Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    vCash
    Here's an example of why this idea rarely works:
    I don't really think comparing skaters regarded as great stylists (of their day or of any era) with mediocre skaters nobody ever heard of makes much of a case. I don't know what Ice Theater's hiring qualifications are, but that girl could not even hold up her leg in attitude position*, which was used a lot in this choreo. (*at least she did not do it in the places Fleming had in the portion I watched before getting bored)

I think the suggestions here, of asking today's best skaters to recreate historically great choreography, could produce some entertaining results.

vCash
    Actually, it might be an interesting Disson show, with the "best skaters of today" doing the "best performances of the past". Maybe, Yu-Na could do Michelle Kwan's "Tosca" (from Worlds, 2004) with Peter T as the streaker? Or Ryan Bradley?

vCash
    The Shibutanis are so smooth and technically brilliant, in a slightly old-fashioned way, that I could see them tackling some of the pre-Bolero routines by Torvill/Dean, such as Mack & Mabel or Barnum. In fact, I thought a lot about T/D as I watched the Shibs skate their amazing Let's Face the Music and Dance FD this past season.
    Dick Button Historical Quote of the Month: "Good for you, Lucinda Ruh!"

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123