Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

vCash
    I was busy watching football, so I only caught glimpses of the finale. That armoir in Karl's room was . Please tell me the judges didn't pretend to like it? He deserved to lose just for that.
    Creating drama!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffisjeff View Post
    I was busy watching football, so I only caught glimpses of the finale. That armoir in Karl's room was . Please tell me the judges didn't pretend to like it? He deserved to lose just for that.
    I thought Meg deserved to lose for the claustrophobic feeling that room of hers engendered. That room was so over-stuffed with this and that and I thought the 'mirror solution' made the room even smaller, not larger.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rfisher View Post
    ((((Karl)))) Meg annoys me. Mark was the best designer of the entire lot. He just blew it with the on camera stuff which is important if you're going to be on TV.
    My feelings, exactly!

Meg is a decorator.
    Karl is a designer.

Each has their place; but the emphasis/vibe is different.
    Meg works too hard to be like Rachael Ray. It feels phony to me.

vCash
    Mark - and camera stuff... I would think one can not teach design to somebody, but one could teach the camera stuff. Mark is a bright guy and would catch on.

skatesindreams - perfect comparison of Meg and Karl. Meg is a decorator. But I enjoy learning from these shows, and you learn from a designer.

I have never seen Rachel Ray, only in dunkin donuts commercials, but since many are comparing Meg to her, maybe that is what is wrong, she is copying someone and not being herself. Just phony to me and not professional.

Also the crime stuff - as said above - it is saying to the homeowner they wee 'wrong' and that is a turnoff to me. To me, most people just don't have the time or money for proper design, it is not a crime, just not a high priority.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Fergus View Post
    I don't like the "Design Crimes" concept. It's catchy, yes, but also sort of negative and accusatory toward the homeowner
    ITA. The whole concept of her going to people's homes and discovering their 'design crimes' demeans the homeowners. For me, the only 'crime' is giving this overbearing Jabba-the-Hut her own show.

Beach Bum
    vCash
    I didn't like Karl's armoires either, but I still agree that Karl is the superior designer. His solution was inventive. Hers was predictable. Oh well, he got a lot of exposure.
    I think I will have a snack and take a nap before I eat and go to sleep.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456