Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GaPeach View Post
    Nope--I just heard she is in the Ocala National forest at Sims' 55 acre ranch!
    I've heard she's in the Meadowlands. No, wait. She's in Yonkers.
    Use Yah Blinkah!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GarrAarghHrumph View Post
    Maybe she's with Jimmy Hoffa under the (former) Giants stadium...
    You should never write words with numbers. Unless you're seven. Or your name is Prince. - "Weird Al" Yankovic, "Word Crimes"

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyn View Post
    WTF do Dr. Drew, Joy Behar, or anyone else on that network have to do with what I said? My comment was about Nancy Grace, not about the TH shows on HLN.

The woman is nothing short of a bully, and her obsessive, OTT demeanor and out of control sensationalization of tragedies like this one are part of what feeds into the insane media saturation, to say nothing of the convolution of the facts and the blurring of the lines between fact and rumor. WRT to Grace, her mis-handling of news stories like this IMO very likely do more harm than good when she's already played judge, jury, and executioner to the viewing public before trials have taken place - hell, even before arrests have been made.

The woman made a complete idiot out of herself and contributed greatly to the debacle that was the issue with the Duke Lacrosse Team rape allegations. That's only one example of the crap that she's done that disgusts me. She also tried to bully Elizabeth Smart while interviewing her (ES, to her credit, put NG in her place in no uncertain terms without losing her cool. (ETA: Then, when the truth came out about the rape claim being false, Grace bailed on her show that night, with Jane Velez-Mitchell filling in for her. What a freaking coward.)

During her stint as a Special Prosecutor in the Atlanta-Fulton County DA's Office (where I have lived for most of my life), she was cited twice for prosecutorial misconduct, resulting in one case being declared a mistrial (a drug (heroin) trafficking case), and the other having the conviction overturned in a murder-arson case of the mother of someone I grew up with.

Just a few of the controversies regarding Nancy Grace and her show..

Any good intentions she may have are completely discredited by the way she presents herself, her "interviewing" style (if you can call it an interview or a style - it's more like harassment from a Gestapo training manual without the physical abuse or torture), and over delivery that equals Glenn Beck's in terms of coming across as bat-shit crazy.

ETA: I do understand that it was the murder of her fiancé that drove her to her career in law as a prosecutor, and while I have no doubt that experience would be devastating for anyone, I'm more than a bit tired of what seems like her pimping his death out thirty-some-odd years later and sobbing *every* *time* that it's why she is so relentless. The tears she sheds and the standard, almost rehearsed-sounding explanation each time the subject is brought up come across as manipulative and deliberate rather than genuine, and more like she's using his death as a way to justify her over-zealous to the point of being damaging and detrimental approach to what she considers "justice."

I have to agree with most of this. I will never forget how she drove that young girl to suicide live on tv and how when asked about it more or less shrugged her shoulders and said "so what"

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BigB08822 View Post
    She wouldn't let her parents visit her after her acquittal. I don't think it should come as a shock to anyone that she didn't call them. Plus, it may be best for their safety that she has no contact with them so they don't know her whereabouts. As for smiling, I don't remember thinking "wow, she sure is HAPPY" when she left prison. What was she supposed to do, cry all the way to her car?
    If she did cry, NG would find something to scream about in that too.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Latte View Post
    I have to agree with most of this. I will never forget how she drove that young girl to suicide live on tv and how when asked about it more or less shrugged her shoulders and said "so what"
    And the little boy is still missing-any information his mother could had given died with her!

Top Secret FSU Witness Protection Location
    vCash
    Yes, I can see it now. "This woman has some nerves! How dare she cry and try to gain sympathy from the public. Is she worried that her life will be hard? How about that poor little innocent child who is DEAD! DEAD!! At the hands of her own mother!!! Cry all you want, Tot Mom, I feel NOTHING for you!!! BWAHAHAHAHA!"
    -Brian
    "Michelle would never be caught with sausage grease staining her Vera Wang." - rfisher

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BigB08822 View Post
    Yes, I can see it now. "This woman has some nerves! How dare she cry and try to gain sympathy from the public. Is she worried that her life will be hard? How about that poor little innocent child who is DEAD! DEAD!! At the hands of her own mother!!! Cry all you want, Tot Mom, I feel NOTHING for you!!! BWAHAHAHAHA!"
    You are soooooooo right!

In my own little fantasy world where life is perfect for me!
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GaPeach View Post
    And the little boy is still missing-any information his mother could had given died with her!
    I remember when that happened. Personally, I don't think he's missing. I think he is dead and his mother had something to do with it. Her stories were just way to suspicious to me. That's my opinion anyway.

In my own little fantasy world where life is perfect for me!
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GarrAarghHrumph View Post
    I heard Palm Springs. The only reason I even care is because she should not get to hide from all those lawsuits and depositions. I sure wouldn't be able to say "I just want to get on with my life" and expect the 270483764 people in line to sue me to go "okay sweetie, whatever you wish".

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BaileyCatts View Post
    I heard Palm Springs. .....
    And this morning it was reported that she was sighted on an island off the Florida Gulf Cost (such as Sannibel...I didn't catch the name). Funny how "she" keeps popping up in so many different locales wearing the same fuschia Polo top, jeans and sneakers she had on when released from jail days ago! Very soon, that outfit will be able to walk on its own.
    Dick Button Historical Quote of the Month: "Good for you, Lucinda Ruh!"

vCash
    True that.

Quote Originally Posted by Frau Muller View Post
    And this morning it was reported that she was sighted on an island off the Florida Gulf Cost (such as Sannibel...I didn't catch the name). Funny how "she" keeps popping up in so many different locales wearing the same fuschia Polo top, jeans and sneakers she had on when released from jail days ago! Very soon, that outfit will be able to walk on its own.
    Casey Copy Cats dressed in pink shirts and jeans that's all the world needs!

Port de bras!!!
    vCash
    Casey Anthony gets job offers, taxpayers get legal bill

That's a provocative title if there ever was one.
    "Nature is a damp, inconvenient sort of place where birds and animals wander about uncooked."

from Speedy Death

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BaileyCatts View Post
    I remember when that happened. Personally, I don't think he's missing. I think he is dead and his mother had something to do with it. Her stories were just way to suspicious to me.
    I agree that his mother was in the mix, which is likely why the woman killed herself. NG might have poked holes in this woman's story, but it was probably either guilt or the realization that her stories were wearing thin that led to the woman's death.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by heckles View Post
    I agree that his mother was in the mix, which is likely why the woman killed herself. NG might have poked holes in this woman's story, but it was probably either guilt or the realization that her stories were wearing thin that led to the woman's death.
    This.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by IceAlisa View Post
    Casey Anthony gets job offers, taxpayers get legal bill

That's a provocative title if there ever was one.
    Why didn't she have a public defender instead of Baez if the state was picking up her defense costs? Or was Baez defending her at the same fees a public defender would cost?
    "Half the harm that is done in this world is due to people who want to feel important. They don't mean to do harm -- but the harm does not interest them. Or they do not see it, or they justify it because they are absorbed in the endless struggle to think well of themselves." – T.S. Eliot

Port de bras!!!
    vCash
    Good questions.
    "Nature is a damp, inconvenient sort of place where birds and animals wander about uncooked."

from Speedy Death

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by heckles View Post
    You are probably right, but, did you see the show?
    Nancy was the Devil come to earth.
    And the girl just hung up the phone and went and shot herself before the show was even over.

Something caused her to do it right at that moment. I would feel guilty, but it seemed Nancy didn't.

vCash
    News flash.
    They were saying on HLN that Nancy Grace has signed to do Casey's first interview.
    I hope that was wrong information, because it will be a bloodbath, and I know I won't be able to stay away from it! Talk about train wrecks!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mpal2 View Post
    Why didn't she have a public defender instead of Baez if the state was picking up her defense costs? Or was Baez defending her at the same fees a public defender would cost?
    Baez was hired by the family. When mom and dad ran out of money, Baez went on the public dole.
    "awwww....shades of Janet Lynn" - Dick Button on anyone who makes more than one mistake in their program.

vCash
    News flash.
    They were saying on HLN that Nancy Grace has signed to do Casey's first interview.
    I hope that was wrong information, because it will be a bloodbath, and I know I won't be able to stay away from it! Talk about train wrecks!
    If Casey and/or her handlers agreed to this, they are crazy.
    You should never write words with numbers. Unless you're seven. Or your name is Prince. - "Weird Al" Yankovic, "Word Crimes"

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast