Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by WindSpirit View Post
    Nice try, Frau Muller, but the vast majority of people here have no idea who a "tot mom" is. Another thing is to have an entire thread for speculation where she is. Useless.
    I thought that everyone had been watching HLN's Nancy Grace, who long-ago christened Casey Anthony as "Tot Mom" (which I first mistook for "Top Mom" assuming cynisism from Ms Grace). Glad that someone changed the thread title.

Last night, Nancy Grace displayed a map of the USA with a long "zig-zagging trajectory" of the lear jet that whisked Casey (and Baez?) out of Orlando...ending "near Hollywood, CA"! According to Ms Grace, "Tot Mom sipped champagne and had chips 'n' dip in her $50,000 flight..." ROTFL...leave it to good ol' Nancy Grace to conjure up the images!!!
    Dick Button Historical Quote of the Month: "Good for you, Lucinda Ruh!"

Celebrating Jeremy Abbott's FS at 2014 Worlds...
    vCash
    People with an ounce of sense know to avoid Nancy Grace like the plague. I guess we know where you fit in that range of demographic.
    Gun Control is like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it tougher for sober people to buy cars.

vCash
    And that's how it shall be called.

Nice try, Frau Muller, but the vast majority of people here have no idea who a "tot mom" is. Another thing is to have an entire thread for speculation where she is. Useless.
    Not that Frau needs defending but there are many titles in OTBT that I have no idea what they mean or question their relevance just like this one; so I just don't bother going in them, especially once I see who started the thread.

If someone doesn't know who or what a 'Tot Mom' is I'm guessing they won't enter and if they do they will leave once they figure out the subject matter. It will eventually get kicked to the bottom like the rest of the ignored threads.

vCash
    Im looking for her here in Petaluma....the land of Polly Klaas
    DH - and that's just my opinion

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyn View Post
    People with an ounce of sense know to avoid Nancy Grace like the plague. I guess we know where you fit in that range of demographic.
    That was rather uncalled-for. HLN's prime-time shows have extremely high viewership (not only NG but Dr. Drew, Joy Behar, and the rest). Are you planning to insult everyone who watches these shows?
    Dick Button Historical Quote of the Month: "Good for you, Lucinda Ruh!"

vCash
    I'm more intrigued about what Casey will do now than I was about what she did before and during the trial. I don't know why; I'm not one to rubber-neck, but I have to wonder what the media outlets will do in deciding whether or not to pay her for her side of the story. I really would like to see them receive negative feedback to dissuade them. (Not violence or hate-mail, just "please don't give her any money."

I've never seen a Nancy Grace program or really watched any programs about this case. It's just a feeling that justice can be done in more than one way. Boycotting her story (and letting the outlets know your position) would be more productive than a vigilante hunt. Just my opinion.

vCash
    I think Nancy Grace is the Semi-Ho of journalism.

Corgi Wrangler
    vCash
    She and OJ can look for the real killers and probably find Natalee Holloway along the way. (Oh, wait, karma caught up with OJ and he's in jail. Give her time.)

Legally she isn't convincted, but "not guilty" doesn't mean "innocent." If she's smart she'll lay low, except if she (or rather, her lawyer) wants to cash in, they also must know the longer they wait, the faster the story fades, the less likely anyone will pay much for their side. FigureSpins is right, the best thing to do is not buy any books or magazines, see any movies, or watch any TV shows and make it clear to the producers, publishers, and advertisers why.

vCash
    Only the worst of yellow journalism will print or air "Casey's side of the story". That's the bad part of being labelled a liar, no one will believe a word she says now. So why give her a platform? If she told me the sky was blue I'd have to check for myself. And really, what can she say now that gives her any kind of credibility? If we believe the story that got her off then we believe that she threw her daughter's body into a swamp. If we don't believe it, we believe she killed her daughter & threw the body into a swamp. Nice mother either way eh?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by orbitz View Post
    I don't get why the press (or anyone for that matter) is asking where she went to. They know that there are idiots out there that will want to harm her. Her trial is over. Done. Kaput. Fertig. What she did and does from now on has no impact whatsoever on your life. Let her be.
    But, but, but, that wouldn't be any fun at all!

Just Kidding

Early this morning I heard on the news that the newest rumor is that she is on Geraldo Rivera's boat out in the Ocean.

Yes, they really said that on CNN and weren't joking.
    Last edited by Latte; 07-19-2011 at 07:24 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by taf2002 View Post
    Only the worst of yellow journalism will print or air "Casey's side of the story".
    I used to think that, too. Until I heard Oprah say that she would come out of retirement to tell OJ's side of the story. I have to believe that any media organization that can get Casey to speak, will do so and pay her nicely for it. I only hope her legal team negotiates hard for lots and lots of money, so that no one takes the chance.

I'd hate to see her make any money from her story.

Quote Originally Posted by Latte View Post
    Early this morning I heard on the news that the newest rumor is that she is on Geraldo Rivera's boat out in the Ocean.
    Yes, they really said that on CNN and weren't joking.
    Well, Geraldo's blog claims that her lawyer Baez contacted him from her secret hideout. Geraldo didn't post it, and it's just a headline, no text or substantiation. Baez is probably shopping the story and interview. (Yes, Geraldo's rep has fallen on hard times, but still, if he's will to pay, she'll get the air time and the money.)
    http://www.foxnews.com/on-air/gerald...ret-hideaway-0

vCash
    Geraldo and Baez are good friends. It wouldn't surprise me if she was interview (very softly) on his show.

Baez is shopping her story and some other defense attorneys are saying it is outside his duties as her defense attorney.

I think what is interesting is Baez is saying the jury has spoken and must be accept, then he's appealing the jury verdict on lying.
    Last edited by GaPeach; 07-19-2011 at 10:07 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rex View Post
    I think Nancy Grace is the Semi-Ho of journalism.
    "awwww....shades of Janet Lynn" - Dick Button on anyone who makes more than one mistake in their program.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Veronika View Post

vCash
    Wow! Instead of some many complaining about this thread, why not just skip it?

I think Casey is living with Baez or someone in his family. She made him a household name. The least he can do is allow her to shack up with him or his family.

As to Casey making money...the ratings will go thru the roof for the first post-trial interview, and those who will be glued to the television are those who say they wouldn't watch.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Veronika View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by hirshey girl View Post
    I agree, very well written! I forgot about half the stuff she has been wrong about, including that mom of that missing boy who killed herself.

I wonder if she has even bother to mention Leiby Kletzky this past week?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Frau Muller View Post
    That was rather uncalled-for. HLN's prime-time shows have extremely high viewership (not only NG but Dr. Drew, Joy Behar, and the rest). Are you planning to insult everyone who watches these shows?
    WTF do Dr. Drew, Joy Behar, or anyone else on that network have to do with what I said? My comment was about Nancy Grace, not about the TH shows on HLN.

The woman is nothing short of a bully, and her obsessive, OTT demeanor and out of control sensationalization of tragedies like this one are part of what feeds into the insane media saturation, to say nothing of the convolution of the facts and the blurring of the lines between fact and rumor. WRT to Grace, her mis-handling of news stories like this IMO very likely do more harm than good when she's already played judge, jury, and executioner to the viewing public before trials have taken place - hell, even before arrests have been made.

The woman made a complete idiot out of herself and contributed greatly to the debacle that was the issue with the Duke Lacrosse Team rape allegations. That's only one example of the crap that she's done that disgusts me. She also tried to bully Elizabeth Smart while interviewing her (ES, to her credit, put NG in her place in no uncertain terms without losing her cool. (ETA: Then, when the truth came out about the rape claim being false, Grace bailed on her show that night, with Jane Velez-Mitchell filling in for her. What a freaking coward.)

During her stint as a Special Prosecutor in the Atlanta-Fulton County DA's Office (where I have lived for most of my life), she was cited twice for prosecutorial misconduct, resulting in one case being declared a mistrial (a drug (heroin) trafficking case), and the other having the conviction overturned in a murder-arson case of the mother of someone I grew up with.

Just a few of the controversies regarding Nancy Grace and her show..

Any good intentions she may have are completely discredited by the way she presents herself, her "interviewing" style (if you can call it an interview or a style - it's more like harassment from a Gestapo training manual without the physical abuse or torture), and over delivery that equals Glenn Beck's in terms of coming across as bat-shit crazy.

ETA: I do understand that it was the murder of her fiancé that drove her to her career in law as a prosecutor, and while I have no doubt that experience would be devastating for anyone, I'm more than a bit tired of what seems like her pimping his death out thirty-some-odd years later and sobbing *every* *time* that it's why she is so relentless. The tears she sheds and the standard, almost rehearsed-sounding explanation each time the subject is brought up come across as manipulative and deliberate rather than genuine, and more like she's using his death as a way to justify her over-zealous to the point of being damaging and detrimental approach to what she considers "justice."
    Last edited by Cyn; 07-20-2011 at 02:53 AM.
    Gun Control is like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it tougher for sober people to buy cars.

vCash
    And that's how it shall be called.

I think only people who have watched Nancy Grace would know she calls Casey Anthony that. It's weird actually. But whatever. I can't stand her either but some times I do watch her show-like when she's got something on the Holloway case which interests me. Obviously the ones here who say they wouldn't watch her show HAVE seen something of her program to even comment on that flaky woman.

Our local channel 9 interrupted my sister's favorite soap opera to follow some woman by helicopter again, figuring it's Casey Anthony. The Casey Show continues:

http://www.wftv.com/video/28599093/index.html

WTF do Dr. Drew, Joy Behar, or anyone else on that network have to do with what I said? My comment was about Nancy Grace, not about the TH shows on HLN.

The woman is nothing short of a bully, and her obsessive, OTT demeanor and out of control sensationalization of tragedies like this one are part of what feeds into the insane media saturation, to say nothing of the convolution of the facts and the blurring of the lines between fact and rumor
    . WRT to Grace, her mis-handling of news stories like this IMO very likely do more harm than good when she's already played judge, jury, and executioner to the viewing public before trials have taken place - hell, even before arrests have been made.

The woman made a complete idiot out of herself and contributed greatly to the debacle that was the issue with the Duke Lacrosse Team rape allegations. That's only one example of the crap that she's done that disgusts me. She also tried to bully Elizabeth Smart while interviewing her (ES, to her credit, put NG in her place in no uncertain terms without losing her cool.

During her stint as a Special Prosecutor in the Atlanta-Fulton County DA's Office (where I have lived for most of my life), she was cited twice for prosecutorial misconduct, resulting in one case being declared a mistrial (a drug (heroin) trafficking case), and the other having the conviction overturned in a murder-arson case of the mother of someone I grew up with.

Just a few of the controversies regarding Nancy Grace and her show..

Any good intentions she may have are completely discredited by the way she presents herself, her "interviewing" style (if you can call it an interview or a style - it's more like harassment from a Gestapo training manual without the physical abuse or torture), and over delivery that equals Glenn Beck's in terms of coming across as bat-shit crazy.
    ITA.
    Last edited by Sasha'sSpins; 07-20-2011 at 01:41 AM.
    Congrats to my ♥Baroque Rock Princess Adelina♥Meryl&Charlie♥Tatiana&Maxim♥!Team ♥Mirai♥Adam♥Julia♥

vCash
    Here is an interesting article from a freelance TV producer, he is claiming he had a meeting with Casey today about his 1 million dollar television proposal. She would be hooked to a lie detector! (it will probably explode during the interview)

If his claims are true, Casey asked him never to call her "Tot Mom" .

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...#ixzz1SbVx6vru

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GaPeach View Post
    Here is an interesting article from a freelance TV producer, he is claiming he had a meeting with Casey today about his 1 million dollar television proposal. She would be hooked to a lie detector! (it will probably explode during the interview)

If his claims are true, Casey asked him never to call her "Tot Mom" .

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...#ixzz1SbVx6vru
    There's been a huge discussion thread over at websleuths.com here about this alleged offer. I read through as much of it as I could (the discussion threads on that site are unbelievably lengthy), but IIRC, this guy, if it's the one I'm recalling correctly, is full of it.

There are so many rumors flying around about potential offers and deals in the works (to say nothing about how her lawyer pimp/agent Jose Baez is doing his despicable damndest to keep this story fueled and FCA in the spotlight in order to try and garner as much money as possible from this case before it falls off the front page) that this could very well be another offer altogether.

Incidentally, if anyone here gets the Biography channel, they have a one-hour special on right now (and again at 1am EDT) called "Casey Anthony: How Did We Get Here?" that focuses on FCA's history growing up (primarily her relationship with her mother, and the early-established history of lying and strange family dynamics), and the events leading up to and immediately following Caylee's disappearance." To the best of my knowledge, it doesn't focus on the trial, but on everything leading up to FCA's arrest. (ETA: the last 6 minutes cover the trial, so it's (obviously) brief).

For those unfamiliar with much of the Caylee Anthony murder case or may want a (for lack of a better word) refresher on the beginning of this nightmare, it's an interesting watch. Plus, it doesn't have Nancy Grace, Geraldo Rivera, or any other network pundit/talking head spouting off in it.
    Last edited by Cyn; 07-20-2011 at 02:54 AM.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast