Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

vCash
    neptune - why would you write the letter? What are you hoping to get out of it? Do you want the jurors to feel bad? Why? Because YOU didn't get what YOU wanted? This case has nothing to do with you. You weren't personally affected. The verdict doesn't make your life any better or worse. What makes you think it's okay to write a letter criticising how someone did their civic duty, when you weren't there to observe them, you weren't in any of their discussions, you didn't see everything or hear everything they saw and heard? But you'd write to them at their private residence despite this. No wonder people want to get out of jury duty so much when there are people like you around.

If you want to write to someone, write to the prosecutor's office. But what are you going to say? If there's no evidence there to discover, it's not there. Sometimes people get away with committing crimes based on sheer luck, it snows, footprints are covered etc. This isn't a TV show, in real life, sometimes there just isn't enough evidence to convict. Do you want them to create evidence out of thin air? Or only when it suits you?

I hope you never serve on a jury, because I think you'd base your verdict on so much more than the evidence presented.

You sound like a crazy person.
    Last edited by Angelskates; 10-29-2011 at 09:46 AM.

vCash
    Michiruwater, CA could stand up and say she killed her daughter outright and nothing could be done about it.

As for releasing the names of jurors, it's the law in Florida that this information is public record. The Judge waited 3 months to be kind to the jurors. Those that harrass them could face criminal charges for doing so.

As for what anyone thinks, it doesn't matter. It's over, she's aquitted of all charges lying. The best way to express your feelings is to not buy books or watch TV interviews or movies about this story. To do so, just makes money for those involved and still doesn't solve a thing.

Prick Admin
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by neptune View Post
    That may well be true. And I'm not saying, "I think people should write them letters." I'm just saying that it's within people's rights to do so--and shouldn't necessarily be considered harassment, especially because the motivations of many will be passionate but sincere.
    Have you ever served on a jury? By the tone of your posts, I'm going to guess no.

I'm serving on a jury at the moment and it's bad enough that our names are called out every day in court. Can't imagine what it would be like if our home addresses were published too.
    To think that fun is simple fun, while earnest things are earnest, proves all too plain that neither one thou truthfully discernest.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678