Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Google+

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by lmarie086 View Post
    I've been hearing nothing but good things about Google+. I love all things Google; gmail and the calendar have been a godsend this past year.
    If anyone has any spare invites...please and thank you?
    PM me your email

Bountifully Enmeshed
    vCash
    I'm in there, but that's about it. I'm kind of waiting to see how things play out after reading this: 5 Reasons Google+ Is A Privacy Accident (Disaster?) Waiting to Happen.
    Trolling dates all the way back to 397 B.C. - People began following Plato around and would make fart noises after everything he said.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by pilgrimsoul View Post
    Anyone know if there are any issues with using Google+ on an iPad? I'm intrigued, but cautious.
    My one major reason for wanting G+ to work is that FB is banned by the PTB where I live, and I was hoping G+ wouldn't be. It was on day one though, and still remains banned. I use a VPN, but it's annoying on my mobile devices.

Google+'s mobile settings work fine on my iPad. No issues at all. I'd rather them have an app than a website though, but I am sure it will come.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Prancer View Post
    I'm in there, but that's about it. I'm kind of waiting to see how things play out after reading this: 5 Reasons Google+ Is A Privacy Accident (Disaster?) Waiting to Happen.
    Interesting about the following. I like the request and rejection option on FB, and never thought about it not being on Google+.

From the Bloc
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Angelskates View Post
    Interesting about the following. I like the request and rejection option on FB, and never thought about it not being on Google+.
    That's what jumped out to me too - and will keep me off it. Thanks for sharing the article, Prancer.

OmnipresentAdmeanistrator
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Prancer View Post
    I think people using any free (or even some not free) websites/applications/services/etc. are deluding themselves if they think their privacy means anything. Those providing the product have to make their money somehow and it's usually by selling your info.

I use Google as my search engine, therefore I don't use Gmail, etc. I'm not going to make tracking my every move online for them any easier.

I don't care about Google+ or Facebook (and previously MySpace) as social networking websites don't appeal to me. I think Facebook's privacy is ridiculous, I don't expect Google+ to be any better. It's not about protecting your privacy, it's about exploiting your privacy.

Official FSU Alte Kacher
    vCash
    Bumping this up. Just started with google+. Seems a pretty calm place. Not much for distractions.
    "Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity”– MLK

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12