Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast
    Banned Member
    vCash
    There is NO way Sebastien is taller than Bryce judging from the video. People do lie about their height from time to time.

vCash
    I'm just sending thought waves..( go to Gauthier..go to Gauthier..)

Recovering from the Olys
    vCash
    Dube/Wolfe's Nebelhorn FS (7th place, 6th overall): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bKNuc5xQY9A

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 4rkidz View Post
    very true and let's not forget when Bryce started the former relationship with Jessica he wasn't at her level, his lifts although improved he was still unsteady over the ice in the beginning and his spins and spirals but quite quickly he became excellent on the pair lifts
    Well I disagree. Bryce was always very solid on the lifts and a very solid partner overall. Here's a vid of them from about 10 months after they started skating together:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iHj8KGI59lQ

Lifting has never been a problem for him.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mapleleaf View Post
    There is NO way Sebastien is taller than Bryce judging from the video. People do lie about their height from time to time.
    Here is their LP. He looks a good 2-3 inches taller than Davison to me.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bKNuc5xQY9A

Two of the three lifts worked in the LP. It might be a timing issue for them because they are still new together. I didn't realize Wolfe was only 21 years old. That's young for a pair guy. He has a lot of potential.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ltnskater View Post
    Yes, she was very good at all the pair elements, yet she could never land a triple sal .
    I suppose you could also look at it as triple sal was the ONLY triple Davison COULD land. Why Dube and Davison never went for the triple flip is beyond me. At least then we might be moaning about how Davison could never land the side by side triple
    A good rant is cathartic. Ranting is what keeps me sane. They always come from a different place. Take the prime minister, for example. Sometimes when I rant about him, I am angry; other times, I am just severely annoyed - it's an important distinction. - Rick Mercer

vCash
    I am sure these 2 will get better as a partnership, but I don't see her connecting with him like she appeared to with Bryce in the first years I saw them on the world scene. Leaving the elements out of it, for me they look like 2 individuals rather than a partnership in the FD video.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sylvia View Post
    Dube/Wolfe's Nebelhorn FS (7th place, 6th overall): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bKNuc5xQY9A
    thanks for the link, Sylvia!

One thing I will say is that this is a very handsome couple they look very good together, and their lines match very well. I far prefer them over the other top canadian couples MT/M and D/R

On the other hand, the music they chose and the choreography of that program are a definite cure for insomnia. Why they chose that snoozeworthy program i don't know, but I notice it's common from the canadian couples in the recent past, like D/B, L/H etc. to choose really dreadful music. Maybe somebody gives them money to perform that music

He needs a lot of help in the lifts. all of them looked very iffy to me and I suppose there must be an extensive off-ice training regime all around the corner

I think this couple needs time to develop. they're not vol/tran but I see tons of potential there

vCash
    I kinda like the Philip Glass LP...

Looks like lifts are going to be a huge problem for them. They don't even look novice-level right now, honestly...

vCash
    Yeah, I actually *really* like the music. It's what kept me watching all the way through. It's way more interesting than the usual pretty romantic "snot" (Trankovtm) we see in pairs.

vCash
    The music is great. It's the disjointed, messy skating that's the problem.

vCash
    That.

He's barely taller than her.

Quote Originally Posted by Pratfall View Post
    I'm just sending thought waves..( go to Gauthier..go to Gauthier..)
    No, because then they will become decent and my poor, weak heart will not handle having to watch Jessica Dube compete for the next X years.

Quote Originally Posted by robinhood View Post
    On the other hand, the music they chose and the choreography of that program are a definite cure for insomnia.
    Choreography maybe but you didn't just call Phillip Glass's music that.

vCash
    ^
    From seeing him on other occasions, I'd say Sebastien's a couple of inches taller than Bryce.

So if Bryce is 5'10", Sebastien would be about 6' tall.

Banned Member
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafter View Post
    They need a lot of work, a lot.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ziggy View Post
    Choreography maybe but you didn't just call Phillip Glass's music that.
    I did! Didn't know it was music by him, so sorry for all the Glass Lovers...

btw, I've played one of his string quartets. I still don't get the greatness of it at all and for me there's much better contemporary music out there but I respect your taste, guys

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by flowerpower View Post
    ^
    From seeing him on other occasions, I'd say Sebastien's a couple of inches taller than Bryce.

So if Bryce is 5'10", Sebastien would be about 6' tall.
    IMHO Bryce is 5'10" only in his platform boots. When I stood next to him he was shorter than me. In my experience, any man who is between 5'8" and 5'9 1/2", rounds his height up to 5'10"....Not that it really matters at this point. Whether Sebastien is 5'11" or 6' is not going to make or break this pair.
    A good rant is cathartic. Ranting is what keeps me sane. They always come from a different place. Take the prime minister, for example. Sometimes when I rant about him, I am angry; other times, I am just severely annoyed - it's an important distinction. - Rick Mercer

vCash
    Actually, yeah, he is taller. I’ve seen the two boys together, and Sebastien has a good couple of inches on Bryce. It doesn’t look that way in the video however, I think mainly because Jessica appears to be heavier now than when she was skating with Bryce. It’s surprising how much of a difference that can have on the appearance of relative heights.
    images on ice - Figure Skating Photography

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafter View Post
    The problem is, Jessica skates with no energy. Zero. She is extremely one-dimensional as a skater. She never shows any passion or artistic flare. I think Camerlengo tried to get some passion out of her with that Requiem For a Dream SP they had in the Olympic year but Jessica failed pretty badly at it...

Someone pointed out to me that she's not very musical either. She just skates through the music. Her musical range is really limited IMO.
    If the above is true then she needs a partner who can sell their programs; someone with a lot of flair. Does this describe Sebastian Wolfe?

vCash
    ^
    We don't know how they will perform once they are comfortable with the elements and with each other.

Why don't we just wait and see how things shape up over time for these two?

vCash
    Because needless speculation is one of the tentpoles of the internet?

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast