Page 26 of 26 FirstFirst ... 16242526

In my own little fantasy world where life is perfect for me!
    vCash
    for Landau!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dbell1 View Post
    Amazing voice on that tiny little angel. And very cute interview too.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jenna View Post
    I don't know how she didn't win last year. Grimm was good, but this kid is simply a legend.
    Quote Originally Posted by Garden Kitty View Post
    This show did not need to be 2 hours.

Jackie has an excellent voice, but IIRC, there was something a bit cloying about her performances last year - a little too rehearsed in how she spoke. But coming in second certainly hasn't hurt her this past year.
    She was/is by far the most talented performer on the show last night. Her voice is a wonder for a trained adult, let alone such a young child. IMO, she's not a legend, yet. Give her time & proper management and hope she retains that remarkable, astounding voice and she probably will be by the time she's 30 (hopefully I'll be around to hear her sing then.....). Her interview last night is probably more the real 11 year old Jackie than anything from last year.

I did not see her on AGT last year. I stumbled on her "Great Performances" special - it was taped in Sarasota, FL at the Ringling Museum - on the Miami PBS station while channel surfing a few months back. I only got to watch the last half of the show and was astounded when I heard her sing. A few days later the PBS station in West Palm Beach had the same GP on. I watched it from beginning to end. It verified that she is a most unusual & incredible talent. Hopefully she'll make an appearance in South Florida again - she sang in Boca Raton a few months ago, before the GP appeared on TV. With some luck someday I'll have to find the $$$ to get a ticket to hear that voice live. I have the feeling I'll find that money well spent.

Quote Originally Posted by Nan View Post
    I'm really surprised at the order of the last four, but very, very happy Landau won.
    I was a bit surprised at the final order, too. I felt the final 2 should have been TI & Landau. They are so Vegas that they fill the bill for the appearance that goes with the win. The 2 dance groups are entertaining & Poplyfe had an off night in the final, but Landau was the cream of the crop this season &, IMvhO, deserved the win. I wish the best for all of them in the future.

For all of what I've posted above a most pleasant part of the 2 hour marathon was seeing & hearing Tony Bennett. I've been a fan of his for decades & seeing the old man perform one more time was the cherry on the dessert for me.

NJL (...who'll probably watch this show a bit more next season...it is often hokey, but it is also often very entertaining......)
    Last edited by NeilJLeonard; 09-15-2011 at 03:38 PM. Reason: for clarity & spelling

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rfisher View Post
    I guess those billboards all over WV paid off.
    Are there links to those "local features" about Landau?
    I'm so pleased for him; glad for the opportunities he will have.
    I hope that he has a good financial planner/manager to help him make the most of them.

I loved seeing Tony Bennett, as well.
    He's proof that the "sunset" of a career can be Platinum!

Beach Bum
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rfisher View Post
    One would think little miss Evanco would have a tad more poise when speaking.
    I am kind of glad she wasn't more poised. She hasn't been polished to death yet.

I thought Landau would sing with Tony Bennett too. I think he held his own beautifully with Patti LaBelle and she was really gracious to step out of the spotlight. Not sure their voices blended all that well, but this really showed his range as a performer. He made the most of the opportunity.

TI showed that they can have other opportunities too, but this didn't feature them. They were back up. Not crazy about that group, but the performance worked.

LeeAnn and the Silhouettes were sweet and sappy - it blended well. But we'd seen it all before.

PopLyfe kids were so cute with Stevie Wonder. They are good players and she has "it."

I just knew America would eat the cheese so I am not surprised Silhouettes were Top 2, but I was so relieved when Landau won. I was looking forward to an act winning, rather than a solo singer, but when TI went 3rd, it just had to be Landau. What a fantastic thing for him and his family - he was clearly overwhelmed.
    I think I will have a snack and take a nap before I eat and go to sleep.

Tranquillo
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rob View Post
    I thought Landau would sing with Tony Bennett too. I think he held his own beautifully with Patti LaBelle and she was really gracious to step out of the spotlight.
    ITA, she was a very generous performer in her number with Landau.
    "The Devil is joining in, and that's never a good sign." Phil Liggett

Satisfied skating fan
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by skatesindreams View Post
    Are there links to those "local features" about Landau?
    I'm so pleased for him; glad for the opportunities he will have.
    I hope that he has a good financial planner/manager to help him make the most of them.

I loved seeing Tony Bennett, as well.
    He's proof that the "sunset" of a career can be Platinum!
    I don't know. It was the local NBC affiliate and part of their newscasts. They interviewed people from his home town. His wife spoke about how the Sinatra stuff was only a small part of the music he liked to perform. They didn't have any clips of him singing because he's never sung in front of a camera before this. No vocal training. What you see is just his raw talent. I don't think he'll have any problems with putting together a show in Vegas or Atlantic City. His type of music is very popular in both. Tony Bennett is still going strong and just did a duet album with a whole range of artists. Landau seems like a solid and humble guy. I hope this win parlays into a nice career for him and his family.
    Those who never succeed themselves are always the first to tell you how.

Beach Bum
    vCash
    His raw talent is great, and he is so likable. But when you hear Tony Bennett's phrasing, you can see where Landau will benefit from some coaching. He's got the means to do that now!
    I think I will have a snack and take a nap before I eat and go to sleep.

Argle-Bargle-ist
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jenna View Post
    Landau!!

He is going to go far. So richness and purity in his voice. Good. for. him.
    I agree. He might even out-sell Michael Grimm.
    It's official. I am madly in love with Meryl Davis.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PeterG View Post
    I agree. He might even out-sell Michael Grimm.
    I really like Michael but if they were both performing in Vegas I'll bet Landau would outsell him.

vCash
    To me there is a big difference between Michael Grimm and Landau. Grimm may be singing more current music but he was never a great performer on stage. Landau has been a natural on stage from the beginning. I thought his stage ability was every bit as important as his voice.

Argle-Bargle-ist
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by taf2002 View Post
    I really like Michael but if they were both performing in Vegas I'll bet Landau would outsell him.
    Oh, yes, of course. Ticket sales. That's what I meant, not album sales.

It's official. I am madly in love with Meryl Davis.

vCash
    A terrific article from Landau's "hometown" paper:
    http://www.dailymail.com/ap/ApTopStories/201109161225

Any word about the reaction when he returned to W VA on Saturday?

Page 26 of 26 FirstFirst ... 16242526