Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Fetalized since 1998
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RumbleFish View Post
    Her step sequence got a level 4 for doing a Lysacek's cringe-worthy flailing. I'd say it was worth it.

Until last season, only way for skaters to get a level 4 on step sequences was having Lori Nichol put together their own version of Lysacek's cringe-worthy flailing. Just ask Flatt, Kostner, and Chan how they got their level4s and ensuing fat GOE marks.

Thank goodness that the ISU has finally come to realized this and changed rules for level 4 requirements. From next season, skaters will be required to flail through only one-third of their step sequences, not half like they had to until last season.
    I never thought of Patrick as flailing..Maybe I am too busy looking at those gorgeous feet of his.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kwanette View Post
    I never thought of Patrick as flailing..Maybe I am too busy looking at those gorgeous feet of his.
    Rumblefish said Lyscek flailing, not Patrick flailing.

vCash

why

You guys smash Rachels teeth into thr ground all the time and i dont get why. ok... She's not dynamic... and her skating does not really "take a stand" but she's a sweat girl and she is a good skater. Why the Passionate disdain?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by arakwafan2006 View Post
    You guys smash Rachels teeth into thr ground all the time and i dont get why. ok... She's not dynamic... and her skating does not really "take a stand" but she's a sweat girl and she is a good skater. Why the Passionate disdain?
    Aren't you over reacting a bit? I see no teeth smashing here...

vCash
    In term of skating, I think Leonova is better than Flatt : better edges, better jump quality, stronger on her legs.
    But Rachael is definitely my favorite between the two, she has something really natural that touches me.

vCash
    Rachael is inspirational because she makes us feel like any one of us could be national champion. Other than that, I must go with Leonova.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TheIronLady View Post
    Rachael is inspirational because she makes us feel like any one of us could be national champion. Other than that, I must go with Leonova.

vCash
    Both are horrendous for me to watch but if I had to choose it would be Leonova. At least I feel something when I watch Alena, even if it's teeth-gnashing horror.

vCash
    I often find myself rooting for Leonova, hoping she does well. When she is on, she is voidy and electrifying, capabale of engaging the audience. I like Rachael fine, but rarely root for her the same way ( perhaps because there are several American women I already root for- Mirai, Alissa).
    improving my ballad- like lines

vCash
    I don't think Rachael was well served by her choreographers this year, until they re-did her SP - she did well at nationals.

Better competitor, though: Leonova.
    Wild, go for broke attack, never count her out. Her jumps and jump series are terrific. The arm flailing is not good, but that can be tamed, can't it?

vCash
    I'd say they're pretty comparable, but this season, Alena wins out. I still find her clunky and unfinished, but there's a sense of wild abandonment when she skates, and it's really captivating and appealing when she's "on" and landing her jumps. Rachael OTOH is very controlled and a little bland in her skating, it's nice, but it just doesn't stand out particularly in any aspect. Alena is also more explosive and powerful than Rachael, which again adds to the excitement factor.

vCash
    Leonova especially after this past season, even though I don't find either skater too compelling.

vCash
    It seems I belong to a minority here. Both are terrific skaters, but I would go with Rachael.

Alena looks more of an athletic build of the two, but I think Rachael is underrated athletically. I think the two are pretty much equal in technical contents, overall.

Performance-wise, I would give Rachael the edge. Alena has been doing interesting programs, but her performance hasn’t been engaging to me. Many times she looked lacking a command of her choreo, hurried or unfinished. I agree Rachael’s skating is kind of bland at times and her showing at the last Worlds was not great and turned out controversial, but I find her skating fairly polished and connected to the music.
    Last edited by lowtherlore; 07-20-2011 at 03:42 PM.

vCash
    Rachael !!
    Her movements are more graceful than Leonova's thing.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12