara, she had unbelievable drive and determination and that, IMO is what helped her to be competitive with the likes of Michelle Kwan.
    Michelle and Tara were heaven for skating fans, I wish it could have lasted longer.

Watch me move
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by london_calling View Post
    I wish some of the current US ladies could have just a little bit of Tara's drive.
    Hmm, I'm not sure. She sounds in this interview like she didn't have a lot of fun having to be that determined in the face of all that pressure.

Also interesting to read that she apparently didn't have much life outside of skating. IIRC a lot of the stories about her at that time talked about how much she wanted to do what she was doing and how she did a lot of things that other kids her age did.
    Who wants to watch rich people eat pizza? They must have loved that in Bangladesh. - Randy Newman on the 2014 Oscars broadcast

vCash
    I actually found myself liking Tara as a result of this interview. I didn't think that was possible, as I was a total Kwan fanatic in 1998 and thought Tara had stolen her crown. But she was honest and very well-spoken in this interview. I really enjoyed reading it.

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast