Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Lady Gaga Egged

vCash

Lady Gaga Egged

Australian fans threw eggs at Lady Gaga during her concert when she appeared in a mermaid outfit and used the wheelchair to move around.

Um...lighten up Australians. Gaga used a wheel chair to move around on stage, because here legs were bounded by the mermaid costume. Bette Middler did something similar in her concerts years ago.

vCash
    Sorry to hear it: She strikes me as a kind person.

Grooving!
    vCash
    So in other words, Lady Gaga has stopped stealing from Madonna and is now stealing from Bette Midler. Every time I hear someone tell me how unique LG is, I just laugh.

Internet Beyotch
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by orbitz View Post
    Bette Middler did something similar in her concerts years ago.
    Because Gaga hasn't had an original thought in her head in her life...
    Actual bumper sticker series: Jesus is my co-pilot. Satan is my financial advisor. Budha is my therapist. L. Ron Hubbard owes me $50.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by skaternum View Post
    So in other words, Lady Gaga has stopped stealing from Madonna and is now stealing from Bette Midler. Every time I hear someone tell me how unique LG is, I just laugh.
    It's funny, when I heard about her mermaid costume on the radio the other day, I thought of Bette Midler as well. Bette was actually able to hop quite a bit with it.

vCash
    If she really wanted to be original, she would have come out on a food service cart/platter driven by a dancing waiter, lol

vCash
    Oh good, the opportunity I needed to post this version of Born This Way, which is so much better. (It's a capella and she does a great job.)

vCash
    I keep reading this as Lady Gaga Engaged.

vCash
    I want to see what costumes she would come up with if she performed as a figure skater (maybe she already has???) I root for her because she roots for the underdog. I just remember in Madonna in "Truth or Dare" when she told the make up artist that she used to "beat up girls like you." I'm not sure what the like you meant--the woman was heavy and a little too eager to please in my book but then again she was probably making good money. I respected Madonna but never liked her. Gaga's music doesn't thrill but I like the person.

vCash
    Eh, the eggs probably tossed themselves after seeing her dressed in one at that award show. Wonder if they also had bacon to toss?

vCash
    When I chaperoned Pride Prom, the dance floor was PACKED. No kids in the hallway, in the food room..... everyone on the dance floor. I, like cachoo, admire her for showing respect to everyone.

Also, Born the Way is an awesome dance song. I was out there with them.

vCash
    I don't think she was egged during the concert - no one takes eggs to concerts...but I can understand why some would find her actions offensive. at the OP's "lighten up Australians" comment; the article mentions an American organisation (working with those in wheelchairs) also taking offense.

vCash
    Almost two months since her last album dropped and I haven't seen a thread on it yet. So, what do people think of it? After selling over a million copies the first week the album has certainly tanked in the weeks following. Is Gaga's reign over or will sales rebound with a new single(though I can't think of which track it would be)?Digital downloads certainly have impacted album sales in general. I mean I don't see the need to buy the album when I can youtube the songs to see which ones I like and then download them for my ipod.

Also, I guess Cher is recording a Gaga song for her upcoming album as well.

Argle-Bargle-ist
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Lainerb View Post
    Almost two months since her last album dropped and I haven't seen a thread on it yet. So, what do people think of it? After selling over a million copies the first week the album has certainly tanked in the weeks following. Is Gaga's reign over or will sales rebound with a new single(though I can't think of which track it would be)?Digital downloads certainly have impacted album sales in general. I mean I don't see the need to buy the album when I can youtube the songs to see which ones I like and then download them for my ipod.
    Yes, sales of the album have stalled at five million worldwide, 1.5 million copies in the US, and she's already had almost two months since the album has been released. Food stamps are certainly in order. AND the album was only had three single releases this year, and they have all only managed to squeak into the top 10 of the singles chart. CATASTROPHE, I TELL YOU!!!!

It's official. I am madly in love with Meryl Davis.

Top Secret FSU Witness Protection Location
    vCash
    Gaga is selling very well. Album sales aren't what they used to be. Britney Spears, for example, has only sold 600,000 copies since her album came out a few months ago. This would have been a complete travesty a few years ago but today that is to be expected, even with a few hit singles and a name as widely known as hers plus a nice selling tour.
    -Brian
    "Michelle would never be caught with sausage grease staining her Vera Wang." - rfisher

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cachoo View Post
    I want to see what costumes she would come up with if she performed as a figure skater (maybe she already has???) I root for her because she roots for the underdog. I just remember in Madonna in "Truth or Dare" when she told the make up artist that she used to "beat up girls like you." I'm not sure what the like you meant--the woman was heavy and a little too eager to please in my book but then again she was probably making good money. I respected Madonna but never liked her. Gaga's music doesn't thrill but I like the person.
    The stories of Madonna's (mis)treatment of fans are legion, but she's probably settled down with age .. and Kabbalah

Official FSU Alte Kacher
    vCash
    Kabbalah Lite, you mean.
    "Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity”– MLK

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Reuven View Post
    Kabbalah Lite, you mean.
    Yeah. I always got the vibe from that woman that she only did things w/ an eye to how much publicity they would generate for her.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by skaternum View Post
    Not to mention vaudeville and burlesque.

Argle-Bargle-ist
    vCash
    Luckily, Madonna and Bette Midler never borrowed from performers before them.
    It's official. I am madly in love with Meryl Davis.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast