Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Watch me move
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyn View Post
    The woman is nothing short of a bully, and her obsessive, OTT demeanor and out of control sensationalization of tragedies like this one are part of what feeds into the insane media saturation, to say nothing of the convolution of the facts and the blurring of the lines between fact and rumor.
    Last night she was on SCREAMING about how Casey Anthony was smiling when she left prison and how Casey hadn't bothered to call her mom and dad as soon as she was free. What this was supposed to prove about Casey or about the case in general I am not sure. I'm guessing that most people are happy to leave prison, and I'm also guessing that when someone lets their lawyer allege in court that their parents abused them, the parents are not going to be top of the post-prison telephone list.
    Who wants to watch rich people eat pizza? They must have loved that in Bangladesh. - Randy Newman on the 2014 Oscars broadcast

Top Secret FSU Witness Protection Location
    vCash
    She wouldn't let her parents visit her after her acquittal. I don't think it should come as a shock to anyone that she didn't call them. Plus, it may be best for their safety that she has no contact with them so they don't know her whereabouts. As for smiling, I don't remember thinking "wow, she sure is HAPPY" when she left prison. What was she supposed to do, cry all the way to her car?
    -Brian
    "Michelle would never be caught with sausage grease staining her Vera Wang." - rfisher

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by overedge View Post
    Last night she was on SCREAMING about how Casey Anthony was smiling when she left prison and how Casey hadn't bothered to call her mom and dad as soon as she was free. What this was supposed to prove about Casey or about the case in general I am not sure. I'm guessing that most people are happy to leave prison, and I'm also guessing that when someone lets their lawyer allege in court that their parents abused them, the parents are not going to be top of the post-prison telephone list.
    Well put.

I'll admit I tuned in to NG the day the verdict was read just to watch her implode.
    Congrats to my ♥Baroque Rock Princess Adelina♥Meryl&Charlie♥Tatiana&Maxim♥!Team ♥Mirai♥Adam♥Julia♥

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BigB08822 View Post
    She wouldn't let her parents visit her after her acquittal. I don't think it should come as a shock to anyone that she didn't call them. Plus, it may be best for their safety that she has no contact with them so they don't know her whereabouts. As for smiling, I don't remember thinking "wow, she sure is HAPPY" when she left prison. What was she supposed to do, cry all the way to her car?
    I don't think she seemed to be smiling much at all as she left the prison. She mostly kept her head down and had what I would describe at best a sheepish expression on her face.

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/...1.photogallery

Of course she DID have a great big smile on her face as she got into the van but what former inmate wouldn't?

I'm curious. To non-U.S. posters-is this CA news as big of deal elsewhere in the world as it is in the States?
    Congrats to my ♥Baroque Rock Princess Adelina♥Meryl&Charlie♥Tatiana&Maxim♥!Team ♥Mirai♥Adam♥Julia♥

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GaPeach View Post
    Here is an interesting article from a freelance TV producer, he is claiming he had a meeting with Casey today about his 1 million dollar television proposal. She would be hooked to a lie detector! (it will probably explode during the interview)

If his claims are true, Casey asked him never to call her "Tot Mom" .

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...#ixzz1SbVx6vru
    This is just so wrong. It makes me totally furious. There are a ton of poor, single 'tot moms' struggling to get buy and feeding their kids with food stamps or lining up in food banks. Moms who have never broken the law.

Meanwhile, Casey Anthony gets a million dollars for getting acquitted of a murder charge in a questionable verdict and doing time for lying.

Anyone who is willing to reward her for this and give her attention is scum IMO.

OmnipresentAdmeanistrator
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by julieann View Post
    Not that Frau needs defending but there are many titles in OTBT that I have no idea what they mean or question their relevance just like this one; so I just don't bother going in them, especially once I see who started the thread.

If someone doesn't know who or what a 'Tot Mom' is I'm guessing they won't enter and if they do they will leave once they figure out the subject matter. It will eventually get kicked to the bottom like the rest of the ignored threads.
    The more descriptive title the better. Non-descriptive/esoteric ones are detrimental to the purpose of a message board. I don't see much sense in having a sea of threads that no one or almost no one reads or discusses. Another thing, a descriptive title = respect for other people's time. Including admins', since I'm sure someone else would have posted another thread about Casey Anthony sooner or later, since she's still a hot topic. Not everyone watches Nancy Grace.

I seriously don't get what's so hard in writing Casey Anthony instead of Tot Mom, other than I'm sure it was done with a purpose. Just not the one that I'm a fan of.

vCash
    Last night she [NG] was on SCREAMING about how Casey Anthony was smiling when she left prison and how Casey hadn't bothered to call her mom and dad as soon as she was free. .....
    Drats, I missed last night's show. I bet that Nancy reminded the audience, at least once, that Casey had been "sipping champagne" and "eating chips 'n' dip" on the Lear Jet that took her to California on Sunday, eh? ROTFL!!! I watch for the 'entertainment' value. And whether or not Casey likes it, she'll always be referred to as "Tot Mom" by Nancy.

engaged to dupa
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Frau Muller View Post
    Drats, I missed last night's show. I bet that Nancy reminded the audience, at least once, that Casey had been "sipping champagne" and "eating chips 'n' dip" on the Lear Jet that took her to California on Sunday, eh? ROTFL!!! I watch for the 'entertainment' value. And whether or not Casey likes it, she'll always be referred to as "Tot Mom" by Nancy.
    Let me see if I've got this right. You watch Nancy Grace in order to laugh at her histrionics and yet admire her enough to emulate her words. Right? Nah, I still don't get it. Just because she does something doesn't mean the rest of us need to be so classless.
    3539 and counting.

Slightly Wounding Banana list cont: MacMadame.

Celebrating Jeremy Abbott's FS at 2014 Worlds...
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by milanessa View Post
    Let me see if I've got this right. You watch Nancy Grace in order to laugh at her histrionics and yet admire her enough to emulate her words. Right? Nah, I still don't get it. Just because she does something doesn't mean the rest of us need to be so classless.
    "You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to milanessa again."
    "Meryl is from a magic planet where Disney princesses come from, and [Charlie's] hair is a magic carpet." ~~ Stephen Colbert, on The Colbert Report

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sasha'sSpins View Post
    I think only people who have watched Nancy Grace would know she calls Casey Anthony that.
    I had heard the name Nancy Grace before but I didn't know who she was. Now I know that she has a show that I have still never watched. I learned from the prior CA thread a lot about her that does not inspire me to do so. The fact that she trivialized Caylee by the Tot Mom moniker disgusts me.

vCash
    Someone on my FB feed said that GMA had a short segment this morning saying a plane carrying Casey Anthony landed in Baton Rouge. This is especially creepy because I saw a woman who looked like her yesterday but it wasn't, unless she was wearing hip and butt pads. I wonder if she is really here or if she was just passing through to another city.
    -Brian
    "Michelle would never be caught with sausage grease staining her Vera Wang." - rfisher

vCash
    Someone on my FB feed said that GMA had a short segment this morning saying a plane carrying Casey Anthony landed in Baton Rouge.
    Again, I don't understand why the "legitimate" press feels the need to cover where she CA might be and potentially put her in physical harm way.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by orbitz View Post
    Again, I don't understand why the "legitimate" press feels the need to cover where she CA might be and potentially put her in physical harm way.
    I don't understand it but it is absolutely of no surprise. It is the same reason they continue to cover celebrity troubles, divorces, arrests, substance abuse problems, etc etc etc
    -Brian

vCash
    Legitimate is the key word there, as long as it's said sarcastically.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GaPeach View Post
    Here is an interesting article from a freelance TV producer, he is claiming he had a meeting with Casey today about his 1 million dollar television proposal. She would be hooked to a lie detector! (it will probably explode during the interview)

If his claims are true, Casey asked him never to call her "Tot Mom" .

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...#ixzz1SbVx6vru
    Given the ease with which Casey lies.....I have no doubt that she can beat a lie detector test...........there is a reason those tests are not admissible in court......they are not reliable.

Nancy Grace can be abrasive, and she is often like a dog with a bone...but I admire her tenacity. She helps keep a story out there when all efforts have faded. Did anyone see her on O'Reilly? (and no, I don't need a diatribe about BO'R) It was a really interesting interview, IMO. Whole different tone than on her show.
    DH - and that's just my opinion

Watch me move
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by AxelAnnie View Post
    Nancy Grace can be abrasive, and she is often like a dog with a bone...but I admire her tenacity. She helps keep a story out there when all efforts have faded.
    Why is that admirable? Continuing to follow something when the rest of the world has decided there's no story there is not always a good trait.
    Who wants to watch rich people eat pizza? They must have loved that in Bangladesh. - Randy Newman on the 2014 Oscars broadcast

vCash
    Someone on my FB feed said that GMA had a short segment this morning saying a plane carrying Casey Anthony landed in Baton Rouge.
    Nope--I just heard she is in the Ocala National forest at Sims' 55 acre ranch!

I have gotten to the point where I don't care where she is at--I wish she would disappear and it is possible if she truly wanted to!

vCash
    Why is that admirable? Continuing to follow something when the rest of the world has decided there's no story there is not always a good trait.
    I agree. I can see keeping a story like the Natalie Holloway's story alive when no one knew what happened to her and the suspect wasn't cooperating, but I don't see a point of keeping the CA's story alive when her trial is over.

vCash
    Oh - my bad. I didn't mean following this story...........I mean other stories.....Jessica Lunsford comes to mind.
    DH - and that's just my opinion

Not 'Boxxy'!
    vCash
    Which reminds me that whoever is offering her $1 million for an interview had better get it together....I don't think she has that long a "shelf life."

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast