Page 3 of 26 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    vCash
    I want the little kids acts to go away and never show up again. They are like a mosquito = buzzing around, looking to suck the blood out of you and all you want to do is smack them.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by numbers123 View Post
    I want the little kids acts to go away and never show up again. They are like a mosquito = buzzing around, looking to suck the blood out of you and all you want to do is smack them.
    I always felt bad for feeling that way, glad I'm not the only one.
    Logic is in the eye of the logician --Gloria Steinem

Satisfied skating fan
    vCash
    I'll just bet these girls are popular at biker ralleys.
    Those who never succeed themselves are always the first to tell you how.

Satisfied skating fan
    vCash
    I hate when they put lots of good acts on the same week. Last week sucked and 4 acts went through that would be beat by several of the acts this week. It's unfortunate some won't go.

I agree with the judges about the 12 yo singer. You can hear the power in her voice, but she's not ready yet. She should try for the Voice in a couple of years.

vCash
    Lys Agnes was kind of fabulous. I love seeing her all tiffed in the lace and feather jump suit.

Does anyone else not care about Professor Splash at all? Him doing the high dive is so not interesting to me.
    Logic is in the eye of the logician --Gloria Steinem

Satisfied skating fan
    vCash
    I think she's gorgeous. It's too bad mlp didn't see that jump suit.

Tranquillo
    vCash
    Is Poplyfe the singer/band who did the Adele number? I thought they were horrid, but obviously the panel and the audience disagreed.

I had to turn it off for the duo that was doing weird things with their eyes etc. - eek.

Mr Splash is interesting, but I don't see how this would make an act.
    "The Devil is joining in, and that's never a good sign." Phil Liggett

Satisfied skating fan
    vCash
    I just wish they'd do a variety show without the contest then they could book the cool acts more often. I think it's time for Hollywood to reinvent the Ed Sullivan show.

vCash
    I only act I really liked tonight was the band with the girl singer. Lys Agnes is very pretty but the yarn hair is horrendous & her voice isn't good enough for opera. I really feel for the guy who sang Fly Me To the Moon but he needs vocal training. It's too bad he didn't get it when he was young because his talent was wasted. Some of the people did their talent well like the yo-yo guy but I can't imagine paying to see his act.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rfisher View Post
    I hate when they put lots of good acts on the same week. Last week sucked and 4 acts went through that would be beat by several of the acts this week. It's unfortunate some won't go.
    I think it's done deliberately by the producers to ensure that certain acts have as clear a path as possible to the finale. If you stack the semis with too many similar, good acts, the ones the producers want may not go through. But if you have a couple really good acts and a couple mediocre acts, it's a lot easier.

It kind of defeats the purpose of "the greatest acts battling it out". Remember, AGT wants to make a profit off some of these acts down the road...can't do that if they don't make the final and/or win.

Beach Bum
    vCash
    There is just no "Wow" act this year.

Last week, I would have put the magician through over the bikers or Stephen, but oh well. I am glad Lady GuyGuy got through. I wonder if Silhouettes has any other gimmicks or interesting routines. There were so many bad acts last week.

I am sick of singers winning - so I hope the magician gets through tonight -- but I think the rest of my top 4 are singers/the band. I like Landau, and I also wish he'd had training. Great raw talent, needs pacing and control. Lys Agnes isn't half as good as Barbara Padilla was. PopLyfe is good, but I didn't like the song choice. Too mature for them.

The diving guy can go - I don't care to see that again. It is suspenseful, but not a full act. And the other sideshow/danger act - yuk. NFL cheerleader group was zzzzz. Mauricio was dreadful. Monet is adorable, but that was too much song for her at this point. A good theme, but her control isn't developed enough. Yoyo guy is good for a few minutes, but he's not a headlining act. The jump rope group is good at it, but not a headliner either. And the kids - cute, but not great.
    I think I will have a snack and take a nap before I eat and go to sleep.

vCash
    I like Landau. I see an improvement over the last few weeks. I think he can make a career of singing as he has a natural appeal on stage.

As for the diving act - I think it would work as a sort of Evil Kneivel type act. Promote one dive attempt for a world record for 6 months - interviews, controversy, any kind of talk would build up the event. Have him dive off a hotel or something. It could easily bring in a million dollars. Of course, he will probably hurt, cripple or kill himself along the way, but he doesn't seem to care much about that. Personally, I wouldn't watch it, but other people probably would.

vCash
    For those who were watching SYTYCD last night - Poplyfe, Landau, Lys top 3. Splash through on an split vote with Piers breaking the tie. I get the feeling Piers wanted to clear the way for the other magician.
    AceOn6, the golf loving skating fan

Satisfied skating fan
    vCash
    So far, the dance or novely acts outnumber the singers 7-5

Beach Bum
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Aceon6 View Post
    I get the feeling Piers wanted to clear the way for the other magician.
    I thought the other magician got eliminated last week. Is there a third one?
    I think I will have a snack and take a nap before I eat and go to sleep.

Argle-Bargle-ist
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Allen View Post
    Does anyone else not care about Professor Splash at all? Him doing the high dive is so not interesting to me.
    Now Allen, you have to use your imagination. You've spent $200 for your Professor Splash ticket, and he does this magnificent jump into a pool of water! Oooh, aaah! Now, imagine some lovely music playing for 15 minutes as he prepares for his next jump. Rinse and repeat four more times and there's your 90 minute show! Money well spent, non?

Quote Originally Posted by numbers123 View Post
    You need to go to the Politically Incorrect forum and join the Corporal Punishment thread!

Quote Originally Posted by Garden Kitty View Post
    Is Poplyfe the singer/band who did the Adele number? I thought they were horrid, but obviously the panel and the audience disagreed.
    Pierce kept complaining about the band not being on par with their singer, so this performance was all about them trying uber-hard to impress Pierce. They are much better when they are just doing their thing rather than jumping through hoops for snotty British people...

I think it's time for Hollywood to reinvent the Ed Sullivan show.

Huh?

It's official. I am madly in love with Meryl Davis.

Satisfied skating fan
    vCash
    I like variety shows. That's my favorite part about AGT. I think it would be a *new* format and could do well. Just get rid of judges and book the acts.

vCash
    ED Sullivan was great because he could book the newest A list "hits". I remember that Hollywood Palace was infinitely better in the B list "weird act" factor. There were also dozens of prime time variety shows in the evenings to handle most of the singers: Andy Williams, Carol Burnett, Gary Moore, Smothers brothers, Dean Martin Sonny and Cher and lots more in even earlier TV. Now it's dime a dozen reality shows for everyone's 15 minutes of fame.
    you don't even need talent, kinda like the old game shows!

Argle-Bargle-ist
    vCash
    I like variety shows. That's my favorite part about AGT. I think it would be a *new* format and could do well. Just get rid of judges and book the acts.
    Oh, I get it now. Thanks, wikipedia. The reference is a black and white television show. Who knew television used to come in only two colours!!!

It's official. I am madly in love with Meryl Davis.

Satisfied skating fan
    vCash
    Aw, come on. Surely you watched the Sullivan show as a kid! It lasted 20 years.

Page 3 of 26 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast