Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

vCash
    I was (and am) pretty horrified at the percentage of ordinary visitors that came back testing positive from visits to China -- that took it for me from a, "yes, I know they have food safety problems" to "whoa -- they have HUGE food safety problems." Add to that the adulterated milk -- which is still happening, exploding watermelons, duck marketed as lamb after being marinated in sheep urine, and plasticized tapioca, my interest in visiting China is rapidly plummeting, unless I do it on the bring a suitcase of bars and nuts method. And meanwhile athletes go and risk their careers if they eat the steroid adulterated food. It does not seem right.

Internet Beyotch
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by orbitz View Post
    Skating at the elite level is an endurance sport, especially under the new IJS.
    No, it's not. Skating is about explosive energy which comes from fast-twitch muscles and not the slow-twitch muscles that are primarily used by endurance athletes. Also, the programs are less than 10 minutes which means ATP production doesn't have time to ramp up like it does in endurance sports.

Now if they skated for 20 minutes or more, we could talk.
    Actual bumper sticker series: Jesus is my co-pilot. Satan is my financial advisor. Budha is my therapist. L. Ron Hubbard owes me $50.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12