Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by numbers123 View Post
    If you and your next door neighbor grew up together, played together, fought each other and later married, is that an ick factor?
    No, as long as the next door neighbor and I don't have the same biological parents or grandparents. Likewise, if I were to meet a long lost sibling or cousin who I had never met or known beforehand, the idea of a romantic relationship is ick to me and wouldn't cross my mind.

But in the end, to each his own. I've read stories of siblings having sex and/or marrying. Gross to me. Obviously, not to them.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by orientalplane View Post
    Not sure what all the fuss is about. Yes, there can be medical problems if first cousins have a child, but it's not illegal in Europe so it's hardly a scandal.
    I'm guessing it's not the potential for medical problems that had their family up in arms, but the boundary crossing. Among other things, it changes the relationships between she and his parents; he and her parents; etc.

Between this and what she said about her relationship with Vincent D'Onfrorio, it makes me wonder about Sacchi's judgement when it comes to sexual/romantic relationships.

Internet Beyotch
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by orientalplane View Post
    What if cousins simply fall in love?
    People fall in love all the time and don't end up doing anything about it for various reasons.
    Actual bumper sticker series: Jesus is my co-pilot. Satan is my financial advisor. Budha is my therapist. L. Ron Hubbard owes me $50.

vCash
    Who is Greta Scacchi?

BTW first cousins used to marry all the time. As long as there aren't double first cousins it's ok genetically.

Banned Member
    vCash
    Yeah, not too shocked here. Many of my family are interrelated. My sis one time had a romance with a first cousin. My parents were not thrilled but they didn't object. I guess it's how you were raised. Also, we didn't grow up around our cousins, so we weren't that close to begin with. As for children, the risk is higher when there is intersangunation, but the farther out you get the less risk of a recessive allele meeting the same allele diminishes.
    If Greta had an affair and child with her brother, then I'd be shocked. But cousins? Eh.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Louise View Post
    Yeah, not too shocked here. Many of my family are interrelated. My sis one time had a romance with a first cousin. My parents were not thrilled but they didn't object. I guess it's how you were raised...
    I guess it is. I have several first cousins I didn't see much growing up because they lived 600 miles away. However, I"ve never viewed the males in that man/woman way when we reconnected as adults. My mind simply won't go there.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123