Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Changing underrotations to a GOE deduction instead of a downgrade. This would change so many results for the better, such as Nakano's 2008 Worlds placing.

vCash
    Revising the step sequence rule (levels), so that they don't have to last forever (and at the speed of a tortoise with a bad foot) and do not have to use every turn ever invented. I preferred the pre-COP step sequences.

vCash
    points for jumps recalibrated to reward variety, so that you get X amount of points for the first triple (Whatever it is) and you get X + Y for the next different triple, X + Z (where Z is greater than Y) for the next different triple etc. Repeated jumps get the same amount of points as the first jump of that type.

This would both reward having as many different triples as possible and also recognize the fact that different triples are of different difficulty for different skaters.

Oh! And no more than two jumping passes in the SP with no other scoring element between them and no more than three together in the LP. That would help balance programs a little.

vCash
    I would like there to be a rule about judging: If a judge gives high PCS scores (reputation scores e.g. for choreography, transitions and interpretation) for something that does not exist, that judge will be banned for life.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by skateboy View Post
    Revising the step sequence rule (levels), so that they don't have to last forever (and at the speed of a tortoise with a bad foot) and do not have to use every turn ever invented. I preferred the pre-COP step sequences.
    And may I add to that the removal of the full body movement requirement to stop the random bobbing up and down, butt in the air (ladies and men), which imo adds nothing to a programme.

vCash
    making combinations worth more points than single jumps.

For example first jump in combination should be counted x 1.1 and 2nd jump x 1.3

Quote Originally Posted by shady82 View Post
    Changing underrotations to a GOE deduction instead of a downgrade. This would change so many results for the better, such as Nakano's 2008 Worlds placing.
    I wish there was a rule like this, it would encourage many skaters to take risk and do 3-3

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaana View Post
    I would like there to be a rule about judging: If a judge gives high PCS scores (reputation scores e.g. for choreography, transitions and interpretation) for something that does not exist, that judge will be banned for life.
    I agree with this rule but imo it would work only for transitions, choreography and interpretation are very subjective.
    My rule would be: skaters aren´t allowed to work with the same choreographer for more than 2 seasons.
    Oh, and no donut spins for men,except Plushy in his prime, ok?

vCash
    I would forbid the "Look at my cr*tch!" spiral where the lady skates forward with her leg in the air, held up by one hand - the Y spiral. Example:
    http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi...-Kwak_2009.jpg
    Use Yah Blinkah!

vCash
    1. I like combos having a multiplier.

2. A special -GOE for elements with falls (-3 isn't low enough) with multiple falls specifically decreasing program components (one fall doesn't have to, two should, and three/four/five definitely should)

3. Bring back the second leveled step sequence. It's funny watching what passes for footwork from some of the guys.

vCash
    Yes. And a straight line sequence should go back to being a straight line.

Actually, I like pretty much all of the changes proposed in this thread.

I'd also like to see the value of a double axel reduced, as well as reducing the values for all of the other doubles.

And Amen to the end of the blade grab, other than in a Biellman spin.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by julieann View Post
    No more tights over the boots unless you are a synchro team.
    Oh my god, YES PLEASE.

Quote Originally Posted by Spazactaz View Post
    just curious.... for professionals wanting re-instatement, what IS the rule?
    It depends on the nature of their "ineligible" status.

Yes, me too. Steps like Yagudin's "Winter" sequences or Plushenko's circular in his MJ medley SP, which may not have been the most complicated step sequences ever invented but matched the music and theme of the program.

I would like to see a rule against re-using your program more than once. If you've had an injury hit year the year before, that's okay. If you've become World Champion with the damn thing...

vCash
    'Deregulate' PCS scoring - allow big fluctuations from component to component; example - Miki could receive an 8.25 for skating skills, but perhaps 4.0 for transitions, 5.5 for choreography, etc.

vCash
    There should be a 30 points deduction in PCS for repeating same choreography for one more season.

vCash
    This is a little more than just a new rule, but: I would like to see the points to be earned in the SP earned by perfection, with enough GOEs available so a perfect triple (or perfect basic layback spin) earns more points than a quad or "higher level" spin, whereas points may be earned in the FS on a slightly different system that would encourage a little more difficulty.

vCash
    A boost in points, either in GOE or base value, to recognize that a combo of a double jump is followed by a triple jump is harder than a triple jump followed by a double jump.

I'd like this so that we can see more variations in combos-and perhaps a few skater would do a 2/3 who can't do a 3/3 or are perpetually underrotating the second triple.

vCash
    I think the problem isn't the code. It's the fact that skaters aren't trying to do fast step sequences anymore. Remember in 2006 when Sasha and Irina were doing level 3 steps with good speed?
    I think that the slow sequences should result in lower PC's in composition and skating skills (since part of skating skills has to do with speed across ice)

vCash
    Another vote for getting rid of the full body momvement requirement in step sequences. Just because it's harder to do footwork with your head between your legs, it doesn't mean that it's good to watch or enhances the step sequence.

I'm also in agreement that death spirals should lose the levels. It is the single element that has been ruined the most by COP. Why give greater points to a couple entering a death sprial in a shoot the duck, than a classic proper entrance which is so much more difficult than already beeing down close to the ice in a shoot the duck

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Proustable View Post
    1. I like combos having a multiplier.

2. A special -GOE for elements with falls (-3 isn't low enough) with multiple falls specifically decreasing program components (one fall doesn't have to, two should, and three/four/five definitely should)

3. Bring back the second leveled step sequence. It's funny watching what passes for footwork from some of the guys.
    What's a second leveled step sequence?

Also, i think that falls should be penalizes more. Maybe have the -3 to +3 GOE and then if you fall, you get the equivalent of a -4 or -5?

Also, bring back spirals. Maybe in the FS, you can say two step/spiral sequences. And I don't mean the 2 point spiral. I mean spirals that go from level 1 to level 4 so there's a reason for innovation.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DORISPULASKI View Post
    A boost in points, either in GOE or base value, to recognize that a combo of a double jump is followed by a triple jump is harder than a triple jump followed by a double jump.
    I like this one and think it should be recognized somehow that combos are more difficult than individual jumps. I'm having some difficulty with how to accomplish it. The best I can come up with would be either to have a multiplier for both the first and second jump of the combo (e.g. 1.1 for first jump, 1.2 for second) or only have a multiplier on the second jump (but might have result of over-encouraging double-triples at the expense of triple-triples). The one issue I have with both of these approaches is that I feel like the triple toe-triple toe is overvalued in the short program compared to a triple lutz-double toe, but maybe that's something I can get over. Having a bonus for a complete set of triples in the free might help compensate for this a little bit on an overall basis.

I would also eliminate the 0.8 for sequences, which I always thought was rather unfair. It makes sense for a combo to be more than a sequence but not for an individual jump to be worth more than a sequence.

vCash
    Is this supposed to be a serious thread or a fun casual thread? Maybe we need one of each?

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast