Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

vCash
    As much as Meg annoys me, I think she had the best design tonight. Not only did Mark blow the camera challenge, that belt-and-tape design was truly heinous.
    "The practice of sport is a human right. Every individual must have the possibility of practicing sport, without discrimination of any kind and in the Olympic spirit, which requires mutual understanding with a spirit of friendship, solidarity and fair play." –Olympic Charter

vCash
    Why is Danny Gokey polluting my teevee? I had just left HGTV on while I did some other stuff, I wander back in, and there is Gokey. I'd like him permanently out of my life, please.
    The Banana List: Prancer, Really, numbers123, rfisher, dbell1, MINAM, shells, my little pony, jamesy, cholla, pollyanna, Living Saint, Reuven, PRLady, reckless, michaelfsfan, AYS, flyingsit, RFOS, milanessa, Southpaw, sk8er1964, bellebway, oleada, skatemomaz, taf2002, suep1963, badams

vCash
    Bummer for Mark. I didn't always "get" his designs (and agree the belts were a miss) but they were certainly original and he's impossible not to like. He'll certainly get the online fan show and I bet HGTV finds something for him in the end.

I liked Meg's house, but still - Karl FTW now. I'd lurve an architecturally focused show in Chicago.

Beach Bum
    vCash
    I liked the floor plan of Meg's the best -- it actually looked bigger than it was. But Karl's was probably more functional with extra storage spots.

The lines in Mark's argyle design made the place look way smaller, and he blew the camera challenges again. He really faded in those challenges, instead of growing in them like Karl did.

For the finale, I think Karl is by far the better designer - Meg has the personality, but Karl has gotten good enough in the camera challenges to win this.
    I think I will have a snack and take a nap before I eat and go to sleep.

vCash
    I think Mark's elimination was fair based on the work last night, but I still didn't want him to get eliminated.

I actually liked Karl's house the best. The contrast did make it look small, but I still liked it very much.
    Logic is in the eye of the logician --Gloria Steinem

vCash
    For the finale, I think Karl is by far the better designer - Meg has the personality, but Karl has gotten good enough in the camera challenges to win this.
    You spoke for me.
    I also hope that they find a place for Mark on the network.

Beach Bum
    vCash
    They must have a spot on some kind of building/design show for Mark.

vCash
    I'm sad Mark is gone, but he really has stagnated the last few episodes, while Meg & Karl have bumped it up.

Out of all 3 tiny houses, I liked Karl's the most and Meg's the least. Karl had a contemporary feel that appeals to me, and he really thought out how to best use his accessories and layout. Yeah, the red made it look smaller, but paint is one of the easiest fixes.

Meg's... it felt too much like a little girl's playhouse for me to like it. That, and the fact that there was so little storage space, it just didn't appeal.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by nerdycool View Post
    Meg's... it felt too much like a little girl's playhouse for me to like it. That, and the fact that there was so little storage space, it just didn't appeal.
    I felt that Meg's was "decorated" while Karl's was "designed." With props for Meg's drop table, I think Karl did a better job of matching function and features.
    AceOn6, the golf loving skating fan

Beach Bum
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Aceon6 View Post
    I felt that Meg's was "decorated" while Karl's was "designed." With props for Meg's drop table, I think Karl did a better job of matching function and features.
    That is very true. The best part of Meg's was the openness. Karl designed his into different very tiny functional spaces with dual purposing. His was far more thought out. But if I lived in such a tiny space, I think I would prefer it to be as open as possible.

vCash
    Absolutely!

nerdycool, Karl's design "sensibilities" seem much more mature/adult/upscale than Meg's.
    "Perky" she might be.
    However, there doesn't seem to be enough thought/substance behind what she presents to make me want to watch any show she might have.

Just me
    vCash
    This. I liked most of Mark's work, but just wasn't a fan of the tiny house.

The judges seem to be very supportive of Karl's on-camera improvement and it makes me wonder if they haven't already made their choice and are encouraging him in order to bolster his confidence and improve his chances.
    If this is to end in fire
    Then we will all burn together

Satisfied skating fan
    vCash
    I suspect so. They have to have a show concept already.
    Those who never succeed themselves are always the first to tell you how.

vCash
    I was a bit shocked by the outcome. I was convinced that Mark had it in the bag and that he'd get a pass this week, but not so. I don't really get the Meg love (I find her annoying) but in this challenge, her design looked the least claustrophobic. But I can see why the judges went with Karl over Mark. Color choices aside, his camera challenges have improved while Mark lost his focus and slid downhill.
    My job requires me to be a juggler, but that does not mean that I enjoy working with clowns.

vCash
    I just loved Mark and Karl's Wellingtons!

vCash
    Just watched finale. I just don't like Meg and how they rave about her camera work. She is cutish, youngish, and annoying. And the way she talks and stresses, the results don't always match what she said. Also I did not like the way she injected her crime stuff into the design. Seems forced and phony. Also after awhile it seemed repetive
    Karl was great! I loved his room tonight.
    I really hope Karl and Mark end up with something, I would watch them again. I would not watch Meg.

vCash
    I LOVED Karl's video!!!!

And the concept of home design for dummies inspired by historic art and architecture is AWESOME!!!
    Last edited by Fergus; 09-13-2011 at 04:46 AM.

vCash
    There is something very Rachel Ray-isH about Meg. I'm not sure how that will play over time.

I do have to say that while I loved Karl's room, I think Meg's room was fantastic too. Her clients did not have the disparate tastes, but she had the challenge of making the small room mutual-functional. So the design difference was not that big.

Where I think Meg was vastly superior was on screen. I think Karl comes across as a nice guy, his pilot seemed to be very focused on the project at hand and making a nice room, but I didn't see a lot of information being given. Meg's Design Crimes structure was great. She identified discrete problems and then walked through how to fix them, while also making a nice room. Have different color preferences? Consider a rug to unify. Have a small space? Use mirrors to open them up and even give the illusion of windows. I thought it was an excellent pilot and might cause me to watch.

vCash
    I don't like the "Design Crimes" concept. It's catchy, yes, but also sort of negative and accusatory toward the homeowner: You f*cked up your home decor in some b/s way, let me and my Ann Reinking voice come in and fix it!

The Rachael Ray vibe is spot-on, btw. There's something DIY-ish about Meg that just might translate well onto the tv screen......
    Last edited by Fergus; 09-13-2011 at 01:24 PM.

Satisfied skating fan
    vCash
    ((((Karl)))) Meg annoys me. Mark was the best designer of the entire lot. He just blew it with the on camera stuff which is important if you're going to be on TV.
    Those who never succeed themselves are always the first to tell you how.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast